PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots cut Edelman(Update- EDELMAN RETIRES)

Yep, heart broken without Tom. People on here said that Gronk was done.

1 - NE released Edelman.
2 - Edelman retires.

Not the opposite. BB knows whats up. Look at the Super Bowl. 2 guys that knew Brady the longest found the endzone. Edelman knowing what Brady is thinking on the field is light years better than the # 1 WR in the 2021 draft who is green.
One thing to note, Edelman is older than Gronk, and his knees are shot, its a little different. Gronk is beat up, but if you pace him and keep him in to block a lot, he can still play. I am not sure Edelman could. He only knows one way to play and I do not want him in a wheelchair at 50.

Given that they let him tape his retirement video on the field at night, I kinda doubt there was anything other than Edelman's best interests in mind.
Yeah I understood it later.

Sloppy routes. Shi Smith for me.
Whop Philyor, round 6/7, great slot productivity. Not sure what his measurables were, though. He killed OSU, Penn State, others.

1 - NE released Edelman.
2 - Edelman retires.

Not the opposite. BB knows whats up. Look at the Super Bowl. 2 guys that knew Brady the longest found the endzone. Edelman knowing what Brady is thinking on the field is light years better than the # 1 WR in the 2021 draft who is green.
Given that Edelman's retirement video was filmed on the field at night, this clearly was not a surprise.

1 - NE released Edelman.
2 - Edelman retires.

1618282831538.gif

Edelman destroyed Atlanta. He should go to Hollywood and use a fake recommendation from Rob Manfred to get starring roles in action movies. The stupid ba$tard studio execs don't know the difference between baseball and football anyway.

They are releasing Edelman and Adding cap money for QB Aaron Rodgers acquisition.

Wow. End of an Era. The muscle squirrel. What a friggin beast. Love the guy. It's between Jules and Troy Brown for my all time favorite Pats player. Could it be argued that Jules was the actual embodiment of the "Patriot Way"? Man, I'm gonna miss this guy. What a competitor. LEGEND.

Now only four players remain from the 2014 champinship squad. McCourty, Slater, Hightower and White.

Watched his retirement video this morning which was sad but classy. A great player who gave his all for the team , sorry to see him go.

Given that Edelman's retirement video was filmed on the field at night, this clearly was not a surprise.

Patriots released WR Julian Edelman.​

Edelman's contract was terminated following a failed physical. Although there likely isn't a market for a veteran slot guy who turns 35 in May and underwent knee surgery in October, there's a terrific chance Tom Brady rallies the front office to make room for his old teammate in Tampa Bay; the Buccaneers still have a need there with Antonio Brown reportedly holding out for more money. It's also possible this move is a precursor to Edelman simply walking away after winning three rings and one Super Bowl MVP award in 11 seasons with New England. The transaction frees up $3.4 million in cap space for the Pats.
SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Apr 12, 2021, 4:15 PM ET

1 - NE released Edelman.
2 - Edelman retires.

silly

Edelman's contract was terminated following a failed physical. Although there likely isn't a market for a veteran slot guy who turns 35 in May and underwent knee surgery in October, there's a terrific chance Tom Brady rallies the front office to make room for his old teammate in Tampa Bay; the Buccaneers still have a need there with Antonio Brown reportedly holding out for more money. It's also possible this move is a precursor to Edelman simply walking away after winning three rings and one Super Bowl MVP award in 11 seasons with New England. The transaction frees up $3.4 million in cap space for the Pats.

Given this report didn't know yet that Edelman intended to retire, I would classify it as speculation based on incomplete information.

Edelman himself said he’s retiring a Patriot .... go theorize some other conspiracy

Given this report didn't know yet that Edelman intended to retire, I would classify it as speculation based on incomplete information.

All of this was the media trying to speculate and being the first to post something instead of waiting before posting something and reaching out to Edelman or the Patriots. If they had done an inch of journalistic effort, I'm sure the Pats would have told them to hold off an official statement is coming. Instead you have the garbage that poses as media in the US today.

All of this was the media trying to speculate and being the first to post something instead of waiting before posting something and reaching out to Edelman or the Patriots. If they had done an inch of journalistic effort, I'm sure the Pats would have told them to hold off an official statement is coming. Instead you have the garbage that poses as media in the US today.

Well, they're not alone. They have kindred spirits on this very forum.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back