PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Path cleared for Jimmy's return? [SF trades for #3 pick]

The problem is why would the Jags be willing to trade him for a 4th?
Why'd they sign Beathard then, though? I think they've already decided they're going to trade him and are just waiting for the best offer. Maybe they want a 3rd. Hopefully Bill and Urban can work something out.

yeah sure and now compare the team JG has had and the team GM has had, the numbers from GM look pretty impresive if you consider under what circumstances he has had to play, you have to put the numbers into perspective, not saying he is the saviour but neither is J-IR-mmy G
No they don’t.

If the Jets keep that pick and don't take a QB, their entire front office should be fired immediately. Sure, he's a great tackle - in a class deep with tackles, but that pick is worth GOLD right now. If they're done with Darnold and want Wilson, sure, but if not, they trade the hell out of there.
They have to have a trade partner. SF/Miami just set the minimum the jete could accept without being embarrassed. And that is what matters most to the Jets.
What team would be willing to pay more than Sf? We are the most qb needy team in the NFL and fans here think it would be stupid to make the trade the 9ers did.

There was a report on WEEI that the team wasn't happy when he had to back out of the Buffalo game.

But that was 5 seasons ago and he's been to a SB since. Bring him in and draft the heir to Brady this year.

Yeah, but the seasons that bookend that Super Bowl season he missed a majority of each season on IR. I think that is bigger than bringing the 49ers to the Super Bowl that other season.

Why'd they sign Beathard then, though? I think they've already decided they're going to trade him and are just waiting for the best offer. Maybe they want a 3rd. Hopefully Bill and Urban can work something out.
Dumping one crappy qb for another doesn’t get us anywhere
Beathard is qb3 competition.

If Mac Jones actually does go 3rd overall (which is kind of wild), then my theory of Trey Lance being the 5th QB off the board could come to fruition.

Who knows, maybe I could even get Ring 6 and mgteich to apologize for clowning me for that too! (Maybe I shouldn’t hold my breath...) :excited:

If Mac Jones actually does go 3rd overall (which is kind of wild), then my theory of Trey Lance being the 5th QB off the board could come to fruition.

Who knows, maybe I could even get Ring 6 and mgteich to apologize for clowning me for that too! (Maybe I shouldn’t hold my breath...) :excited:
The thing I don't get is nobody knows who Bill likes at QB. Sh*t for all we know, he likes Shane Buechele and he picks him in round #6. The rest is just wishful thinking by forum posters.

I can't wait for the draft. It's going to be funny AF seeing heads explode. I'm getting mentally ready for Bill not to pick a QB until day 3.

It’s like a tennis match, but with posturing to the media

Last edited:
Just curious why everyone says Jones is a low ceiling guy? He had a historic season last year. He is supposed to be a very smart football mind, who works really hard studying the playbook and the opposing team. All I get is he played for a great team, isn't a running qb, and doesn't have an amazing cannon for an arm.

It’s like a tennis match, but with posturing to the media

Yea, like I said, the JimmyG trade rumors won't die until November 4th.

#49ers John Lynch on Garoppolo: "The message was what we were doing, why we were doing it and why he very much is still part of our plans. Those conversations should remain private. But Jimmy likes competition."

53ng0g.gif

Geez I remember people saying 15 is too early to take Jones now looks very unlikely he’ll be there and may go 3rd!

100 percent we aren’t super interested in him kills interest it’s like pretending you’re not interested in something and the sales person starts throwing cheap prices at you it’s how I left with a fricking Equinox 10 years ago when I wanted a CRV. Guy was a total tool but 6 months of no payments and 5 grand off the sticker price damn I still hate that guy. Really wanted the CRV.

Our move/bluff should be to trade up to 7 for a marque WR/TE player! Basically saying 1 is of the table

I find it hard to believe that a team would trade away three first round picks because there are three guys they like but aren't sure who they really want to pick. Any GM with a brain doesn't trade away that much unless you are in love with a guy and are convinced that he will be the franchise for the next decade and a half to two decades. Granted many GMs who do these aggressive trade ups because they absolutely love someone are completely wrong and end their careers over it. But you don't mortgage your future without a gameplan of who you exactly want.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back