PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PatJew Where Are You - The PatJew Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still seems a bit weird. I could totally see that reaction if I wrote something like that and it was deleted on its own. But if I wrote something, even long and passionate, that was part of a controversial thread and the entire thread got nuked and I wasn't personally being targeted, I think quitting the board is an overreaction. But of course everyone has to decide their breaking point for themselves.

What thread was that, and what was the gist of PJ's post? For those of us who have been off the forums recently.

What thread was that, and what was the gist of PJ's post? For those of us who have been off the forums recently.

Quoting @Ice_Ice_Brady .

I’ll give you a synopsis from memory.

A Saints thread already existed on the first page with something like “Love you Pats, From Saints” or something, created by Pherein2. Then that day, the Saints scandal hit some mainstream national sites like PFT.

Roboturner (horrible Saints fan) posted in the thread something like this: The Saints are going to get screwed by the NFL again. Poor us, being persecuted by Roger Goodell. I guarantee this is Bountygate 2.0. By the way, here is the story: the Saints have done nothing wrong here and, though they were stupid to choose to help with this scandal, they have nothing to hide with their emails and shouldn’t have to turn them over. The emails are all just friendly advice for how to deal with scandal. This isn’t fair and everyone is going to hate us and it’s all the media fault and NFL’s fault.

PatJew responsed, to paraphrase, directly responding to Roboturner: It is beyond disgusting that you would come on here to defend the Saints for this. They purposely helped the church cover up/downplay the molestation of children and tried to protect the perpetrators. How can you come on here to defend the Saints and say nothing of the horrific things that were done? You are pathetic. This was evil, and your first reaction is to act like you and the poor Saints are the victims.

Pj’s post was much more eloquent and comprehensive than that, but that’s the gist of it. At the same time, there was more context to the Saints scandal. IcyPat had shut down a thread earlier the same day because it was so clearly going to become political/ religious. So my understanding is he noticed this thread was now also starting to derail into debating the scandal, so he deleted everyone’s comments (4-5 people) so the thread now ended with harmless banter from the day before. Then a little while later Pj created that post about his being deleted and leaving.

I hope he comes back, but maybe he just needs a break and has something going on in his non-cyber life right now. Seems many have reached out to him and IcyPat apologized for deleting his post. I don’t think anyone was trying to silence or disregard his opinion. His post deletion was just collateral damage.

@Tottie, here's why your original post was obnoxious, IMHO.

Calling someone "dramatic" is OK inside established, healthy relationships (like the ones PatJew encourages, BTW). Because you are relatively new here, and haven't established license to tease, you haven't earned the right to do that stuff.

Outside of established relationships, "dramatic" is often used to say that someone is manipulating people by pretending to have an emotional need that's not legitimate, in order to get undeserved attention and/or influence. It is also used to bully people with false masculinity, by inferring they are feminine, as if that's an insult and to establish a hierarchy.

In all of that, it screams insecurity and neediness, which ironically is exactly what it accuses the other of having.

Thx. Spell check was fun with all the yiddish words, all scrunched up on my iPhone.
צי איר טראַכטן PatJew קען זיין ווארטן צו זען ווי לאַנג דעם פאָדעם לאַסץ אויף די פאָרום 'ס הויפּט בלאַט איידער צוריקקומען?

That's not a d!ck in those pics ... it's an eggplant.

I don't know man, if you say so. I gave it the benefit of a doubt, realizing you might be an expert on the subject and TBH I never really look at those pics. Against my better judgement I decided to check it out. Unfortunately the zoom on my laptop only goes to 500%, so it was still too small to make it out

Last edited:
This is a weird thread.

Something just came to me while washing the dog with a medicated shampoo.

The last sentence below is a tell, if not a full-on cry for help. fnord is in fact PatJew's alter ego, the voice of his dark side, given an outlet that allows him to continue to be the civil, thoughtful guy that he is.

I call on every poster who has done this - create a good cop/bad cop duality to come forth and admit who your alter ego is. There's no shame in this.

It's fascinating to me how what looks to me like friends having their friends back in the face of you saying PatJew was just fishing for attention is being cast by you as 'condescending emotional gibberish'.

Normally I can't roll my eyes hard enough when join dates are invoked but in this instance I think your join date means you lack a ton of context. Patjew has, year in and year out, been one of the posters least likely to cause a scene. I think quitting the board of having his posts deleted was an emotional response and I hope he reconsiders but take it from me - the biggest attention whore on this board - Patjew wasn't looking for attention.

Something just came to me while washing the dog with a medicated shampoo.

The last sentence below is a tell, if not a full-on cry for help. fnord is in fact PatJew's alter ego, the voice of his dark side, given an outlet that allows him to continue to be the civil, thoughtful guy that he is.

I call on every poster who has done this - create a good cop/bad cop duality to come forth and admit who your alter ego is. There's no shame in this.
I'm ashamed to admit, my alter-ego is Ring 6/AJ.

SignbabyBrady. he’s betterthanthealternative adultintheroom.

Patjew is a good poster.

Any update on when he will start posting again?

Patjew is a good poster.

Any update on when he will start posting again?
I heard he's waiting for this thread to get >69 pages before he makes his return, so we've gotta a ways to go.

? The idea is that the alter ego is your opposite.
You said: "I call on every poster who has done this - create a good cop/bad cop duality to come forth and admit who your alter ego is. There's no shame in this."

I'm ashamed. Do you realize the consequences of being his opposite? :rolleyes:

right!! a reporter from the IndyStar...I knew I'd seen that country cornpone, turnip truck escapee somewhere...

I always suspected that the IndyStar only hired third graders!

I heard he's waiting for this thread to get >69 pages before he makes his return, so we've gotta a ways to go.

What's he going to do? Go to another forum and learn a new system, new moderators, a new owner and develop a new fan base?

Naw, I think he likes it here and is working on a multi post deal with Ian behind the scenes. Probably has a no deletion clause in it.

I'll admit though that @Patjew was a little whinier this season than in the past but it was a tough season with a lot of ups and ......

Hey wait a minute...

Is Brady Jewish??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back