PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Why is the league head over heels to hire Fish's DC Vance Joseph?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Froob

Independent Investigator & pliable af
PatsFans.com Supporter
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Only been a DC for a season and Dolphins fans say he's terrible and the stats say that defense is too...Why are like five teams trying to interview him to be a head coach? Are we missing something....? Elway isn't an idiot and he really wants him allegedly...

I have no clue. Compliance with the Rooney Rule? He seemed a little inept and his defense was pretty bad.

he hasnt been hired yet. two vacancies taken already. so until hes hired, i dont know if i believe anyone really wants him.

i know some people have made a big deal that the Rooney Rule wasnt being used well, and minority coaches were only being interviewed to adhere to the rule, and teams didnt have real interest in minority candidates. teams may be falsely putting out rumors they really want him to give the appearance they truly were interested in a minority for all we know.

i guess we will see

Only been a DC for a season and Dolphins fans say he's terrible and the stats say that defense is too...Why are like five teams trying to interview him to be a head coach? Are we missing something....? Elway isn't an idiot and he really wants him allegedly...
Maybe they think his team should haven given up 50 pts and he's done a good job holding teams to 30 pts?

Rooney rule?

Mike KlisVerified account‏@MikeKlis
I am expecting John Elway to make Vance Joseph an offer this morning. #9sports

I have no idea. Of course, the success of the Dolphins' defense doesn't dictate the caliber of candidate that he is. But if I were a Bronco fan I wouldn't be too excited by this. I would have wanted Kyle Shanahan; but I wasn't in the interviews.

Maybe they want to give their young QB's confidence by having them practice against below-average defenses? You know, like Philbin tried to with Tannehil?

Only been a DC for a season and Dolphins fans say he's terrible and the stats say that defense is too...Why are like five teams trying to interview him to be a head coach? Are we missing something....?

cat-chasing-laser.gif

"Ooh, ooh, the shiny new thing... gotta have it!"

"I had a defense with Suh, Wake, Phillips and Williams up front - we performed horribly and got spanked by almost every above-.500 team we faced. We also showed zero effort in our playoff game and looked like we had no interest in being there."

Elway: "YOU'RE HIRED!"

His defense was atrocious this year. There's no evidence that this guy is any sort of leader, either, so that divided locker room in Denver will likely continue to be a problem.

Denver will very likely be even worse next season.

Last edited:
Ya know, there's just something about a guy who can lead a defense to 29th in yards per game, massive conflict and a total lack of effort in a playoff game that just screams "leadership material." You'd be crazy NOT to hire him!

There were also credible rumors before this move that Wade Phillips would not be back if Vance were to be hired as HC.

Done deal according to last nights news here in Denver. Fans here are beyond excited.

If it was the Rooney rule we would merely be hearing about interviews. The reports are that teams love him.

These guys have a tough job. The "team" signs Suh to a billion dollar contract leaving 50 bucks to build the rest of the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes