Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Will Tom and/or Gronk join the team for OTAs Today?

• both will attend

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • Tom yes Gronk no

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Tom no Gronk yes

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • no Tom no Gronk

Votes: 56 77.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Etling benefited from Brady's absence ...
I think that will prove extremely useful if it comes down to Hoyer or him in a roster squeeze.

From Grop & Brissett to Hoyer & Etling. Wow.

Etling benefited from Brady's absence ...
I think that will prove extremely useful if it comes down to Hoyer or him in a roster squeeze.
If the rookie Etling is able to beat out a veteran QB who started in September of last year, then God bless him. And while it obviously reeks of a developmental move aimed at the future, it also suggests that Hoyer wasn’t all that great to begin with, and that his knowledge of the system means little as a backup.

I think it’s much more likely that Etling starts on the PS, especially when you consider the fact that cutting Hoyer would cost the team about 600k, as well as the fact that they can match or exceed any offer that another team would make in attempting to claim Etling for their own PS. The only real way we could lose him would be if another team decides to put him on their active roster, and I doubt that’s going to be the case.

Just because Brady & Gronk will be at mandatory minicamp (which I believe most people here and the few (sane) local media members always felt would happen) and told the team "weeks ago" they would be at it doesn't magically make it a great idea for them to have skipped the voluntary stuff nor does it mean the team (and coaching staff) was hunky-dory with them skipping.

There is some truth to that.

BB tossed Guerrero off the sidelines as is his right

Brady & Gronk missed voluntary OTAs as is their right.

RK needs to step in and make them smooth it out, and I bet they will.

The Garappolites are alive and well...

Jimmy Garoppolo was the NFL's most efficient scoring QB in 2017

One quarterback for one drive? Bucky Brooks picks 49ers' Jimmy Garoppolo

https://nypost.com/2018/05/14/jimmy-garoppolo-gets-cozy-with-blonde-outside-bar/

the real reason jimmy is gone? he is so damned good looking, it makes brady feel like he looks like this
tom-brady-celtics-headband.jpg

Last edited:
The Brady, Guerrero, Edelman trio arrive at minicamp together ...

upload_2018-6-5_9-13-32.png

But what about Kenny Britt's career?????

crying-for-no-reason_0.jpg
It is, and Never has been, about "Kenny Britt's Career."

It is, and Always has been, about maximizing his - or anybody else's - ability to help the New England Patriots while he is under contract to them.

It is, and Never has been, about "Kenny Britt's Career."

It is, and Always has been, about maximizing his - or anybody else's - ability to help the New England Patriots while he is under contract to them.
That would be up to the coaching staff, no?

Brady deep to Britt appears to be the play of the day so far. I think he’ll manage to make up for lost time.

Tom Brady was first up in all team periods. Highlight reel throw of the day was a deep pass down the left sideline to Kenny Britt with Eric Rowe trailing in coverage.

Brady completed 21 of 25 passes in team drills, took the first reps in all but one period and threw his first pass of the day to Gronk in the walkthrough period. Brady completed 14 of 15 to close practice and the incompletion was a McCarron drop.

So can we now put the "OMG! Tom missed OTAs!" crap to bed?

That’s such a bizarre stat. When one kind of scoring is so much better than the other, why would anybody intentionally remove the distinction and lump them both into one group?

I'm just trying to be a good Garoppolite........

So that would mean that Belichick didn't punish Brady by refusing to give him any snaps? I'm shocked

6a00d8341e274553ef01a511a4922d970c-300wi

He punished Brady by forcing him to play with the #1 O on day 1 ;).

Not too surprising the usual media trolls are calling Brady out for not answering their inane questions.

I guess the new normal, I will reserve my harshest comments until the season starts and Brady acts like his receivers are not doing exactly what he wants on the field.
I guess Gronk is following whatever Brady does?
So strange, he acknowledged that they had a long way to go but can't show up this week? Whatever BB did to him must have been painful for Brady to become somebody else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes