PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Cuts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, mabe Ill explain for someone who isn't so condescending.
I wouldn’t be condescending if you said things you could or were willing to back up.
Instead you talked out your @ss and got called on it.

Almost too pre-packaged as a story. Not even the Ventrones managed to get cut and re-signed in a single day.

Yeah, that last-minute switcheroo was almost too obvious a tear-jerker. The Pats' scriptwriters have to come up with something more believable next time.

Gunner coming back from the dead...

gallery-1462544968-jon-snow.gif

You would be leaving us with zero backup ol who practiced with the team before yesterday.

Wouldn't be the first time they've had that, Andy.. And clearly you have this all or nothing thought process and can't understand that the Pats could bring someone back after they made their IR moves tomorrow.

Webster waived.

The Ballad of Gunner Olszewski is shaping up to be a classic.

This is a guy who, as a freshman, was thought to be too skinny to play at Bemidji State. Who said he'd play for three hots and a cot, didn't even get a tryout nibble after the draft, and was digging a ditch when he got a late call from the Patriots. Whose signing elicited a lot of "where'd they dig up this guy?" laughter. Who called his training camp experience "the best four weeks of my life," as if he knew that midnight was approaching and his carriage would turn back into a pumpkin.

Pure fairy tale. Except he also seems to be surprisingly good at football.

Gunner the Runner
Quick as a Cat

Yes, we certainly could cut Croston or Ferenz or both, without any danger of them being picked up.

Wouldn't be the first time they've had that, Andy.. And clearly you have this all or nothing thought process and can't understand that the Pats could bring someone back after they made their IR moves tomorrow.

Ken Webster cut.

Attachments

• kenwebster.png
    kenwebster.png
    75.3 KB · Views: 2
The Ballad of Gunner Olszewski is shaping up to be a classic.

This is a guy who, as a freshman, was thought to be too skinny to play at Bemidji State. Who said he'd play for three hots and a cot, didn't even get a tryout nibble after the draft, and was digging a ditch when he got a late call from the Patriots. Whose signing elicited a lot of "where'd they dig up this guy?" laughter. Who called his training camp experience "the best four weeks of my life," as if he knew that midnight was approaching and his carriage would turn back into a pumpkin.

Pure fairy tale. Except he also seems to be surprisingly good at football.
Every team needs 1 or 2 guys like him. Yea his size will limit him in some areas but also give you an added dimension that is very hard to prepare for.

I wouldn’t be condescending if you said things you could or were willing to back up.
Instead you talked out your @ss and got called on it.
Im pretty sure you'd be condescending no matter what since that's your default state.

Also, what that makes it? 5 craps, right? Should i get the toilet?

When was the other time they had zero backups on the opening day who had even been at practice by the end of the preseason?

Four to go: My expectation:

James Ferentz
Malik Gant
Shilique Calhoun On IR return
Trent Harris (to keep Cole so we have an experienced backup)

I like how Bill did this. Was never a fan of keeping 3 QB's, Calvin Munson or anyone cut, and I think DT will be back.

Some guys I would like on the practice squad, but they should not have been on the 53.

I've still got 55 on my list. But, I've got Hjalte Froholdt and Jakob Johnson still and think they might be the last two. Any news on either of them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back