PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Our Coordinators

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayNM

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I wanna raise this discussion for you guys. I wanna hear your thoughts on this , and as much as angry as I am with the outcome of the game, Ill try to answer to your bad different reasoning with a peaceful mind

Aight...

We CANT stay with ALL OF OUR COORDINATORS.
Like, outside of football. This is THE CRAZIEST, BIGGEST, MOST FLAGRANT red flags possible. A "cornerstone" of the previous legacy, ailed by the son-of-the-genius-boss. Man. This is a recipe for absolute disaster.

Lets start with McD:

We gotta a Extremely succesful, legacy-setting OC, WHO HAS STOPPED INNOVATING IN YEARS AND HAS CLEARLY FALLEN BEHIND THE CONCEPTS OF THE MODERN GAME, running EVERYTHING on Offense. We are in a McVay/Shannahan-style life on offense, we need to work in Trips WRs, we need to put a lot of people in motion, and we gotta design play to put the ball in our playmakers hands (whoever they are). The fluidity of options given by the EP system is awesome. Its also outdated, when you are facing 6 DBS, and 2 LBs who can cover the whole field, and there arent any spaces left in the medium zone, where the EP is optimal. WE NEED TO CHANGE. Im not even dwelling into play calling, and I will even end on a higher note for Josh: He should be working exclusively with Mac. Good ol' Qb coach, as in the good days. Let the offense look for new blood.

Now...

Steve Bellichick.

There is not a world where I think its okay for this guy to be our DC. If Mayo leaves and he is retained as our top guy, I will be FUMMING. I hate the new forum search*, so Im gonna avoid trying to repeat what I said previously: WHAT DOES HE BRING TO THE TABLE? What capacities has he earned, except by being part of the best well-oiled machine in pro-sports for 20 years, in maybe ever? Stop and think about it. Everything he learned was IN-HOUSE. Does that mean that he isnt qualified? Of course not. BUT HE GREW IN A SYSTEM RUNNED BY HIS ****ING FATHER. Even if we disregard the most obvious, blatant bias that exists in nature (the family-bond), He is a guy who knows exactly what to do to be "well-viewed". Thats the killer of nepotism, he knows, literraly, the annals of whats good and bad, in the eyes of his daddy. Man... I can stress this enough... Ive worked with companies that literally went out of business bc of this

There, this is my rant. Im ready for 2022 season babyyy

*Sorry @Ian , I can never find what i need (and i could on the previous format), although its literally my only problem with it.

Last edited:
Oh and the obvious first post goes to Cameron Archord.

Have you seen a worse Special team unit in any year, ever? I know I didnt. 'Nough said.

Edit - Ok, serious question since I know close to nothing on American Collegiate and NCAA. What The **** is "University of Southern Mississippi" and "Southwest Mississippi Community College" in the Football scenery and how does that translate to the NFL?

If we are keeping Belichick we need to bring in a offensive coach from the Shannahan, Mcvay, style of coaching.
We need that innovative offense.

Have you seen a worse Special team unit in any year, ever? I know I didnt. 'Nough said.
I think If Belichick stays he goes scorch earth.
I am not 100 percent Kraft wants him back.
Problem is who do you replace him with if that was even the case.

Good points

I would promote Mayo now, making clear-cut DC and promise him control of D, if we dont go outside there. To me, optimally, we bring on board Flores back. So there isnt a huge turmoil

I doubt Joe will be back as ST coach anywhere. But i know we have a Kicker Guru as a consultan (iirc), but in this case, I will honestly say that, of all the C's, this guy could continue... It was just a ****ing bad year....

On Offense, man, I think its time to trully to go outside. Seriously. Enough is enough, his problem arent getting better, we could argue they are getting worse, so its time to maybe look for external help

Steve Belichick isnt going anywhere but up.

Just a few years ago he was polishing footballs. Who is going demote Steve to a lesser position? SB gets on the job training on our dime.

Time to take our breaths and not make hasty decisions, but BB need to evaluate all the issues that will arise in the future because of the presences of his sons. For such a smart man, I can't believe he is letting this happen. Lets say he promotes Mayo over his son, what will happen? Or worse he promote his son over Mayo? This was not what I thought of BB. Still love the man but he needs to sort this **** out this off season.

Edit - Ok, serious question since I know close to nothing on American Collegiate and NCAA. What The **** is "University of Southern Mississippi" and "Southwest Mississippi Community College" in the Football scenery and how does that translate to the NFL?
Imagine coaching in the MLS and in 1 year being asked to Coach..mmmm.. Bayern Munich in the Champions league. Fudido.

When was the last time the Patriots brought in an outside guy with no experience in the system?

Imagine coaching in the MLS and in 1 year being asked to Coach..mmmm.. Bayern Munich in the Champions league. Fudido.
Imagine Coaching American football on college, then transfering to try to save a premier league team from relegation

Yep, but Id rather have Ted Lasso

TO PUTO IRMÃO :rofl:

I wanna raise this discussion for you guys. I wanna hear your thoughts on this , and as much as angry as I am with the outcome of the game, Ill try to answer to your bad different reasoning with a peaceful mind

Aight...

Like, outside of football. This is THE CRAZIEST, BIGGEST, MOST FLAGRANT red flags possible. A "cornerstone" of the previous legacy, ailed by the son-of-the-genius-boss. Man. This is a recipe for absolute disaster.

Lets start with McD:

We gotta a Extremely succesful, legacy-setting OC, WHO HAS STOPPED INNOVATING IN YEARS AND HAS CLEARLY FALLEN BEHIND THE CONCEPTS OF THE MODERN GAME, running EVERYTHING on Offense. We are in a McVay/Shannahan-style life on offense, we need to work in Trips WRs, we need to put a lot of people in motion, and we gotta design play to put the ball in our playmakers hands (whoever they are). The fluidity of options given by the EP system is awesome. Its also outdated, when you are facing 6 DBS, and 2 LBs who can cover the whole field, and there arent any spaces left in the medium zone, where the EP is optimal. WE NEED TO CHANGE. Im not even dwelling into play calling, and I will even end on a higher note for Josh: He should be working exclusively with Mac. Good ol' Qb coach, as in the good days. Let the offense look for new blood.

Now...

Steve Bellichick.

There is not a world where I think its okay for this guy to be our DC. If Mayo leaves and he is retained as our top guy, I will be FUMMING. I hate the new forum search*, so Im gonna avoid trying to repeat what I said previously: WHAT DOES HE BRING TO THE TABLE? What capacities has he earned, except by being part of the best well-oiled machine in pro-sports for 20 years, in maybe ever? Stop and think about it. Everything he learned was IN-HOUSE. Does that mean that he isnt qualified? Of course not. BUT HE GREW IN A SYSTEM RUNNED BY HIS ****ING FATHER. Even if we disregard the most obvious, blatant bias that exists in nature (the family-bond), He is a guy who knows exactly what to do to be "well-viewed". Thats the killer of nepotism, he knows, literraly, the annals of whats good and bad, in the eyes of his daddy. Man... I can stress this enough... Ive worked with companies that literally went out of business bc of this

*Sorry @Ian , I can never find what i need (and i could on the previous format), although its literally my only problem with it.
Have some patience with the offense. We had a rookie QB. He's going to go into his second season with much more command.

Have some patience with the offense. We had a rookie QB. He's going to go into his second season with much more command.
0 Problems with Mac, and even 0 problems with McD's handling of Mac. As stated in the OP, to me, we keep him there in exclusivity (i will never try to write the adverb of this again)

McDaniels is inconsistent I'll give you that!

If we are keeping Belichick we need to bring in a offensive coach from the Shannahan, Mcvay, style of coaching.
We need that innovative offense.
You mean that innovative offense like the Rams in the 2018 Super Bowl?

Or what about the innovative offense for the Rams this year?

Matt Stafford, Odell Beckham, Cooper Kupp, Von Miller, Aaron Donald, Jalen Ramsey, Van Jefferson, Andrew Whitworth, Leonard Floyd, and you can't even beat Jimmy Garoppolo's 49ers

0 Problems with Mac, and even 0 problems with McD's handling of Mac. As stated in the OP, to me, we keep him there in exclusivity (i will never try to write the adverb of this again)
Well, you can't roll out a total offense when the QB is just learning how to be a pro in the NFL. It's just not going to happen. And no one has done it since Dan Marino, not even Peyton Manning.

Aight...

Lets start with McD:

Now...

Steve Bellichick.

Great post.

You mean that innovative offense like the Rams in the 2018 Super Bowl?

Or what about the innovative offense for the Rams this year?

Matt Stafford, Odell Beckham, Cooper Kupp, Von Miller, Aaron Donald, Jalen Ramsey, Van Jefferson, Andrew Whitworth, Leonard Floyd, and you can't even beat Jimmy Garoppolo's 49ers
Let’s see who gives up 7 tds on 7 drives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes