PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Front 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not been on here for a long time. hello everyone,

ok now I will give my 2 cents on how to fix the problem next season. I think not a nuff speed and talent at LB and safety is the main reason why they cant stop the run or cover RB's and TE's, the rams who have the best DT's in the NFL are one of the worst run stopping teams in the NFL only the rams and pats are letting teams run at 5 yards per att,

I think adding a vet 350lbs+ DT or two on the cheap would be a upgrade to brown and the DT's that are on the roster now on running downs, bringing back Flowers is a must. I dont care what they do in the offseason if trey flowers is not re-signed its a failed offseason....I am going to get some hate for this one but Hightower needs to be cut they need speed at LB and they need his money to bring back flowers, also if they could find a great cover safety it would take the defense to a new level IMO bottom line they need to feel holes and have a great Draft and FA if they want to have a real shoot at winning a SB with Brady at 42 years old

Don't forget Mayo at #10 overall! (they traded back from 6 i think?)

It was the #7. The Pats had traded one* of their 2007 1st rounders to SF for their 2008 1st + a 2007 4th (that became Randy Moss). In 2008, the Pats traded the #7 to NOLA for the #10 and a 3rd-rounder.

That 1st-rounder used on Mayo was the Pats only 1st-rounder since their regular 2008 1st-rounder (#31) was confiscated by Goodell as part of the "Spygate" penalty.

*The extra first rounder the Pats had for 2007 was the one they got from Seattle for Deion Branch in 2006.

good NT's are hard to find
good NT's on the cheap are not there unless we get lucky

I'd like to try and pick a tackle up, if only to put some competition at the position. Trouble is, not only are decent big DTs hard to find, if they're idle they tend to eat their way out of being close to in shape.

I'd like to try and pick a tackle up, if only to put some competition at the position. Trouble is, not only are decent big DTs hard to find, if they're idle they tend to eat their way out of being close to in shape.

I'm talking about a FA for this year. No matter our need, we aren't allowed to move next year's draft up to December.

Alan Branch, speaking through a mouthful of Cheetos: "Why're you lookin' at me when you say that?"

Dude doesn't even begin to come close to helping solve our most pressing need on defense: run-stopping ability, especially from the interior.

Not directly. But, if Kamalu can play edge-contain better than Clayborn, maybe his presence on the outside keeps Guy/Brown more focused on the interior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing