PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Packers releasing Jordy Nelson EDIT: Joins Raiders

Status
Not open for further replies.
But he has hands :D

aqib-talib-michael-crabtree.jpg

Lots of heart, not much of a brain... at least Talib has a helmet..

For what role though ? We need a slot guy as insurance for Edelman being a Ghost of himself and not another player in the mold of Britt/MM/Hogan..

I just fail to see the place on the roster for Nelson given who we already have.

Everyone always claims the big upside if there is something still left in those big name players that get released each offseason but there rarely is.

I suppose that I’m still leery about any of Britt, Dorsett, or even Mitchell at this point in time, and I also think that it’s possible that Cooks’ role may change ever so slightly to include a more well rounded version of a complete route tree, which is probably where I’d see Nelson too, at least on some level. Cooks played almost 1/4 there, last year. Chris Hogan should be able to play some reps from the slot, too. In other words, they’ll have to prepare for an Edelman backup in some capacity, whether that’s spreading out responsibilities, or bringing in someone that may sit on the PS for awhile via a later round or UDFA pick.

Wonder if Ol’ Jordy could make the transition to the slot and be productive a la Ol’ Larry...I know Ol’ Larry has been an iron man of sorts, and Ol’ Jordy has had a couple of significant injuries, but hey.....you never know.

Things that make you go hmmm....

Wonder if Ol’ Jordy could make the transition to the slot and be productive a la Ol’ Larry...I know Ol’ Larry has been an iron man of sorts, and Ol’ Jordy has had a couple of significant injuries, but hey.....you never know.

Things that make you go hmmm....

Limited exposure to Nelson but does he have any of the athletic traits necessary to be successful in the middle of the field ? He always looked like a classic boundry receiver to me.

Can't let the 49ers take everything, with Danny gone and our love for older players it makes sense for the pats to reach out to him.

Can't let the 49ers take everything, with Danny gone and our love for older players it makes sense for the pats to reach out to him.

Don't worry, we have Kenny Britt.... I'm sure Belichick knows what he's doing.... o_O

Yeah, he's not coming here.

Hunter renfrow is our future slot receiver so it’s cool

Didn't see this coming. Anyone knows if he due for a new contract?
Probably couldn’t afford him after paying Davonte Adams like he is a top 5 elite WR. Whether he is is or not is a different matter.

looks like he’s playing for Gruden

The Pats are probably hoping for a jump from Riley McCarron.

Don't be surprised to see him on the 53, along with Andrew Jelks and Ryan Lewis. They've got to develop in house.

Don't be surprised to see him on the 53, along with Andrew Jelks and Ryan Lewis. They've got to develop in house.

And don't forget Slam Bam Childress.:D

Lots of heart, not much of a brain... at least Talib has a helmet..

I'll always fondly remember Crabtree as the guy who Jim Harbaugh foolishly trusted to win him a championship for two straight seasons, first in the Super Bowl, then in the NFL title game. Crabtree fumbles away the ball on the 1 yard line trailing by 3 against Atlanta in the 4th quarter of the NFC title game. They go on to win and play Baltimore. Despite the fact that they ran the ball down the Ravens throats with Frank Gore and the best o-line in football to get to first and goal, 49ers threw the ball to Crabtree three times inside the ten, and he caught none of those passes. They ran fade to Crabtree with the season on the line and it failed. The next season, they played the Seahawks and ran a fade to him from about 25 yards out that Richard Sherman batted away to a linebacker for the game-sealing interception. Sherman very accurately stated that Crabtree was a "sorry receiver." Then Crabtree goes to Oakland, where he is most famous for being punked multiple times by Aqib Talib. The guy Harbaugh once said had the greatest hands in the history of football -- he said that -- has spent his career getting owned by vastly superior defensive backs.

Agreed. Between Antonio Garcia and Andrew Jelks I am hoping that there was something that Dante saw such that the Pats did not try to extend Solder before free agency. The Pats love to have Rookies wait 1 year, go through the off-season, and then blossom. I assume this is true for McCarron and Lewis.

Therefore I am all set with WRs and DBs/Safeties. I think we still need Front 7 defensive help - adding Suh on top of Shelton would solve a lot of issues. Draft LBs for 2019, a QB of course, a RB and a Chung replacement. We traded a 2019 3rd for Shelton, I assume the Pats already knew they were going to get a few 2019 3rds comp picks before we knew ;).

Help for Gronk would be nice on top of Suh, IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots