PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Other week 12 NFL games

Status
Not open for further replies.
And OBJ took the Rams over us.

I guess he can always have a girl sh*t on him to make himself feel better.

It’s disgusting but to each their own.
just not in my house!!

If that is what he craves, then he really should have signed with one of the New York teams. Their female fans have tons of experience doing that to their men and children!

Three established, veteran QBs who have switched teams recently...showing it is in their DNA and not the system.

Brady - We all know the story there, so no need to get into it more.

Rivers - Looked like the exact same quarterback in Indianapolis, making bonehead decisions at the worst time, digging himself into defecits, and desperately trying to crawl back at the end only to come up short.

Stafford - Outlier record in Detroits for win/loss when playing winning teams and losing teams (record at end of the season.) And it looks like this year he'll be 1-4 against winning teams and 6-0 against losing teams. Today's game is a prime example of Stafford: plays horrendous in big games, largely contributes to the loss, and winds up with a good stat line only because the defense softens up with a big lead, or comes back and falls short as soon as it's do-or-die.

What the hell was Zimmer thinking on that decision to go for it on 4th and goal?

It's Stafford garbage time and perhaps a pick 6.

What the hell was Zimmer thinking on that decision to go for it on 4th and goal?
I can’t be the only one who wonders the same thing - weekly - about the decisions coaches are making. I really wonder why more quality coaches aren’t emerging. Seems like 2/3 of the league is being run by substandard coaches…

Zimmer just got a reprieve, with the 49ers missing that FG.

These top NFC teams have terrible defenses - this weekend, the Rams gave up 36 points, Packers 25 points, Cowboys 36 points, Bucs 31 points.

We need a nick folk appreciation thread after watching some of these FG misses.

Three established, veteran QBs who have switched teams recently...showing it is in their DNA and not the system.

Brady - We all know the story there, so no need to get into it more.

Rivers - Looked like the exact same quarterback in Indianapolis, making bonehead decisions at the worst time, digging himself into defecits, and desperately trying to crawl back at the end only to come up short.

Stafford - Outlier record in Detroits for win/loss when playing winning teams and losing teams (record at end of the season.) And it looks like this year he'll be 1-4 against winning teams and 6-0 against losing teams. Today's game is a prime example of Stafford: plays horrendous in big games, largely contributes to the loss, and winds up with a good stat line only because the defense softens up with a big lead, or comes back and falls short as soon as it's do-or-die.
And Goff but he doesn't play for an NFL team so that doesn't count. :D

Man, Vikes got screwed on that non call..game over...these refs are crooks

And, having now beaten the Vikings, the 49ers are legitimately back in the playoff hunt.

Cause McVey is not a good coach

The Rams have almost no chance to win the NFC West.

They’d need to win out (Jax, @Ari, Sea, @Minn, @Bal, SF). This is incredibly unlikely. They’ve lost 5 straight to SF and will probably be underdogs in 3 of those other games.

They’d also need to beat the Cardinals on the road, and the Cardinals would need to lose to the Seahawks, or lose two other games (@Chi, LaR, @Det, Ind, @Dal, Sea).

The Rams will be a wild card team.

The Rams have almost no chance to win the NFC West.

They’d need to win out (Jax, @Ari, Sea, @Minn, @Bal, SF). This is incredibly unlikely. They’ve lost 5 straight to SF and will probably be underdogs in 3 of those other games.

They’d also need to beat the Cardinals on the road, and the Cardinals would need to lose to the Seahawks, or lose two other games (@Chi, LaR, @Det, Ind, @Dal, Sea).

The Rams will be a wild card team.

At this point watch the Rams fall behind the 49ers

1. Aaron Rodgers really looks locked in more than any other QB right now. And with Green Bay's D, this team may be scary. But they are injured at WR.

2. Tom Brady is not the same since playing the Patriots. I was ridiculed for saying this several games ago but he's really really struggling, and his WRs just seem totally disinterested. It's clear he still has the arm as he zipped some passes today that showed he's still Tom Brady. I think it has to do with stubborn hard-headed Arians insisting on an aerial offense when other teams are clearly flooding the zone and giving Brady nothing.

3. As for the Bucs today, they were tied late but had the ball at the Colts 25, 2nd and 1 with 30 seconds left. They were running it to get in position for the game winning FG. The Colts had only one TO. Then Fournette broke a few tackles and ran it 25 yards for a TD, scoring with 21 seconds left. The Colts took the kick and broke it wide open, and only a shoestring tackle from behind at the Bucs 29 prevented a game tying TE. The Colts still had 14 second left on the clock, but then Wentz threw a pick. If the Colts had scored, you really have to wonder how Fournette didn't realize that he could have iced the game if he had gone down at the 2 (the Bucs had 2 TOs left). How is a player not aware? I know there are minimal chances that the opposition is going to score with 20 seconds left, but why risk a kick return at all. It always bit them in the butt.

4. Go Browns!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back