PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Defense is Only Allowing 10 Points/Game the Last 7 Weeks

So far so good, but I don't think we can do this to the Titans or the Bills. I think we can play with anyone but our current dominance is a little inflated. I will change my tune if we do this to the Titans.
They obviously need to play their best games of the year vs the Bills (x2), Titans & Colts. They need to take at least 2 of those 4 games, 3-1 would be incredible. Anything worse than 2-2, and they can forget the playoffs.

It looks like they've overcome the loss of Gilmore, but I still wish he was on this team.
Yeah, honestly the move made no sense. He’s still playing under the same contract he allegedly was complaining about here. Just get him off the IR and finish off the year with the Pats, instead of trading him for absolutely nothing.

Nope. RunD was poor when they started 2-4. It's been Barmore recently leading DLine snaps and Carl Davis on the 4th down stop. But yes Godchaux plays on the defense.

Godchaux made big plays last night and looks much better as of late..

this is the #2 defense in the NFL right now by the only measure that matters

they pressured a decent QB behind a very, very good O-line in Cleveland, and they made a very good QB behind a crappy line look lost last night......will a very good QB behind a very good line get a little more done? sure, but that D front is nasty, period

secondary is showing it can play with anyone.....

this D is legit.......shutting out anyone in the NFL isn't easy, and they've been dominating in this recent stretch......

Baker isn’t a decent QB especially when he doesn’t have Hunt/Chubb backing him up

Godchaux made big plays last night and looks much better as of late..

He does look better (as in, doesn't suck), as a DE and not a nose tackle. It's all gotten better as Barmore got a lot more snaps, leads the DLine every game in total snaps now, plus Carl Davis is more of a big fat guy for nose tackle short yardage situations than Godchaux is.

Slow down people, this defense is still out there. Don't be surprise if a QB decide to employ similar approach. It was so easy for him too.

JC Jackson the last 4 games is only allowing a 3.13 passer rating when thrown to him. Decimal point is in the correct spot. 3.13 QB rating.

That doesnt even seem like real life - isnt throwing an incompletion every time like a 30 something passer rating?

I guess Steve must be doing a good job lol who knows how involved Bill is tho

If last year you didn’t see defensive team building as a bigger obstacle/more important than a qb wearing blouses around his neck and making some YouTube content... (footwork sucked yes, but riddled with infirmity)

then you’re off the bandwagon. Idc if you live in Massachusetts and your granddaddy liked the pats back when they sucked be gone with you.

this team w Brady wins how many more games? Prolly dal? Iono. I think it’s damn close.

I guess Steve must be doing a good job lol who knows how involved Bill is tho

I think it's Steve. He's the defensive signal caller. Bill does oversee everything including offense but gives his staff a lot of autonomy. I think there was a disturbing reporter anecdote that he never checked on Dean Pees a decade ago and spent all his time with the offense back then, even when Dean Pees was running a mediocre soft zone defense.

I think it's Steve. He's the defensive signal caller. Bill does oversee everything including offense but gives his staff a lot of autonomy. I think there was a disturbing reporter anecdote that he never checked on Dean Pees a decade ago and spent all his time with the offense back then, even when Dean Pees was running a mediocre soft zone defense.
Are we talking about the same Belichick who was coaching up the defense and didn't even turn around when Brady took a sack literally right behind him?

And I'd really like to know who the "reporter" was before trusting this rumor.

Yeah, honestly the move made no sense. He’s still playing under the same contract he allegedly was complaining about here. Just get him off the IR and finish off the year with the Pats, instead of trading him for absolutely nothing.

Have to assume the Pats were going to release him, so he was traded. Why release him? I do not know.

Gilmore was only playing 3rd downs for Carolina. Has his usage picked up? Or is his recovery still hindering him?

I’m guessing he refused to play for us on that contract. It’s abundantly clear that the draft pick nor the cap savings is worth losing a #1 cb which typically command more than double what we saved on the move. I have trouble thinking that we made that decision on our own.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back