Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Will Tom and/or Gronk join the team for OTAs Today?

• both will attend

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • Tom yes Gronk no

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Tom no Gronk yes

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • no Tom no Gronk

Votes: 56 77.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
please do...

The weird thing is after Deflategate I was all in on Brady. Now it's becomming the reverse. How many other QBs are missing this time ? Probably very few. Sucks that JG didn't have one more year left on his contract, Brady wouldn't have one foot out the door like this if JG were there.
Hi.

If Jimmy Garappolo were still here Brady would be too. Tom Brady is showing who he really is and perhaps this is why Belichick had to put his foot down and throw the masseuse out off the sidelines. The diva attitude is not new but only now is the "public" seeing it.
How ya been?

Just a continuation of his modus operandi throughout the entire preseason. But I am sure some people will continue to pretend that nothing has changed with Brady over the last 12 months. Keep your fingers in your ears and pretend everything is exactly as usual guys.

Also lets stop the it is voluntary narrative. Either you are in or not. Butler got benched for a few days because he showed up late to OTAs. It clearly is important in the team building / team culture sense.
Oh man.

Team-building started weeks ago. He missed that. Team missed that. How significant was that? IDK, I never built an NFL team. But it used to be significant to him. And Id guess its significant to BB.

On field team-building started today. He never missed it before. That would suggest it is/was very significant to him. Id guess it is very significant to BB.

No other starting QB will reportedly miss it (as usually) . so Id guess it is very important to every team.

He will miss 10 OTA practices on the field. He will reportedly attend 3 OTA practices during minicamp portion (but remains to be seen in what capacity also re. BB). More importantly IMO . the new team incl. new players will miss that time with him. Since practices are so limited Id guess that is significant.

No doom and gloom (personally I have no worries even if Hoyer starts first game) . just trying to see things in perspective.
You had things in “perspective.”

I can't believe the people lining up to say that there is nothing to be gained by Brady attending the OTAs. Brady himself has constantly preached the importance of showing up and getting to know the guys, his receivers, and working on football chemistry.

Obviously, Brady and the team are losing an opportunity to get better. This is clear. Otherwise, why even have OTAs. You people re making excuses. It is really kind of sad.

I get why Brady doesn't want to show up, but the team is worse off having Brady stay away than show up.

All you folks defending this decision...>Do you think it is better for Brady to participate or not participate in OTAs?

The answer is obvious.
He looked terrible today with a less than optimal corps at WR. You were so right.

There was more stupid in this thread than I’m used to seeing out of this board. My brain will need about 24 hours to process everything. But I will bring this thread up every week. Trust me.

It's not as if everything went perfectly yesterday.

Nothing goes perfectly in any game in NFL history. Brady showed absolutely no signs of rust, however, which was the concern in this thread when people were worrying about him breaking in a new group of pass catchers. This thread was an embarrassment.

Nothing goes perfectly in any game in NFL history. Brady showed absolutely no signs of rust, however, which was the concern in this thread when people were worrying about him breaking in a new group of pass catchers. This thread was an embarrassment.

Brady's absence from OTAs clearly impacted his ability to be on the same page with Kenny Britt, Jordan Matthews, Devin Lucien and Braxton Berrios yesterday...

Meh. I think the outcome of the game/season and people's negative views of offseason Tom aren't mutually exclusive. He's still the GOAT and looks like he's still in his prime but he's still less "in" on the team in the offseason than he used to be. But the guy's 41 and I believe him when he says a 41 year old's offseason needs are much different than a 22 year old's. At his age it's more about mental fitness than it is about physical fitness and attending voluntary activities. His offseason behavior is "disappointing" but I also understand and appreciate that he knows what works best for him, while also understanding that some people might start to get worried that this shift in offseason readiness comes right after JG is traded.

I guess my point is, I don't know if many of the people up in arms about TB12 this offseason thought he would suck because of it

Brady's absence from OTAs clearly impacted his ability to be on the same page with Kenny Britt, Jordan Matthews, Devin Lucien and Braxton Berrios yesterday...

Should have kept JAG. He would have only thrown two interceptions with this team yesterday.

Meh. I think the outcome of the game/season and people's negative views of offseason Tom aren't mutually exclusive. He's still the GOAT and looks like he's still in his prime but he's still less "in" on the team in the offseason than he used to be. But the guy's 41 and I believe him when he says a 41 year old's offseason needs are much different than a 22 year old's. At his age it's more about mental fitness than it is about physical fitness and attending voluntary activities. His offseason behavior is "disappointing" but I also understand and appreciate that he knows what works best for him, while also understanding that some people might start to get worried that this shift in offseason readiness comes right after JG is traded.

I guess my point is, I don't know if many of the people up in arms about TB12 this offseason thought he would suck because of it

I don't ask this to be snarky (Yes, it's really true), but:

Have you actually read this thread?

If you haven't, you really should. It's gold.

I don't ask this to be snarky (Yes, it's really true), but:

Have you actually read this thread?

If you haven't, you really should. It's gold.
Nope because I generally just don't care about the offseason drama in and of itself but I was basing that post on the couple that Kontra quoted (which I assumed had to be the worst of the bunch)

Nope because I generally just don't care about the offseason drama in and of itself but I was basing that post on the couple that Kontra quoted (which I assumed had to be the worst of the bunch)

No, they were just the worst of the first 3-4 pages. It got much worse than that.

Should have kept JAG. He would have only thrown two interceptions with this team yesterday.
Well, just goes to show you that Brady is a selfish, whiny ***** by only throwing one pick. Spread the love, don't fear the cliff. The guy's weird. We need Edelman back to save his ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes