PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Cuts

Status
Not open for further replies.
So was Green always on the 90? I don't remember him being mentioned.

Green wasn't on our 90. He was on the Colt's 90. He signed to our practice squad. We didn't claim him.

I think it's AWESOME that Olszewski is wearing #80 and that he asked Troy Brown if he could wear it and Troy gave him his blessing.. I think that speaks volumes about the kid..

Thomas back = good
Hoyer gone = bad

50/50 kind of day, so far

They do.. Which player do you believe went to another team's PS?
Green came to our PS from Indy, but apparently this is allowed after a certain time?

Thomas back = good
Hoyer gone = bad

50/50 kind of day, so far
BB decided to take a risk and move on w/o Hoyer, to add who to the 53, Gunner?

If Gunner works out, and Brady doesn't get injured, then it all works out. Of course there are other permutations.

BB decided to take a risk and move on w/o Hoyer, to add who to the 53, Gunner?

If Gunner works out, and Brady doesn't get injured, then it all works out. Of course there are other permutations.

Yes. I just think a needless gamble is a foolish gamble at this point.

did we really get rid of Hoyer just to give Gunner a spot?

No we got rid of Hoyer because Stidham is better and BB likes to keep two QB’s.

We traded Crossen because a 6th an Gunner was more valuable.

No we got rid of Hoyer because Stidham is better and BB likes to keep two QB’s.
Idk anything BB likes besides blonde milfs and guys who love football. Stidham will be better than Hoyer....it's about "rate of development."

The possibility of Brady getting injured behind a veteran OL, given the 20 years sample size of incredible health other than one season, is almost certainly less than the possibility that Edelman will get injured on a punt return (concussion, re-injuring thumb, re-injuring foot), in my opinion.

If Edelman did suffer an injury during a punt return, the “Why the hell was Edelman returning punts when he is so valuable to Brady in the passing game?!” posts would fill multiple pages on this site. At some point in the season, maybe early on, maybe not, Gummer is likely to take over the punt return duties.

They have a need at the punt return and kickoff return position. It is fairly obvious that they have been trying to find someone to consistently give them production in the returner role for several years. In the coaches’ minds, Gunner could be a factor this season and the chances of him getting poached by another team were likely we fairly high.

In that sense, the decision to cut Hoyer and keep Gunner was neither foolish nor needless. A player with the elusiveness, innate vision and fearlessness that are necessary to be an elite returner is hard to fine. Based upon early returns, Gunner has that natural ability.

In addition, young QBs need reps in practice. Without Hoyer around, Stidham will hopefully improve at a faster rate.....the talent is there, the decision-making and pocket awareness needs to get better. Not having Hoyer around as a veteran to tutor him is a clear minus but hopefully Brady will be willing to act as a mentor as well.

The possibility of Brady getting injured behind a veteran OL, given the 20 years sample size of incredible health other than one season, is almost certainly less than the possibility that Edelman will get injured on a punt return (concussion, re-injuring thumb, re-injuring foot), in my opinion.

If Edelman did suffer an injury during a punt return, the “Why the hell was Edelman returning punts when he is so valuable to Brady in the passing game?!” posts would fill multiple pages on this site. At some point in the season, maybe early on, maybe not, Gummer is likely to take over the punt return duties.

They have a need at the punt return and kickoff return position. It is fairly obvious that they have been trying to find someone to consistently give them production in the returner role for several years. In the coaches’ minds, Gunner could be a factor this season and the chances of him getting poached by another team were likely we fairly high.

In that sense, the decision to cut Hoyer and keep Gunner was neither foolish nor needless. A player with the elusiveness, innate vision and fearlessness that are necessary to be an elite returner is hard to fine. Based upon early returns, Gunner has that natural ability.

In addition, young QBs need reps in practice. Without Hoyer around, Stidham will hopefully improve at a faster rate.....the talent is there, the decision-making and pocket awareness needs to get better. Not having Hoyer around as a veteran to tutor him is a clear minus but hopefully Brady will be willing to act as a mentor as well.

Yes, keeping the other 50 players, at the expense of the viable backup QB, was a needless gamble. That's not debatable. The gamble literally did not need to be made.

Bill Belichick, famous for his half-ass gambles, gets called out by football forum poster.

Bill Belichick, famous for his half-ass gambles, gets called out by football forum poster.
where is the problem? That's what a forum I for, to discuss things. People are not coming here to say Belichick does everything right, no need to have any discussions.

Btw I agree with the release of Hoyer.

Strange nothing heard on the status of Ryan Allen.
When your cut with guarranteed money do you get 1 big check so you can go on a bender?

He's partying at Zoltan Mesko's place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes