PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Passing Game - Dorsett and Hogan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the issue is that they don’t seem to have anyone who’s terribly capable of catching any of those passes, do they?
Hope we play teams who have bad run D and then pound the rock? Or no?

Well, the issue is that they don’t seem to have anyone who’s terribly capable of catching any of those passes, do they?
if they put 9 in the box just throw to the open man.

Throw to score and run to win? Or no?

if they put 9 in the box just throw to the open man.

Throw to score and run to win? Or no?
I feel like I’m having a conversation with myself “Gollum style” from Lord of the Rings, but yeah—run that sh!t and throw when you can’t run. ;)

By this logic if Brady had thrown for 400+ yards to eight different receivers, then we should have a thread lamenting the run game being substandard, dooming the team in January.

The Patriots just rushed for 273 yards, 5.8 yards per carry.

My question is why they bothered to pass the ball 25 times?

There was no need to throw the ball downfield; therefore no need for Dorsett or Hogan.

Hogan: 66% catch rate .. 16.1 ypc .. 3 TDs
Patterson: 77% catch rate .. 12.2 ypc .. 3 TDs
Dorsett: 84% catch rate .. 9.5 ypc .. 2 TDs

Collectively: 76/102 .. 968 yards .. 8 TDs

"Incapable"? Or simply not being used? Honestly, those three may comprise the most productive "2nd-tier target group" the Pats have had in a while.

"First tier" target group:
- White: 71% catch rate .. 699 yards .. 8.6 ypc .. 6 TDs*
- Edelman: 69% catch rate .. 711 yards .. 11.3 ypc .. 4 TDs
- Gronk: 67% catch rate .. 658 yards .. 14.6 ypc .. 3 TDs
- Gordon: 59% catch rate .. 720 yards .. 18.0 ypc .. 3 TDs

*(stats don't include the Bills game yet)

Team plays other team that has a suspect run defense, tears them apart on the ground and fans overreact to the lack of passing production.

Team plays other team that has a suspect pass defense, tears them apart through the air and fans overreact to the lack of rushing production.

It is almost like there is a theme.

Team plays other team that has a suspect run defense, tears them apart on the ground and fans overreact to the lack of passing production.

Team plays other team that has a suspect pass defense, tears them apart through the air and fans overreact to the lack of rushing production.

NE wins game by a landslide
TB passes for 400+ yards/ 4TDs, 0INTs
NE rushes for 150+ yards
ST dominates

...but BB isn’t wearing a sleeveless hoodie this week?!?!? :mad:

Some posters here:
“IDK...Something’s just OFF with this team...”

Last edited:

That's what this place does. Everything warrants a visceral reaction.

It's reasonable to have some concerns over the passing game but yesterday was a clear example of Bill protecting Gronk, Tom and White and seeing if his team could impose it's will .

It accomplished all those things and fans crap on it. So annoying

It should also be noted that, going into Sunday's game, the Bills' pass defense was:
... #1 in the NFL in fewest passing yards allowed
... #10 in fewest passing TDs allowed
... #12 in most interceptions

Basically, the Pats offense hammered the Bills defense at their weakest point (47 rushes), and mostly stayed away from testing their strength (24 pass attempts).

Basically, the Pats offense hammered the Bills defense at their weakest point (47 rushes), and mostly stayed away from testing their strength (24 pass attempts).

I suppose those facts are just way too convenient for our average fan. They much rather have the juicy stories. Living and breathing controversy.

That's what this place does. Everything warrants a visceral reaction.

It's reasonable to have some concerns over the passing game but yesterday was a clear example of Bill protecting Gronk, Tom and White and seeing if his team could impose it's will .

It accomplished all those things and fans crap on it. So annoying

If the team doesn't win by at least 3 scores, many on here consider it a failure.

I think some enjoy it when the team loses...

If the team doesn't win by at least 3 scores, many on here consider it a failure.

I think some enjoy it when the team loses...
Not sure they enjoy it but are accustomed to an experience and they take it for granted

It's like heat, electricity or high speed internet. When it isn't instantaneous or performing normally 99.999%, people *****.

IOW- they are entitled, spoiled babies who have no clue how hard winning football games is let alone winning at the absurd clip this team has over the last 18 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
Back