PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots could shop Parker

Belichick had a senior moment.

He conflated Devante Parker with Davante Adams.
And he thought he was singing creed Humphries instead of vaderian lowe

It's probably just me, but I'd just give him away.

So long, Parker..

That's the only way they're moving on from him. I still can't believe Bill extended him. Why Bill, why?

It's probably just me, but I'd just give him away.
If you want someone else to pay the guaranteed salary, then you need to trade him, say foa conditional 7th, or give them a 7th.

Trade Juju for a salary dump move, or just bite the bullet and take on his dead money after June 1st. I don’t see a point in keeping someone who is completely toast.
No.

No, too expensive to do that. Trade is the way to go if they can find takers.
Well the money they will save won't be going to the family room at Gillette.

There should only be room for one of the overpaid vets. Ideally Parker or Juju wouldn't see the field.

1. Ridley (potentially the only WR1 available)
2. Douglas
3. Pick 34 or 68
4. Parker or Juju
5. Day 3 rookie

The team can take the dead cap hit. Both of them shouldn't be clogging roster spots on a team wanting to get younger IMO.

There should only be room for one of the overpaid vets. Ideally Parker or Juju wouldn't see the field.

1. Ridley (potentially the only WR1 available)
2. Douglas
3. Pick 34 or 68
4. Parker or Juju
5. Day 3 rookie

The team can take the dead cap hit. Both of them shouldn't be clogging roster spots on a team wanting to get younger IMO.
The tough part is juju is only 26 himself.. just with those injuries have hampered his career. Definitely All in on Ridley, Hollywood brown is an option as well. DD is definitely our slot guy, I think Parker is out, juju is in. So Thornton and rookie draft pick? Gabe Davis is out there too

If you want someone else to pay the guaranteed salary, then you need to trade him, say foa conditional 7th, or give them a 7th.
Whatever works!

No, too expensive to do that. Trade is the way to go if they can find takers.
I would be surprised if they can. If this random report is leaked I would assume this is a "We're open for business on Parker" please offer us something.

My angle is more that we take on a chunk of the deal, the same way the Chargers took on most of JC Jackson’s deal.

I’m fine with keeping him over the offseason into camp. But I’m not for keeping him over other talent just because of the contract.
They certainly could give him a signing bonus equal to most of his 2024 salary, slash his actual salary down to $1M and then trade him. They wouldn’t really gain any cap space this year doing so but it would make him a much more attractive trade candidate. You’d probably still only get a mid round pick.

I'm fine with Parker on the roster as WR 4 or 5. If we draft Daniels, he might be quite serviceable on deep contested catch routes.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back