PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Skippy Might Start Stid - EDIT Carr Benched, Stidham will start

were the games from jones special?
No but Zappe hasn’t done a single thing that should get the team to bench Jones for Zappe right now like some people want. That would not be an upgrade and the offense would not be better with that move.

This summer in camp maybe that will happen.

No use arguing with the zappe crowd. It's all about the "eye test!" They'll find absurd ways to say a performance like last week from mac was bad. But then excuse zappes performance against the bears. And praise a 187 yard 1td performance against the Lions who at the time had the worst defense in the league.

It's annoying I have to do this because I generally like zappe. But this vendetta against Mac Jones and basically wanting him to fail(even when he does good) and maximizing every mistake and minimizing every good play because you are so attached to a backup you barely saw play has to be one of the strangest things in patriots fandom.
In that Lions game the offense was given 6 turnovers on downs and all Zappe could do with it is 1 TD pass. That’s not a performance that says Zappe is better than Mac so let’s make Zappe the starter for good.

Brady would have put up a 60 burger on a team that gives him an opportunity like that.

Zappe’s arm isn’t better than Mac’s. Stidham has a very strong arm but he’s weak in other aspects of the position.

I agree there will be a competition in camp. Bill will probably even bring in someone else
Stidham weak in other aspects? Perhaps “experience”?

I like how this thread is now silent.....

I like how this thread is now silent.....
Josh McD is a clown . Don’t disrespect the studdie(ham). He’s been given a horrible hand

This knee-jerk reaction to one good start from Stidham is a little ridiculous.
Since we are basing opinions on single game performances is he now the worst QB in the league?

Since we are basing opinions on single game performances is he now the worst QB in the league?
The poster you replied to is clueless. Lol

Where is that Stidham true-believer who was puffing out his chest last week and going full-on “Told you so, idiots!” while Stiddy was putting together the first impressive regular season performance of his career?

“Let’s not fit him for a jacket in Canton yet.”​

- The Tuna

- Patsgofor4​

"Knee-jerk reaction?" I don't think anyone here was saying that Stidham was the quarterback of the future. For myself, in what turned out to be his last season as a Patriot, I was just interested in what he could do as a starter in what was a meaningless contest. Cam played well, but it hardly changed the verdict on the state of his game. He hasn't done anything since and is out of the league.

You sure about that?

3DCE493B-968A-464A-919D-EE4030C02C2E.jpeg6DD38629-B0B7-4EB5-BDDE-0457882CF4FA.jpegFE8DF199-8010-49AA-857E-2E38E7ACC391.jpeg

Stidham truthers and Zappe truthers are the same.

I said it two years ago but the only reason people jumped on the Stidham train was because you had fans who couldn't cope with the idea that the team just wasn't that good and it wasn't all on the QB and desperately wanted to cling to the delusional belief that just fixing the QB would fix everything. So they gravitated towards the guy on the bench that they knew nothing about and just decided the coaches had to be wrong in their evaluation because the team wasn't winning and it had to be a dumb single player fix.

Same **** is happening with Zappe. It's even funnier too because at least Stidham does have a good arm. The people mad at Mac for his arm can't even show the credibility to acknowledge that Zappe's arm is the biggest weakness of the 3.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Back