PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Path cleared for Jimmy's return? [SF trades for #3 pick]

Eagles should have traded 6 a 3 and a 1 to Miami themselves. They need a QBs worse.

If the Pats truly believe Jimmy G makes them a legit AFC championship contender, then you find a way to make this deal even if involves a decent (like 3rd round) pick this year and their number 1 pick next year.

Idk if I would like to give up a second for him. Not feel great about that. Would have to take a paycut in my Eyes. Not worth the money.
Has to take a pay cut to fit under the cap.

If the Pats truly believe Jimmy G makes them a legit AFC championship contender, then you find a way to make this deal even if involves a decent (like 3rd round) pick this year and their number 1 pick next year.
That’s too much value I’d draft Mills or Mond in the second. Based on how this draft is shaking out I’m going to watch a lot more Mills and Mond film

Has to take a pay cut to fit under the cap.
Yep but also to fit his value. I mean even if we would have the cap room i would not give Him that. Availability is not there enough for him. Incentives would be my way if he stays healthy then pay him more.

Jimmy g for our third com pick and then select mills in the late second third. This would be nice. Jimmy and Newton with a Stidham not so much

That’s too much value I’d draft Mills or Mond in the second. Based on how this draft is shaking out I’m going to watch a lot more Mills and Mond film
I don’t get the concern with “value” when it comes to the QB position. The Pats have already done a nice job of rebuilding the roster. If they believe in Jimmy then screw the value.

How does that help him? If he is staying it’s because he is playing so why would he destroy the locker room of the team he is starting for?
Wouldn’t it make more sense to be a man okay you’re me heart out and cash in next year?
What world do you live in? Not everything is la-di-da in a locker room of 53 ultra competitive men. 49ers are basically telling Jimmy G by moving up to 3 they don’t believe in him. Unlikely he’s happy about it. Bledsoe wasn’t happy about being benched here. Publicly he said all the right things. Privately he wouldn’t speak to Belichick and *****ed to other players about being benched. People are human.

I don’t get the concern with “value” when it comes to the QB position. The Pats have already done a nice job of rebuilding the roster. If they believe in Jimmy then screw the value.
I think BB likes jimmy a lot but you gotta look at the Availability here. You can't pay that much for him. The 49ers have a good Team rn same as we do and BB is most certainly in a win Modus and doesn't want to wait. The 49ers payed three firsts to get a qb i am assuming. Thats how much they want to move on. If they would think jimmy is the go to guy then they would not do that. I believe he can be good here most certainly an Upgrade over other but he is Not more than a bridge qb for me.

I am somewhat looking at it that way too. I'm willing to overpay some just due to the need and the fact that the roster is pretty well-stocked. They have 11 picks this year but (by my estimation) around 45 guys who are locks or very likely to make the 53 - I don't think they're gonna find 11 players this year that will have a shot to make the team.

Send a '22 first to SF for Garoppolo. I feel like being able to contend right away is worth the ~#28-32 pick next year.

You saw Stafford go for multiple firsts. You just saw a team trade 2 firsts and a third to swap positions in the first this year to get a QB. In what works are some of these trade scenarios realistic lol

I think BB likes jimmy a lot but you gotta look at the Availability here. You can't pay that much for him. The 49ers have a good Team rn same as we do and BB is most certainly in a win Modus and doesn't want to wait. The 49ers payed three firsts to get a qb i am assuming. Thats how much they want to move on. If they would think jimmy is the go to guy then they would not do that. I believe he can be good here most certainly an Upgrade over other but he is Not more than a bridge qb for me.
I get that the 49eRs don’t believe in Jimmy G. This trade never happens if they do. It’s all about how much BB likes him. If trading for him and putting him on this team means BB thinks it makes the 2021 Pats a legit playoff contender, and a team that can compete in the playoffs, then you can easily pay that much for him.

You saw Stafford go for multiple firsts. You just saw a team trade 2 firsts and a third to swap positions in the first this year to get a QB. In what works are some of these trade scenarios realistic lol
Stafford didn't go for multiple firsts

Goff's contract went for multiple firsts.

Stafford was for the 3rd or 4th.

I get that the 49eRs don’t believe in Jimmy G. This trade never happens if they do. It’s all about how much BB likes him. If trading for him and putting him on this team means BB thinks it makes the 2021 Pats a legit playoff contender, and a team that can compete in the playoffs, then you can easily pay that much for him.
It does probably make us a PO contender but I think we any way have a legit shot at the PO with avg qb play. I don't see jimmy as the QBOTF and if 49ers want to trade him then only bg they don't want his cap hit. But they could easy see him a vet who plays in first year of the rookie while he learns. I doubt that a bit after the aggressiveness.

If all these QB's go ahead of us in the first, they should take the BPA then trade up in the second afterwards for Davis Mills. The kid has all the size (6'4" 225) and skill you want, he threw at the Stanford pro day in the pouring rain and scouts said he was money. I like a kid who can play in the elements, he's moving up the board for me.

I'd take BPA at 15 or even trade back, then trade some later draft capital to make multiple picks at the bottom of the first/top of the second. They don't need that many players but need impact players, make the bottom of the first/top of the 2nd round their sweet spot.

If all these QB's go ahead of us in the first, they should take the BPA then trade up in the second afterwards for Davis Mills. The kid has all the size (6'4" 225) and skill you want, he threw at the Stanford pro day in the pouring rain and scouts said he was money. I like a kid who can play in the elements, he's moving up the board for me.

I'd take BPA at 15 or even trade back, then trade some later draft capital to make multiple picks at the bottom of the first/top of the second. They don't need that many players but need impact players, make the bottom of the first/top of the 2nd round their sweet spot.
Agree however your comment about the elements I agree but I remember Belichick drafted Dobson because his pro day was windy and rainy and he caught everything and They mentioned that rohrhawser kicked at a windy Rainy pro day so it just makes me nervous to hear.
LOL but I love Mills ceiling

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back