PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots All-Decade Team Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
At first glance, I thought this thread was about the best Pats players getting special treatment on the stay at home orders.

RB and passing down back should be two distinct positions with Blount getting the former. I think cases could be made for Cannon > Vollmer, Mason > Mankins too.

Front 7 should really be divided into DL, EDGE, and LB too. There's 3 or 4 edge players listed there (depending on what you call Van Noy). Can't really argue with the rest of the defense though. Even Guy makes sense because I can't really think of who would replace him. Don't have a real problem with Butler making it over Talib or Revis, who all played at a similar level imo. Revis was great here but his Revis Island days were past him already. Similarly, Talib peaked with Denver.

Mankins is, without question, the #1 IOL of the decade.

I'd argue Burkhead at RB just to complete the all-Aryan offense.

Jemele Hill would spontaneously combust, too.
JH: are we just not going to address the fact that the only black guy on their offense is named "White"? Can't spell New England Patriots without white supremacists!!! (I'm pretty sure that's not true but I'm certain that it's too many letters for myself or anyone else to check)

I mean it’s either him or Collins.

Also Mayo was here until 2015
I'd probably take him out and add Jon Jones as a DB. IMO more impactful for the team. Not a total knock on Mayo who I loved but more value to the team I gotta say Jones. Heck maybe even Harmon

Mankins is, without question, the #1 IOL of the decade.

This one or last one? When did his decline start? I'm not sure I remember.

I'd argue Burkhead at RB just to complete the all-Aryan offense.

Jemele Hill would spontaneously combust, too.
Even though this was a joke, interesting how Burkhead has an equal if not better average yardage per both receptions and rushes, compared to James White over the last 3 seasons.

If it came down to choosing a second RB, I'd seriously consider him over Blount.

LeGarrette Blount should be here instead of Danny Amendola. Move James White to the FLEX role and have Blount as the RB. Both Blount and Amendola had some big plays here, but Blount was consistently a bigger factor in comparison to Amendola, as well as having a better peak (1161 yards, 18 TDs).

Even though this was a joke, interesting how Burkhead has an equal if not better average yardage per both receptions and rushes, compared to James White over the last 3 seasons.

If it came down to choosing a second RB, I'd seriously consider him over Blount.

He's played 31 games out of a possible 48 in his time with the Patriots, has never even had 100 touches in a season with the Patriots and one year out of three averaged 3.3 yards per carry.

Burkhead's a totally fine third string running back but to say he was more meaningful to the team than Blount over the last decade is batshit crazy. Blount had a season with over 1000 yards and 18 touchdowns.

White's the obvious choice for running backs but Blount and Woodhead are the next two. After that, you'd still have to get through Ridley, Green-Ellis, and Vereen before Burkhead. Heck, Bolden had a couple seasons with Burkhead-like production (nearly identical, actually).

LeGarrette Blount should be here instead of Danny Amendola. Move James White to the FLEX role and have Blount as the RB. Both Blount and Amendola had some big plays here, but Blount was consistently a bigger factor in comparison to Amendola, as well as having a better peak (1161 yards, 18 TDs).

I would argue for Woodhead over Blount, I think, but still think Amendola is the correct choice.

Damn that Belichick, first he won’t draft who people want now he just released the whole freaking all-decade team.

Amendola consistently showed up in big games. Blount was inconsistent (2013 AFCCG, SEA and ATL SuperBowls). He sure played great while on the opposing team, though (Eagles SuperBowl: 90 yards on 14 attempts, 6 yard average, incl. a 36 yard run and TD run for 21 yards). For that bullsh*t alone I'm taking Amendola.

Damn that Belichick, first he won’t draft who people want now he just released the whole freaking all-decade team.
They all wanted to play for Tampa.

A real surprise that Belichick got coach of the decade.
Some of the folks in recent threads criticizing Bill’s roster building strategies might argue with this one :rolleyes:

James White just had a poor man's Roger Craig season. Also should have been a superbowl mvp once and has 3 total rings.

I'd weigh guys with 3 actual Superbowl rings a lot more than guys without. James White, Patrick Chung, Hightower, McCourty, Marcus Cannon, Shaq Mason, Edelman

With a few exceptions, this is pretty close to the 2017 team.

I'd make a case for Aquib Talib over Butler, but i guess rings matter more. Maybe Revis too.

Revis ? He was here for one year. This is not a "notable players who also wore a Pats uniform" kinda list.

At least with Talib there is like 1.5 years to look at but in the end Butler's entire arc as player here is as iconic as it gets for the Patriots in the 2010s. An absolute no-name UDFA, makes the biggest SB play of all time and follows it up with really good seasons in 2015 and 2016, has a contract dispute before 2017 and then as FA moves on because the team rather would pay younger, mor economical talent than him.

Lawrence Guy making this list alongside Wilfork is... interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back