PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots 2022 draft picks

Looks like we have been confirmed at pick 21 in the first round
Agree - Pats are locked in at 21; Cowboys have 24, Raiders have 22, and the loser of the Cards/Rams game will have 23 (would actually be Detroit if the Rams due to Stafford trade).

Patriots #21 draft pick history:
- 1967 John Charles, CB (first common AFL/NFL draft)
- 1976 Tim Fox, safety
- 2002 Daniel Graham, TE
- 2004 Vince Wilfork, NT
- 2006 Laurence Maroney, RB
- 2012 Chandler Jones, DE

Lots of really good players there, a few meh.

Pick 21 is not too bad , we should be able to get a pretty good player .............but who and at what position

We currently have the following picks: 1st (21), 2nd (54), 3rd (85) 4th and 6th. We aren't due any comp picks but could potentially get a comp third if Mayo gets hired as a HC somewhere.

I'm trapped between the need to find impact players in the draft and getting extra picks to fill the glaring holes on the roster by trading down.

Realistically, the viable picks will be in rounds 1-4. Would like to see a NT, OLB/DE, DB and WR1 with those picks.

davis is s beast!

He would solve so many interior defensive issues in our defense and give the linebackers freedom to roam sideline to sideline with limited blockers to shed!

Won't the chargers draft him ?

I think there are 1 or 2 mocks where Davis does fall as far as the 20's....but not many !

Pre combine, my top choices for the 1st round pick of the patriots.

nt - davis of Georgia. Absolute monster two down run stopper. Barmore and Davis make for the start of a scary good defensive line!

edge - hall of Houston. Capable of rushing the passer from inside or outside, more than capable of setting the edge in the running game.

cb - Gardner of cincy. Excellent press man corner. Not as stout in the running game as our typical corners and needs to prove his speed.

cb - elim of Florida. Great athlete. Capable in press man, cover man and zone. Great length, but can sink his hips. A little too handzy but bb can fix that.

wr olave of Ohio state. Great route runner. Good hands. Not much option route experience and needs to prove his speed.

lb lloyd of Utah. A weapon similar that can stop the run, cover, and rush the passer.
I would sign your list except Olave if we are looking at a guy who is really good in beating press man. Compare the separation yards between wilson and olave against press man.

I would add Dean and Tindall both LB out of georgia as well due to their speed and walker DE of georgia.
for cb McGreary
for nt Travis Jones

Won't the chargers draft him ?

Atlanta, chargers and Vikings are three teams that could use him the most. I would think there is better value for Atlanta and the vikings best on where they pick, but yes, Davis makes a lot of sense and good value for the chargers.

Atlanta, chargers and Vikings are three teams that could use him the most. I would think there is better value for Atlanta and the vikings best on where they pick, but yes, Davis makes a lot of sense and good value for the chargers.

I am also hearing value for ravens . So not sure if he will be available at 21. But Jameson from Alabama could be available to us. Even if it means we redshirt him for half a season , we should draft him if available. I don't want him to fall to chiefs or packers who will lap him up with open arms.

As for nose tackle we can get the NT from UConn in 3rd round .

Franchise tag JC and trade for 2nd and 4th and use that to add additional LB and cornerback .

Franchise tag JC and trade for 2nd and 4th and use that to add additional LB and cornerback .

I like this plan. Jackson has incredible ball skills and works best in zone. He is horrible in press man or cover man.

the bottom line is terrible drafting has left our roster old, slow and not athletic enough to excel.

Without adequate cap space, we have to draft better. And we may need to sell off an asset or two to get more draft picks!

I want Darryl Stingley's grandson

I like this plan. Jackson has incredible ball skills and works best in zone. He is horrible in press man or cover man.

the bottom line is terrible drafting has left our roster old, slow and not athletic enough to excel.

Without adequate cap space, we have to draft better. And we may need to sell off an asset or two to get more draft picks!

Didn't JC have a better passer rating against (lower) in manD than Ramsey ?

21, 54, & 85 are locked in, the rest will be pushed back once the comp picks are announced.

The Pats will flip flop with the Raiders for the 21,22 picks in each round, with the Pats getting 21 in the even rounds, and 22 in the odd rounds.

Pre combine, my top choices for the 1st round pick of the patriots.

nt - davis of Georgia. Absolute monster two down run stopper. Barmore and Davis make for the start of a scary good defensive line!

edge - hall of Houston. Capable of rushing the passer from inside or outside, more than capable of setting the edge in the running game.

cb - Gardner of cincy. Excellent press man corner. Not as stout in the running game as our typical corners and needs to prove his speed.

cb - elim of Florida. Great athlete. Capable in press man, cover man and zone. Great length, but can sink his hips. A little too handzy but bb can fix that.

wr olave of Ohio state. Great route runner. Good hands. Not much option route experience and needs to prove his speed.

lb lloyd of Utah. A weapon similar that can stop the run, cover, and rush the passer.
The thing about Elam is if he fails at CB, for some of the reasons you mentioned, he would make a pretty good FS.
I also like your list. Devin Lloyd would be my first choice. He's just so good and versitile. Him and McGrone (heat seeking missile at times) would make a decent young LB combo.

As far as JC Jackson is concerned we can afford to franchise him for a year, no?

We also get J. Jones back. He can cover slot and someone like McKenzie, who killed Bryant every chance he had.

We currently have the following picks: 1st (21), 2nd (54), 3rd (85) 4th and 6th. We aren't due any comp picks but could potentially get a comp third if Mayo gets hired as a HC somewhere.

I'm trapped between the need to find impact players in the draft and getting extra picks to fill the glaring holes on the roster by trading down.
I’d hate for them to trade down. Considering their draft record, let’s just grab a good player at 21 and 54. How about DT Jordan Davis at 21 and WR John Metchie at 54.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back