PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Coaching Staff (Not OC/DC)- Upgrades?

...literally no one else would have them because their names are mud. So yes.
Really? Judge who coached one of the best special teams unit in the nfl for years. That wasn't worth anything to anyone but the Pats?

I don’t think they would have gotten the roles or HC /Coordinators jobs with other teams
Judge was considered to be a great special teams coach so i'm guessing he would have some interest

Really? Judge who coached one of the best special teams unit in the nfl for years. That wasn't worth anything to anyone but the Pats?
Some people here seem to think a coordinator position is the same as head coach. Or that when a head coach goes back to being a coordinator...somehow the success he had before won't happen again. I stopped trying to understand it.

Pot meet kettle.
Show me a post that shows I was glad the Pats lost to prove a point.

I'll wait.

This isn't the first time I get mixed up other posters on here.

He’s now the QB Coach.

Judge was considered to be a great special teams coach so i'm guessing he would have some interest
YeH but for the ST coord and not offense

Are you referring to Belichick when he was a special teams coordinator ?
No joe judge, I would have preffered him as a ST coach and someone else from outside the organization for the OC Position
Judge could fix the ST issues or improve this unit compared to last season imo
I am not so sure about his offense qualities , he giants had a suspect offense but idk how much involved he was

No joe judge, I would have preffered him as a ST coach and someone else from outside the organization for the OC Position
Judge could fix the ST issues or improve this unit compared to last season imo
I am not so sure about his offense qualities , he giants had a suspect offense but idk how much involved he was
That makes me wonder if the Giants media and fans roasted the team when Bill went from special teams coordinator to defensive coordinator.

He’s now the QB Coach.
The point being made was that no one else wanted judge so he had to come back to the pats supposedly potentially abusive environment. The point i was making was the fact that he was a very successful special teams coach prior to being HC of the Giants probably means he didn't feel like he was forced to return to us as his rep going to the giants was very good.

That makes me wonder if the Giants media and fans roasted the team when Bill went from special teams coordinator to defensive coordinator.
That’s not my point and BB is the greatest HC. He also got promoted while Judge who was a HC now works with our offense but wasn’t named coordinator , that’s the opposite
Its gonna be tough to replace McD like that imo

That’s not my point and BB is the greatest HC. He also got promoted while Judge who was a HC now works with our offense but wasn’t named coordinator , that’s the opposite
Its gonna be tough to replace McD like that imo

I think it was going to be tough to replace McDaniels regardless. Unless they brought back O'Brien (who we don't even know if he was interested in leaving Bama yet), you couldn't ask one guy to do it. Josh had grown into a role here over many, many years that had a LOT on his plate. Asking one person to step up and replace him would have been overwhelming. I think we're going to see contributions from a lot of guys this year, with hopefully someone stepping up and getting the title next year.

I think it was going to be tough to replace McDaniels regardless. Unless they brought back O'Brien (who we don't even know if he was interested in leaving Bama yet), you couldn't ask one guy to do it. Josh had grown into a role here over many, many years that had a LOT on his plate. Asking one person to step up and replace him would have been overwhelming. I think we're going to see contributions from a lot of guys this year, with hopefully someone stepping up and getting the title next year.
I agree
But I must admit I wasn’t exactly thrilled hearing that patricia and or judge are heavy involved in the offense. I hoped they would bring someone else in for the offense from outside for new input and „outside the organization view“ to complement them.
I am curious how the offense will look like or even if they change some stuff

I agree
But I must admit I wasn’t exactly thrilled hearing that patricia and or judge are heavy involved in the offense. I hoped they would bring someone else in for the offense from outside for new input and „outside the organization view“ to complement them.
I am curious how the offense will look like or even if they change some stuff

I think we'd all feel better with a known commodity there for sure. But there aren't many examples in Bill's tenure of them doing that, at least for major coaching positions. Dean Pees is the big one that comes to mind, but no one really liked him while he was here either. Then there was the Houston coach (can't remember which one it was) who was hired for an "assistant head coach" spot or something like that in 2007 when they weren't sure if BB would get suspended or not. Other than that, it's been almost exclusively guys promoted from within. It's a little different as you said because Judge and Patricia are swapping sides of the field, but it's a similar principle IMO.

I think we'd all feel better with a known commodity there for sure. But there aren't many examples in Bill's tenure of them doing that, at least for major coaching positions. Dean Pees is the big one that comes to mind, but no one really liked him while he was here either. Then there was the Houston coach (can't remember which one it was) who was hired for an "assistant head coach" spot or something like that in 2007 when they weren't sure if BB would get suspended or not. Other than that, it's been almost exclusively guys promoted from within. It's a little different as you said because Judge and Patricia are swapping sides of the field, but it's a similar principle IMO.
Yup, we can assume they got experience in offense game plans and play calling due to their HC tenure

Dom Capers was his name.

They never said he wouldn't be calling plays....
Hoping for the 2 Tight End offense. Loved the smash mouth run game with a fullback but way too much telegraphing with personnel on the field.

Most articles about this had Patricia working with the O-line. Dante never called plays. So why would you make the assumption?

The coaching staff is a disaster. If we thought little Stevie and Mayo were bad last year wait until we get a taste of Judge/Patricia.

I bet you think that Eliot Wolf and Matt Groh suck too. I mean, they are both products of nepotism..

I bet you think that Eliot Wolf and Matt Groh suck too. I mean, they are both products of nepotism..
I like Wolf.

Groh - we'll see.

This thing about "not being big on titles" seems like BS. Maybe Bill should give uphill title as head coach and GM and rely on Kraft to supplement a meager annual salary with wads of cash based on his performance solely at the discretion of Bill. Seems a bit abusive.

OMFG. You're talking about things that happened 30-40 years ago when he was a young guy and then the coach with the Giants as some idea that they don't pay their coaches? How about a bit of perspective. That's what happened to the INTERNS and Offensive/Defensive Assistants who had ZERO experience. Not actual position coaches.

No wonder people think that Belichick doesn't pay. People have zero ability to understand that this isn't 30 some years ago and that there is a HUGE difference between Offensive/Defensive assistants with zero experience and actual position coaches.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back