PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Palmer on Stidham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do most fans want Stidham to be bad so much?
All we’ve been hearing is positive things.

That's not true. Furthermore, people have seen him play.

Why does this stuff get dismissed by the Stidham jock sniffers?

I just got a disagree on this post? There's nothing to disagree about in my post. Not all that we've heard about Stidham has been positive. That's literally true. People have seen him play. That's literally true.

Some of y'all are just determined to clown yourselves.

Last edited:
Based on what?

The man has had 4 career passing attempts...surely you must know that's enough evidence right there...

42707fcfab07a5243c58174c356f4963.png

It’s hillarious that you all took me seriously. Lmao! Everyone knows I hate all politics

This is Tom Brady's first year's stats per profootball reference

1 for 3 for 6 yards

So for the smarmy among you how want to continue to try and show everyone how smart you are by dumping on anyone who my think its POSSIBLE that Jared Stidham MIGHT turn into a very good NFL QB down the road, please show me your quotes about your opinions of Tom Brady following the 2000 season. :rolleyes:

But here's what I DO know. I find it encouraging that Palmer thinks Stidham has the intelligence and talent to BE a starting NFL QB. Of COURSE he is is more likely to say something good about a guy he is working with, so it all SHOULD be taken with a grain of salt.

But I liked what I saw from Stidham in preseason. I liked it as much as what I saw from Jimmy G in his first season, Nothing earth shattering from ANY of them that first year. What I do find promising from Palmer's discussion was the incremental improvement in all aspects of Stidham's game.

Here's the thing guys. None of us have any idea about how good or bad Jared Stidham is going to be as an NFL QB. No one knew Brady was going to be Brady in 2000, OR 2001, OR 2002 when it looked like the carriage had turned back into a pumpkin. It wasn't until Tom Brady's 4th season (3rd Starting) that we had a clue about the greatness of Brady, and it wasn't until 2004 that when he was just STARTING to be considered among the NFL's best QB's

It's a process, and one that is just starting for Stidham and will be YEARS in the making, assuming he gets a chance to start for a few years at some point. So anyone predicting greatness from Jared, or disaster from this sample of work completely ignores the lessons of history that Patriot fans SHOULD know and apply. NONE of us knows enough to make and intelligent prediction concerning Jared's future.

But that being said, its a lot more interesting point of discussion that the non-stop drivel over Brady's next gig. Thank GOD this great American nightmare is FINALLY going to come to an end over the next couple of weeks (We hope). At that point we will start to build a team again,

The man has had 4 career passing attempts...surely you must know that's enough evidence right there...

42707fcfab07a5243c58174c356f4963.png

He never threw a pass in the exhibition games, then?

Idiots like you lap up every Bern and Cornpop word as gospel.
I have no idea at all what this might mean, other than (1) once again you seem obsessed with corn pops cereal in the morning and (2) the notion of you calling someone else "idiot" is irony defined. I'd suggest you seek psychiatric help but don't know if it's available to someone on Obamacare. Hopefully dental coverage is included because a steady diet of that stuff will rot your teeth. (Maybe you like it also because it comes in an orange box ... Or is that yellow, like your liver?)

large_983b5024-3267-4240-8866-c4b19ef0b161.jpg

Last edited:
I watched Stidham play at Auburn and not once did I think he was going to be a NFL QB, let alone a good one.

I would be shocked if he didn't suck.

I watched Stidham play at Auburn and not once did I think he was going to be a NFL QB, let alone a good one.

I would be shocked if he didn't suck.
I'll bet you shock easily but never admit it. ;)

Wow it's a shame that people are rooting for Stidham to fail

People saying he is no good and is trash is wishing him to be bad with all the negative energy.

Ok, so you're just doing a crappy job of trolling.

I don't see how that is Trolling but my Wife will tell you I can be oblivious to my own behavior and selfish ways.

You don't see how lying in order to get attention is trolling? Ok.

The general belief is Stidham was destined to be a rd 1 talent before his transfer which left him on a poorly run offense. If the Pats offense is tailored to his strengths, maybe the kid has a shot of being good....

Or hes the next Ryan Mallet/ O'Connell.

Based on his physical makeup, his mental makeup, and his performance to-date.
What, doing better in every category then JAG did his first year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back