PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT - World Cup 2018 Thread

Ridiculous goalkeeping from David De Gea of all people. Ronaldo makes it 2-1 on the stroke of half time.

I could have saved that.

So, half time.

Spain caught cold, bossed it for 30 minutes, then De Gea with a shocker.

Isco has been superb, Silva and Iniesta wispish, but Portugal have been very very bright. Bernardo Silva is such a wonderful player and he's been ably supported by Moutinho. Ronaldo though, effervescent and delightful, never knowingly beaten and always as bright as a button.

2-2!

Costa again, from a set piece. Lovely delivery to the back post by Silva to Busquets who needs across goal and the #19 can't miss.

2-3, Nacho with a rasper!

Silva with great footwork on the left, just too far for Isco but it runs to Nacho 22 yards out - in off the post.

Spain in front for the first time....

Wonderful football by Spain. They look so much better.

Silly silly free kick to give away by Pique. You know who is there....

Blimey. Ronaldo with the best free kick you will see in some time. What a a game. 3-3 and a hat trick for Ronaldo.

Full time, 3-3.

Spain will feel hard done to but you cannot make mistakes at this level and expect to get away with them often. They made two against the second best player of the last 25 years.

Portugal were never quite out of it and showed the grit they so often have under Fernando Santos. These two will progress and move deeper into the tournament without a shadow of a doubt.

• Agree
Reactions: PP2
Anyone got a good link to a site that gives spoiler free schedules and broadcasting info?

I just ****en spoiled the entire day's worth of matches for myself before I could watch because the CBS site with the dates and times decided to helpfully give me the scores.

What a game Portugal and Spain huh

CR7 showing why he's the best in the world

Anyone who thinks soccer is boring should have watched Spain/Portugal. Great game.

Anyone who thinks soccer is boring should have watched Spain/Portugal. Great game.
15%20yes%20soccer%20fan.gif

Happy that Portugal got the draw but what a terrible game by the midfield. Guedes was terrible so was pepe. They got a point. Need to beat morocco and Iran.

Happy that Portugal got the draw but what a terrible game by the midfield. Guedes was terrible so was pepe. They got a point. Need to beat morocco and Iran.

Pepe and Jose Fonte were ehh. That’s Portugal’s weakness middle of the defense.

Guedes didn’t have a great game. His last touch was terrible, but his movement was giving Spain backline a **** ton of trouble. Combine that with CR7 of course, and good creators like B Silva and Bruno Fernandes. Portugal attack is deep.

I’m actually somewhat disappointed with the tie. They were up 1-0 and 2-1. I wanted 3 points, but Spain are always a tough game.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back