Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Will Tom and/or Gronk join the team for OTAs Today?

• both will attend

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • Tom yes Gronk no

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Tom no Gronk yes

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • no Tom no Gronk

Votes: 56 77.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess the new normal, I will reserve my harshest comments until the season starts and Brady acts like his receivers are not doing exactly what he wants on the field.
I guess Gronk is following whatever Brady does?
So strange, he acknowledged that they had a long way to go but can't show up this week? Whatever BB did to him must have been painful for Brady to become somebody else.
So it's Belichick's fault that Brady has participated less?

I guess the new normal, I will reserve my harshest comments until the season starts and Brady acts like his receivers are not doing exactly what he wants on the field.
I guess Gronk is following whatever Brady does?
So strange, he acknowledged that they had a long way to go but can't show up this week? Whatever BB did to him must have been painful for Brady to become somebody else.
I guess you haven't read the reports from last week Brady was developing quite a raport with Dorsett & Mathhews

So it's Belichick's fault that Brady has participated less?
BB did something that crossed the line for Brady, it is either he said something so derogatory towards him regarding Alex Guerrero or Brady has been putting up a front for all these years and now he feels like he has nothing else to prove so this is going to be his last having fun season. I want to believe that former since it will be hard to act for over 17 years and then just change within the span of four months.
Do you subscribe to spending time with family narrative while throwing passes from yachts to boats while OTAs are going on?
If he thinks he is not getting enough credit and wants to let BB do it all by himself then the best way will be just to hang it up. That will really show BB.

BB did something that crossed the line for Brady, it is either he said something so derogatory towards him regarding Alex Guerrero or Brady has been putting up a front for all these years and now he feels like he has nothing else to prove so this is going to be his last having fun season. I want to believe that former since it will be hard to act for over 17 years and then just change within the span of four months.
Do you subscribe to spending time with family narrative while throwing passes from yachts to boats while OTAs are going on?
If he thinks he is not getting enough credit and wants to let BB do it all by himself then the best way will be just to hang it up. That will really show BB.
I subscribe to some vet treatment for Brady. I don't know why he chose this offseason to pull the card but I don't see any actions that show he has a problem with anyone there is zero evidence Brady has a problem other than a few missed voluntary practices and some lingering ideas about Guerrero from last October.

Brady and BB still took us to a SB last year despite the Guerrero spat. BB and Brady worked together just fine during mandatory mini camp until I have reason to think anything to the contrary moving forward then I assume everything is just fine and we will be right back in the conference title game competing for Superbowls.

Everything else is just the media spinning tires. Lots of smoke no traction.

Everything you say directly conflicts with the words and every other action of everyone involved.
Brady is slipping optional workouts because at age 41 that’s what is best for him and his family.
Intelligent grown up people do not do something they don’t really want to do in order to send cryptic messages to people they could sit down and talk face to face with.
If Brady felt OTAs were important he wouldn’t hurt his own chances to win by skipping them instead of walking into Belichicks office and telling him he has an issue. (Which he doesn’t which is why this stuff is so stupid)

Last edited by a moderator:
I subscribe to some vet treatment for Brady. I don't know why he chose this offseason to pull the card but I don't see any actions that show he has a problem with anyone there is zero evidence Brady has a problem other than a few missed voluntary practices and some lingering ideas about Guerrero from last October.

Brady and BB still took us to a SB last year despite the Guerrero spat. BB and Brady worked together just fine during mandatory mini camp until I have reason to think anything to the contrary moving forward then I assume everything is just fine and we will be right back in the conference title game competing for Superbowls.

Everything else is just the media spinning tires. Lots of smoke no traction.
And let’s be clear. The “Guerrero spat” is something speculated upon by people who are on the outside. There is no comment from anyone involved that there was a disagreement and issue over that.
Just the soap opera level unfounded speculation.

Who cares if it doesn't matter and they make up?

And let’s be clear. The “Guerrero spat” is something speculated upon by people who are on the outside. There is no comment from anyone involved that there was a disagreement and issue over that.
All I meant by Guerrero spat was his dismissal from locker room/weight room I did not mean to imply any ill will from Brady. In fact the opposite my point was they BB and TB worked together just fine post "Guerrero spat"

Everything you say directly conflicts with the words and every other action of everyone involved.
Brady is slipping optional workouts because at age 41 that’s what is best for him and his family.
Intelligent grown up people do not do something they don’t really want to do in order to send cryptic messages to people they could sit down and talk face to face with.
If Brady felt OTAs were important he wouldn’t hurt his own chances to win by skipping them instead of waking into Belichicks office and telling him he has an issue. (Which he doesn’t which is why this stuff is so stupid)
This is my point, for over 16 years he said BB believed they were important and he showed up to rally the troops. So you think his age is the issue? If he can't handle it anymore, why did he not let BB know of his plans a year ago? Or something has change? I leave you with this from Brady 5 years ago.
I understand you think we are stupid for thinking this is more than a 41 year old taking it easy and pacing himself. At this moment, I am waiting to see how BB counters and he will.
“He (Bill Belichick) talks about, you think it’s just an OTA in the spring time and it’s not that important and all those things that probably could enter your mind. The truth is, this lays the foundation for the start of training camp and if you have a good training camp, it usually means a good start to the season. A good start to the season leads to good position entering the second half of the season. Everything ends up having some significance to it. You’re not just out here running plays and going through different things that aren’t going to mean anything. We’re out here trying to get a lot of things accomplished. I think we have done that, but there’s still a lot of work to be done. It’s really never ending, especially when you play for Coach Belichick. Especially in practices when the offense goes against the defense, because if the offense makes a play then the defense sucked and if the defense makes a play then the offense sucked so someone is really going to get yelled at on every play. There’s always lowlights when we come in on the next day. Even if it was a great offensive play, he’s going to yell at someone on the defense. We’ve become a bit used to that now and that’s part of the learning process and also learning how to play for the Patriots and understand the criticism that you’re getting and hopefully use it constructively so you can improve as a player.”

