PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots and Hunter Henry “far apart on an extension"

Status
Not open for further replies.
At this point I figure they draft a TE in the mid rounds and maybe offer a bag of balls for a guy like Mo-Allie Cox, or sign a low end starter like CJ Uzomah or Hayden Hurst. Seems like we might be left without a chair when the music stops at the tight end position unless we find a guy in the draft.
Did somebody sign Hayden Hurst don't see him on the FA TE list anymore??

At this point I figure they draft a TE in the mid rounds and maybe offer a bag of balls for a guy like Mo-Allie Cox, or sign a low end starter like CJ Uzomah or Hayden Hurst. Seems like we might be left without a chair when the music stops at the tight end position unless we find a guy in the draft.
Well, red zone threats are overrated in our system.

Ja'Tavian Sanders - Cade Stover - Ben Sinnott - Brevyn Spann-Ford and Theo Johnson.
The other thing is that we have so many needs on offense that using a draft pick on TE means we don't use it on WR, Tackle, QB or backup QB, and RB. I don't think Henry is a great fit for this team. Good player- yes. But I would rather go with youth then clog up a roster spot with an expensive vet when we are not winning anything next year, anyway. Except- we have so many needs that you almost have to!

The other thing is that we have so many needs on offense that using a draft pick on TE means we don't use it on WR, Tackle, QB or backup QB, and RB. I don't think Henry is a great fit for this team. Good player- yes. But I would rather go with youth then clog up a roster spot with an expensive vet when we are not winning anything next year, anyway. Except- we have so many needs that you almost have to!
We can get some of those TE's in the Third and Fourth and so on.

8i8am9.jpg

The other thing is that we have so many needs on offense that using a draft pick on TE means we don't use it on WR, Tackle, QB or backup QB, and RB. I don't think Henry is a great fit for this team. Good player- yes. But I would rather go with youth then clog up a roster spot with an expensive vet when we are not winning anything next year, anyway. Except- we have so many needs that you almost have to!I
I'm warming up to Noah Fant in FA he's basically a H Henry clone much younger though.

Do we even know what our system is yet? If it is AVP's then David Njoku really came into his own under AVP and was the 5th most targeted tight end in the red zone last year.

Oh agreed, but I doubt signing Henry would really handicap us. But if the Wolf doesn’t want him, that’s ok too.
We’ll see what the market offers Henry, he might find the best deal is in NE.

Do we even know what our system is yet? If it is AVP's then David Njoku really came into his own under AVP and was the 5th most targeted tight end in the red zone last year.
No, I was just joking because Henry was our main red zone threat last year. I'm hoping they'll find some guys who will fit in AVP's system.

Super thin market for free agent tight ends this year. With Dalton Schultz re-signing with Houston, the Pats and Hunter Henry supposedly not being close to an agreement, and bigger needs for the Pats in the draft, it may be another year before we see an upgrade at TE.

1. Dalton Schultz
2. Hunter Henry
3. Noah Fant
4. Gerald Everett
5. Adam Trautman
6. Austin Hooper
7. Mike Gesicki

Super thin market for free agent tight ends this year. With Dalton Schultz re-signing with Houston, the Pats and Hunter Henry supposedly not being close to an agreement, and bigger needs for the Pats in the draft, it may be another year before we see an upgrade at TE.

1. Dalton Schultz
2. Hunter Henry
3. Noah Fant
4. Gerald Everett
5. Adam Trautman
6. Austin Hooper
7. Mike Gesicki
We get a couple in the Draft on Day 3.

Cade Stover

Theo Johnson

Spann-Ford

Jared Wiley

Ben Sinnott

He’s been “ok” but certainly not worth being “far apart” from whatever we offered… Sign Noah Fant and draft whoever the Iowa tight-end is this year since they are to tight-ends what Penn State is to linebackers… Which reminds me - Noah is a product of that tight-end factory…

I wouldn't spend a lot of money on a TE. Get one in the draft, sign P Brown.

Henry has been good. But, he's still a slightly above average TE who's going to turn 30 this season.
And will cost ~$12M/yr

I'd rather sign Trautman for ~$4M/yr AND draft a ~3rd-4th rounder like Sinnott/Johnson

What happened to all that cap space?
If I'm Hunter Henry, I go explore the market before I sign anything. He may very well return because the Pats make the best offer and he knows the players and some of the coaching staff. But the smart thing to do is check the market for his services out.

He also doesn't know who his QB will be. He will probably hang out and see what happens in the draft before signing somewhere. There's a lot of TE talent in both free agency and the draft, so he doesn't have a huge amount of leverage this year.

If I'm Hunter Henry, I go explore the market before I sign anything. He may very well return because the Pats make the best offer and he knows the players and some of the coaching staff. But the smart thing to do is check the market for his services out.

He also doesn't know who his QB will be. He will probably hang out and see what happens in the draft before signing somewhere. There's a lot of TE talent in both free agency and the draft, so he doesn't have a huge amount of leverage this year.
I wish that Non Blocker well bye...

see ya goodbye GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk