PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Cuts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t want experiments during something as crucial. Too many games are lost on a bonehead play (Harper?)... JE11 can keep fielding those.
Maybe it's something they can work with him on or James White Return Punts?

If they were thinking of using him that way. Would they have tried letting him return a punt or two during preseason?
Yeah I thought about that but you know how things can change based on personal and need for the team the more you can do.

I bet Patricia or Flores claims Gunner and I will be sick.

Before we annoint Stidham as the next great one ( and he may be), preseason doesn't always translate to the regular season.
Here's one guy's stats the last 2 preseasons.....
2018 preseason 33/41 ....... 80.5% .......431 yds 3 TD 1 int..... rating ....124.7
2019 preseason 60/84......71.4%.......475 yds..3 Td.. 0 int . .rating .....97.1
and do you know who that is??
.Nathan Peterman. I am NOT comparing Stidham to Peterman but success in preseason against vanilla defenses and guys who won't sniff the regular season isn't a guarantee
I would say that Stidham has more talent than Peterman. Only problem is that he is raw and inexperienced. I can see why some say keep 3 QBs because Stidham is a 4th round pick while Jimmy G was a 2nd round pick.

Can Crossen return Punts with his speed?

Quickness is what you need on punts. Speed on kickoffs. We do have an opening at KR though.

I’d rather save Edelman returning punts for the big games plus playoffs, especially given his injury history.
Please list the number of times Julian Edelman has been injured on a punt return.

Please list the number of times Julian Edelman has been injured on a punt return.
Doesn’t mean he can’t get hurt, but he is good at avoiding taking big hits on punt returns.

Doesn’t mean he can’t get hurt, but he is good at avoiding taking big hits on punt returns.
Jules takes a sht ton of hits every year. Surprised hes only had one major injury

Maybe it's something they can work with him on or James White Return Punts?
Put aside for a moment the fact that White has never returned a punt in his professional career and won’t start now.

He is the most valuable offensive piece next to Julian Edelman. It would be foolish to put him at any further injury risk, as durable as he has been, in the regular season.

I bet Patricia or Flores claims Gunner and I will be sick.
Let them develop him then, and bring him back home to the Pats as an RFA in 3 years after those two coaches have been canned and the new regime wants their own guys. We get to keep game ready WRs today while letting someone else do the hard development work while losing games.....

Put aside for a moment the fact that White has never returned a punt in his professional career and won’t start now.

He is the most valuable offensive piece next to Julian Edelman. It would be foolish to put him at any further injury risk, as durable as he has been, in the regular season.
White doesn’t really even get tackled. I don’t think we should be afraid of him returning punts if he’s able to do it.

I would say that Stidham has more talent than Peterman. Only problem is that he is raw and inexperienced. I can see why some say keep 3 QBs because Stidham is a 4th round pick while Jimmy G was a 2nd round pick.

Not saying you're wrong but here's the counterargument: Stidham played 2 years in the SEC against teams such as UGA, Alabama and LSU. JG played in the Ohio Valley Conference. Stidham is raw and inexperienced but not as much as JG was at this time in their respective careers.

But he is very durable I just thought he could spell Julian because I don't see on the roster who else could.

Here comes Dwayne Allen?

Just got released.

EDIT: Apparently, he hurt his knee, so might not be ready for a bit.

White doesn’t really even get tackled. I don’t think we should be afraid of him returning punts if he’s able to do it.
Eh. Just my opinion, I guess. I think there are other players just as capable or more so than he would be returning punts. I don’t think the reward outweighs the risk.

Then again we have no idea how he would be as a returner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes