PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Path cleared for Jimmy's return? [SF trades for #3 pick]

We should start a rumour that has us taking Arron Rodgers for 2 first rounders.

Ughh
Agree however your comment about the elements I agree but I remember Belichick drafted Dobson because his pro day was windy and rainy and he caught everything and They mentioned that rohrhawser kicked at a windy Rainy pro day so it just makes me nervous to hear.
LOL but I love Mills ceiling
I’m going to watch all the Mills Mond film I can find.

It's a done deal IMO........we just aren't privy to the deets.
Me thinks Bill is trying to squeeze a cheepo extension out of JG while SF strings JG along to make him and Yee antsy to secure a contract elsewhere.
And when the dust settles, Bill drafts a 1st round core piece and gets a legit QB costing no more than a 2nd rounder (typically devoted to slow DB busts)

To sweeten the deal SF will throw in.......

1616805380241.png

I guess these "Jimmy G is coming to Patriots" rumors won't die until Belichick retires or Jimmy is out of the NFL, whichever comes first. Maybe not even then, lmao.

Andrew "I'm not coming back" Luck is still in play. Thankfully.

Andrew "I'm not coming back" Luck is still in play. Thankfully.
Maybe Peyton wants to win a ring with Bill to piss off Tom lol.
For real though unless New England moves up to 5 before the draft Lance or Fields is not walking thru the door.
So we are in Jimmy G, Darnold, Minshew, Mariota, Love, Lock, Mills, Mond, or stay Pat with Cam or Stidham territory. I think that covers it all.

Who’s your QB pick?

Fields then Lance then Jones

But, I think the QBs taken are:

Jags - Lawrence
Jets - Wilson
Niners - Fields
Panthers - Lance

So, Patriots need to trade up before Panthers... IMO

My gut feel is Patriots will NOT draft a QB in 1st round.

Fields then Lance then Jones

But, I think the QBs taken are:

Jags - Lawrence
Jets - Wilson
Niners - Fields
Panthers - Lance

So, Patriots need to trade up before Panthers... IMO

My gut feel is Patriots will NOT draft a QB in 1st round.
You don’t like Mills in the second or later half of the first round?

Jimmy was one injury to his stud starting center away from winning a Super Bowl. Weston Richburg got hurt before the playoffs which allowed Chris Jones to pressure him in the pocket. Health provided the Pats are a super bowl contender again if they get Jimmy.

I could also say that Jimmy was multiple good decisions, which he didn't make, away from winning the super bowl.

Jimmy is not the answer imo.

I could also say that Jimmy was multiple good decisions, which he didn't make, away from winning the super bowl.

Jimmy is not the answer imo.
If he becomes a free agent and can be had cheap they could do worse, I'd sign him on an incentive laden deal and draft a QB. Then cut Cam...

What world do you live in? Not everything is la-di-da in a locker room of 53 ultra competitive men. 49ers are basically telling Jimmy G by moving up to 3 they don’t believe in him. Unlikely he’s happy about it. Bledsoe wasn’t happy about being benched here. Publicly he said all the right things. Privately he wouldn’t speak to Belichick and *****ed to other players about being benched. People are human.
The argument was he would purposely destroy the Locker room as leverage to get traded. In this scenario he is starting btw.

If Shanahan and Lynch are so confident in their recent extensions, then they should draft their QB at #3, trade Jimmy when it's going to happen anyway and just play the rookie now. This isn't the 90's where the rookie has to sit for a year as defenses don't play like they did back then.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see the Pats try and trade for a lot of high draft capital in the 2022 draft and hope to find the long term QB that way.

Ughh

I’m going to watch all the Mills Mond film I can find.

mills does not have much tape, but what he has is pretty impressive!

as for mond, get ready for a ride on the bipolar express as mond is the definition of inconsistency

Pats are pretty far from being able to afford JG, no?

So this explains your **** attitude. You have no clue what it's like to root for a bad team. You've been spoiled by the greatest coach in the history of the league. The guy who chose the 6th round draft pick over the first overall pick franchise qb. And I know your balls were still dropping back then, but it was actually a big debate whether or not to bench Brady when Bledsoe returned. The boomer versions of you (Belichick bashers) were licking their lips ready to tear him apart for choosing the young guy.

Also, when you were jizzing all over yourself during the Ravens win, you must have got some in your eyes to not notice that playoffs were still a possibility at that point. Perhaps the Brady tears mixed with the jizz made you blind to the fact that had they beaten the Texans, they'd be 7-4 after week 13 and a real shot at division or wc.

And obviously they lost to the Texans, but the scrub Newton only threw for 365 yards that game.

But yes, the team did go on to eventually miss the playoffs and it was a shell of a team by the final game but the GOAT coach still showed the team there is no giving up.
Rather than the loser mentality of having professional athletes throw games so they can hope for a QB, he had them play until the end.

Reasons like that are why he's a winner and the GOAT, and why you're just some Bradystan who clearly doesn't know his ass from his elbow when it comes to football.

I like your post because you're giving Kontra some shyt, and agree with you for the most part but Kontra is clearly not a "Bradystan" type and is one of the best football minds on the forum.

Pats are pretty far from being able to afford JG, no?
You mean from a cap perspective? The first issue that he’s taking home $24m this year, which apparently no team wants to pay. But even if the Pats did, they could renegotiate a deal that would fit easily under this year’s cap if they wanted to. They can’t fit him as is though.

You mean from a cap perspective? The first issue that he’s taking home $24m this year, which apparently no team wants to pay. But even if the Pats did, they could renegotiate a deal that would fit easily under this year’s cap if they wanted to. They can’t fit him as is though.
They could extend him and Push money back.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back