This is my point, for over 16 years he said BB believed they were important and he showed up to rally the troops. So you think his age is the issue? If he can't handle it anymore, why did he not let BB know of his plans a year ago? Or something has change? I leave you with this from Brady 5 years ago.
Brady is in uncharted territory of playing at this level at this age.
What makes you think he didn’t include B.B. in his plans? No one in the patriot organization has said they have any issue with Brady not being there.
You are trying to create an issue where one doesn’t exist.

You are trying to create an issue where one doesn’t exist.
You may very well be right. I will watch from now and not bring this up until the inevitable I have conceived occurs. Hey, I am flexible in my thinking to know that I may be completely wrong and I will be very happy to be wrong.

You may very well be right. I will watch from now and not bring this up until the inevitable I have conceived occurs. Hey, I am flexible in my thinking to know that I may be completely wrong and I will be very happy to be wrong.
Inevitable what?

Hahaha yeah you’re right. I’m sure the team will fully disclose everything that’s going on behind the scenes and I’m 100% positive that Brady is absolutely ecstatic with his personal trainer and business partner getting his sideline privileges revoked and banned from boarding the team charter for away games. Yeah, that’s the ticket. Nothing to see here.

Hahaha yeah you’re right. I’m sure the team will fully disclose everything that’s going on behind the scenes and I’m 100% positive that Brady is absolutely ecstatic with his personal trainer and business partner getting his sideline privileges revoked and banned from boarding the team charter for away games. Yeah, that’s the ticket. Nothing to see here.

It’s amazing to see the mental gymnastics people are doing to try and explain that everything is fine. I think they brought McDaniels back specifically so Brady can go to him and not BB. There is clear tension with BB and Brady. #12 not showing up when 31 other QB’s are is significant. The WR core is already shaky, now Edelman will miss 4 games. You would think getting on the same page as his WR’s would be important. As Brady has stated in the past, this time is valuable.

It’s amazing to see the mental gymnastics people are doing to try and explain that everything is fine. I think they brought McDaniels back specifically so Brady can go to him and not BB. There is clear tension with BB and Brady. #12 not showing up when 31 other QB’s are is significant. The WR core is already shaky, now Edelman will miss 4 games. You would think getting on the same page as his WR’s would be important. As Brady has stated in the past, this time is valuable.
I don’t begrudge Brady for taking this time off. He’s 41 and he isn’t missing anything he can’t make up going forward. But to act like there isn’t something different going on behind the scenes and pretend it’s all gravy is to not apply any sort of god given logic whatsoever. But, then again, consider the source.

Inevitable what?
Not certain what exactly that will be but BB is someone who has demonstrated on numerous occasions to cut his own nose to spite his face. I mean who plays Bademosi in a superbowl over Butler?
These two are ruthless competitors and though you believe they are intelligent and should be able to work any differences out, I on the other hand see two prideful, but best at what they do, people who cant agree on Guerrero and that is where the chasm starts to break this two apart. The inevitable divorce between BB and Brady. One year max, maybe sooner.

I don’t begrudge Brady for taking this time off. He’s 41 and he isn’t missing anything he can’t make up going forward. But to act like there isn’t something different going on behind the scenes and pretend it’s all gravy is to not apply any sort of god given logic whatsoever. But, then again, consider the source.

There is something going on, and there's going to have to be a discussion.

It's not all gravy. The thing that's starting to catch my eye is if JE gets suspended for "an unknown substance in his blood" . Something that's never happened before. Just like balls that scientists proved were within predicted pressure limits on a cold night...Then all the angst is going to be shifted to the NFL for once again "poking the bear".

Not certain what exactly that will be but BB is someone who has demonstrated on numerous occasions to cut his own nose to spite his face.
That is BS Belichick has NEVER done that. Belichick has always done what is best for the team.

I mean who plays Bademosi in a superbowl over Butler?
Well that’s because you don’t know what went into the decision. To assume there was no reason is to assume Belichick did something he has never done before for no reason.

These two are ruthless competitors and though you believe they are intelligent and should be able to work any differences out, I on the other hand see two prideful, but best at what they do, people who cant agree on Guerrero and that is where the chasm starts to break this two apart.
Disagree how? Brady uses Guerrero and B.B. supports that. B.B. has a staff that doesn’t include Guerrero and Brady understands that. Show me one example of anything that shows there is an issue beweeen them. You are taking unfounded, disputed, even proven to be wrong stories made up by ESPN and acting like that is fact.

The inevitable divorce between BB and Brady. One year max, maybe sooner.
Pulling the max kellermsn approach I see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes