PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Why is the league head over heels to hire Fish's DC Vance Joseph?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this guy is a Rooney Rule interview. I am not surprised that teams are singing his praises.

They don't want to act like that is the only reason he got the interview.

If he gets hired, then somebody liked something about him.

Until then, I don't believe a word I hear.

I hope Denver hires him. I don't know much about this guy other than he has a limited resume.

somehow we dont get people talking about how Sean McDermott hasnt done anything this year, hmm I wonder why

somehow we dont get people talking about how Sean McDermott hasnt done anything this year, hmm I wonder why
Because he has a good track record and isn't a first year coordinator of a terrible defense. I'm surprised you have to wonder about that.

Honestly, that's only half a joke. Looking wildly unkempt can't work in your favor as you ask to be handed the very public keys to a multi-million-dollar business.

I don't like the backwards baseball hat at all.

While there are definitely certain members of this board out to prove "racism is over", I think McDermott had a clearly superior track record. IMO they were both ****ty hires.

Either way, the people calling it Definitely Just For The Rooney Rule look pretty ignorant now.

Only if the teams they interviewed with choose someone else.
They didn't interview to tell the teams thanks but don't consider me.
They will have jobs if they are considered the best hire.

The interview a lot of times is about you looking at the company and finding out about them. Matt and Josh may have asked the right questions and decided it wasn't worth making the move to the organization.

I'm not going to write Vance Joseph or Denver off yet - Elway has a great track record. We thought the Kubiak hire was going nowhere based on his stint in Houston.

Elway has a great track record?? Could you please show this track record??

Why don't you enlighten everyone since you seem to KNOW the reason.

While there are definitely certain members of this board out to prove "racism is over", I think McDermott had a clearly superior track record. IMO they were both ****ty hires.

Either way, the people calling it Definitely Just For The Rooney Rule look pretty ignorant now.

Could you show me where someone said, definitively, that Joseph was interviewed because of the Rooney Rule? I looked through the thread and the two people who mentioned something (@KontradictioN and @Clonamery ) both QUESTIONED if it was the Joseph interviews were just Rooney rule.

Maybe you and @meatface have an issue or something about people mentioning the Rooney Rule. Or maybe you're related to Joseph. I have no clue. Whatever the deal is, you both over-reacting to what was said.

The interview a lot of times is about you looking at the company and finding out about them. Matt and Josh may have asked the right questions and decided it wasn't worth making the move to the organization.
Nah not for NFL HC jobs.

Teams are incredibly desperate, interviewing people from teams with any bit of success. This means playoff teams like the Dolphins who have suddenly had good seasons....

We are so damned lucky...

Isn't it possible that the Fins will end up getting a better DC in his place? They didn't look too good on that side of the ball.

Could you show me where someone said, definitively, that Joseph was interviewed because of the Rooney Rule? I looked through the thread and the two people who mentioned something (@KontradictioN and @Clonamery ) both QUESTIONED if it was the Joseph interviews were just Rooney rule.

Maybe you and @meatface have an issue or something about people mentioning the Rooney Rule. Or maybe you're related to Joseph. I have no clue. Whatever the deal is, you both over-reacting to what was said.
its literally the second comment
Rooney rule?

Why don't you enlighten everyone since you seem to KNOW the reason.
its cause we have some at least mildy racist geezers here

Whatever they do it is inevitably a downgrade from Wade Phillips. Vance Joseph could be very good but I don't see Denver as a big threat next season.

That's a hell of a stretch man, he's been a DC for a long time. Joseph has been for one year and didn't do well. A more comparable case would be Mike Vrabel drawing interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes