PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: When you go out, are you wearing a mask?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

When you go out, are you wearing a mask?

• Yes

Votes: 48 31.2%
  • No

Votes: 106 68.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rural gives you more space. A village of 1800 people doesn’t compare w downtown Boston or Midtown Manhattan.

Where would you even find a mask in a small community in NS ?

I stopped going into stores.....I go where I can call in an order, pull up, they put it in the trunk

I get home, and one item at a time, I wipe it down with Clorox wipes, and hand them to my wife who brings them into the house
I've only gone out (aside from going to work) when absolutely necessary. I've seen people wearing disposable gloves but we don't have any of those. And I did the food delivery thing once but I've given up on that since most places have been out of everything each time I've tried since. :(

Last edited:
As a few others have said wearing a mask is not useful for us normal folks. If you felt inclined, the 2200 MPR or above furnace filters are rated 70% effective at around 0.3 microns. The N95 masks that are commonly used are like 95% at that size. I've heard of people using vacuum filters too, I'm not sure how that stuff is rated but somehow I doubt it actually stops anything below 1 micron.

If I get the virus its going to be something I touched that someone else with it touched or somehow transferred the virus onto the surface I touched, a mask isn't going to help that. If I thought I might have it Id wear the mask but I probably wouldn't go out if that was the case.

Reactions: Ian
Yes but only because it's easier to identify an unmasked public masturbator.

There are people who are in need of those masks way more than I am.

Not to say I’m immune, a mask won’t help much anyways.

I get a lot of amazon for business ..
I pick up boxes with gloves then leave them in the garage for a few days.
I hear the people suffering the worse are the hookers.
Meanwhile the sex doll business is booming ... :p:p:p

6CorlGs.jpg

when I go to the supermarket. I have a mask and gloves on. I recently discovered I had masks and gloves I bought during the last ebola scare I forgot about. the flights from Africa were allowed to continue so I bought them.

We never bought hand sanitizer...that's impossible :( I'm halfway through a tiny bottle that was in my stocking from last Christmas that I keep in my car but otherwise, I've had zero luck there.
did you get any lysol?

did you get any lysol?
My wife happened to buy a 2 pack of Lysol a while back...but that’s it. Those are tucked away in the off chance any of us get sick. Have 2 things of Clorox wipes as well. I’ve noticed the other day that all of a sudden laundry detergent is suddenly also becoming a problem...it’s just unreal.

My wife happened to buy a 2 pack of Lysol a while back...but that’s it. Those are tucked away in the off chance any of us get sick. Have 2 things of Clorox wipes as well. I’ve noticed the other day that all of a sudden laundry detergent is suddenly also becoming a problem...it’s just unreal.
i spray it on my hands and on door knobs before i enter the house.

I've been using HEB delivery for a while now, and bought a food saver / vacuum sealer a while back. Living in Houston, I try to always keep a few weeks of pantry-type items ready (hurricanes can be a *****) and a full freezer. So, when this first came to light I did some over-ordering. Stocked up on the canned goods / pasta / beans and rice. I've got plenty of everything else, so it's work from home and ride it out for me.

i spray it on my hands and on door knobs before i enter the house.
I wash my hands as soon as I get inside. I'm just trying to save the lysol because I haven't had any luck finding 1 or 2 more cans. If any of us get it, I want to be able to hopefully be able to have it to deal with it.

I've been using HEB delivery for a while now, and bought a food saver / vacuum sealer a while back.

I bought a vacuum sealer too to try and keep stuff as long as possible and I have to say, definitely a great purchase. Absolutely love that thing, it's awesome :cool:

"A mask only helps if you're sick" --- You could be asymptomatic and have it -- but have no idea. All the claims like "wearing a mask doesn't help! only if you're sick" are just dumb and also cause people to believe that whoever is wearing a mask is sick.

"A mask only helps if you're sick" --- You could be asymptomatic and have it. All the claims like "wearing a mask doesn't help! only if you're sick" are just dumb and have people believing that whoever is wearing a mask is sick.

I'm Asian and it is super normal for east asians to wear a mask outdoors whether they're sick or not in times like this just like Sars and h1n1. You should wear a mask as you might be asymptomatic. But you only need one. Stanford published a paper saying you can sterilize your mask in an oven. 160F for 30mins or 10mins over water vapor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back