PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots and Hunter Henry “far apart on an extension"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm guessing he wants at least what he got in 2021. Just take a look at the TE salaries and you'll agree.

I'm guessing he wants at least what he got in 2021. Just take a look at the TE salaries and you'll agree.
Let the Rebuild on Offense begin see ya H Henry could have had Musgrave or Kraft last year instead of Marte Poopoo and Chad Wideleft. Let's' just start over on Offense and not pay that jag Henry. It's a really poor FA Class on Offense with the good players worth a dam already off the market. Again BB is making us now pay for his Offensive misses over the years we have a ways to go on Offense.

Ba bye. See ya. Sayonara. with all due respect.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240305_170614_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240305_170614_Gallery.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 5
The new cap number has all these free agents and agents rethinking what they're worth.

The free market determines worth, and there's often some idiot team out willing to overpay.

With some of these players it will take some time to determine what they're actually worth.

That’s the core of the issue, Henry isn’t a very good blocker. If they’re going to spend big on a TE, it should be Schultz who is a solid blocker and still a good receiver. Henry also has injury issues like you noted.

If Schultz goes elsewhere then they can circle back around to Henry and see what the market has dictated his value as, but there are other decent TEs on the market as well. Henry is definitely a very good receiving TE and a good locker room presence, so I’m sure he will get a decent deal, but I imagine AVP will be using his TEs two ways often.

They also have Gesicki available to sign for probably far less, who can’t block for his life, but was a very good receiver last year. Granted, they rarely used him as an actual TE, but worth considering bringing both him and Brown back and using their skill sets effectively, plus another mid grade TE1 addition, vs splashing cash on Henry and still being deficient in the blocking dept.
I like Brown, he shows heart. I'd like to see him get a chance going forward.

The new cap number has all these free agents and agents rethinking what they're worth.

The free market determines worth, and there's often some idiot team out willing to overpay.

With some of these players it will take some time to determine what they're actually worth.
If a team overpays, that IS what they're worth. That's how the market works.

If a team overpays, that IS what they're worth. That's how the market works.
Agreed, but no single player is worth handicapping your team over. Just because you can, doesn’t make it smart.

Agreed, but no single player is worth handicapping your team over. Just because you can, doesn’t make it smart.
Oh agreed, but I doubt signing Henry would really handicap us. But if the Wolf doesn’t want him, that’s ok too.

Having lots of cap money does NOT mean that we should overpay for players. It means that we have more money available for MORE upgrades.

Consider the Defense. If we had an average cap amount available, we might not be able to look at 2-3 upgrades on the Defense.

I'm getting the BB-value vibe already...
Red Sox and Patriots always seem "far apart" with their guys, while other teams keep their great players. It's getting old, honestly.
https://media1.tenor.com/m/kHCSGaj_EDgAAAAC/****ing-ten-billy-bob.gif

Well Dalton Shultz signed with Texans…
There was no way Caserio was going to let him get away...

This gives us an idea of the tight end market and their relative worth on the open market...

Really hope the team that signs Henry is not us.

Tight end draft class is not very good this year so I would lean towards signing him.
Ja'Tavian Sanders - Cade Stover - Ben Sinnott - Brevyn Spann-Ford and Theo Johnson.

At this point I figure they draft a TE in the mid rounds and maybe offer a bag of balls for a guy like Mo-Allie Cox, or sign a low end starter like CJ Uzomah or Hayden Hurst. Seems like we might be left without a chair when the music stops at the tight end position unless we find a guy in the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes