PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: We're Moderating New Members

Status
Not open for further replies.
As you can see we've been controlling the influx of trolls, etc. and I've been moderating new registrations, and you should see the people trying to get in here (around 30-50 registrations per hour). The e-mails when their accounts get rejected are great. Here's one of the latest:

"Membership requirements?! What -- am I too old? Didn't pass the entrance exam?

Losers.

Normally, I wouldn't do this, but your "membership requirements" idiocy begs for it:

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHA!!!!

On the biggest choke in sports history."
-------------

Another great contributor that won't be joining us. There are many others, but that's the most recent.

Ian
Yes, can't say that I blame you. The Chargers board did the same last year.

pao

Is it possible to start a thread and post all the comments made by trolls once they are rejected for membership?
I think that would pick up my spirits a little:)

I wonder if we will have similar problems over at JI, some time in the near future?:)

Here's another one:

You are a phuckin joke... You don't let fans of other teams congratulate you
on a successful season simply because... your team choked in the big game,
your QB is a sissy, your coach is a cheater and a jack ass who is the most
classless piece of crap in the NFL. Phuck you and your choking team you ass
wipe! Giants kicked your ass. You're #2. Biggest choke in all of sports!
And everyone knows you deserved to lose. Better that then an asterick
right?

Like Waldo7 said, you beat everyone else (big deal), you still didn't win
squat. Your team is old and over and done with. Your window is closing.
The Mannings own you. And the Steelers have 5 championships and have won
one since your cheaters did!

Enjoy!

------------------

Another winner who won't be joining us. - Ian

Thanks for your tireless efforts. I greatly appreciate it.

As you can see we've been controlling the influx of trolls, etc. and I've been moderating new registrations, and you should see the people trying to get in here (around 30-50 registrations per hour). The e-mails when their accounts get rejected are great. Here's one of the latest:

"Membership requirements?! What -- am I too old? Didn't pass the entrance exam?

Losers.

Normally, I wouldn't do this, but your "membership requirements" idiocy begs for it:

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHA!!!!

On the biggest choke in sports history."
-------------

Another great contributor that won't be joining us. There are many others, but that's the most recent.

Ian
thanks .i know ive had my fill of trolls on this board .

Here's another one:

right?

Enjoy!

------------------

if only the pats and their fans could ever have the class of the rest of the nfl.......:rofl:

I was actually pretty down about yesterday, but knowing the pats will be back next year to make all these jerkoffs cry for another season is kind of lifting my spirits.

I'm a new member since last week and I just want to say hey to all of you, and please note all newbies aren't bad!
I'm a big time lurker, but the media got me so pissed I finally had to start posting.

Still in much pain,
Willie

if only the pats and their fans could ever have the class of the rest of the nfl.......:rofl:

I was actually pretty down about yesterday, but knowing the pats will be back next year to make all these jerkoffs cry for another season is kind of lifting my spirits.

I was wondering where all the trolls went. Thanks.

The hate is too much for me. Even that carpetbagger Hillary is calling us losers: http://baystateliberal.blogspot.com/2008/02/life-imitates-sports.html

I live in Wisconsin, so would somebody shake of the pain and please go vote against her. If you don't like Obama, write in "Patriots will be back!"

I'm a new member since last week and I just want to say hey to all of you, and please note all newbies aren't bad!
I'm a big time lurker, but the media got me so pissed I finally had to start posting.

Still in much pain,
Willie

Hey Willie,

Welcome to the board! - Ian

Here's another one:

right?

Enjoy!

------------------

HAHAHA glad to see I'm getting underneath these trolls' skin lol. So we didn't win "squat" except for 18 straight games lmfao. Does that means that the Jest fans and the rest of the National Jealousy League won less than squat? :D

Congratulations trolls, the Pats went to the Superbowl and lost, and your team is just straight up lost in oblivion. I hope you all have fun being the fan of whoever the Pats play next year, maybe you'll get to celebrate more than once a season this time :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I'm a new member as of today. Found this board a few months ago and found it to be a great forum. I probally wouldn't have joined if they won. But felt I needed to when they lost. I must have woke up about a dozen times last night thinking about the game. What a let down. I've lived in Los Angeles for twentysix years and don't know any real pats fans out here ,but I have converted my wife. And next year when they come out to play the chargers. We're going to the game. I was home in October and saw and felt the excitment of the Redsox. Unfortunately Los Angeles just doesn't get it. I can't wait to retire and get as far away from this place as I can. The Pats won eighteen games this year no other team can say that. They'll be back and go to the superbowl again next year. True fans take the bad with the good. Cheer up, I can remember some really bad years and these are not bad years.

Thanks for the welcome Ian.
It helps to be around kindred souls at this time!

Ian, my thanks to you, and the mods. I was VERY concerned that my favorite pats site, would be taken over by the trolls. great job:rocker:

Thanks Ian! You're the BEST!! I brace myself for trolls everytime I open a thread and have been pleasantly surprised to see so few.

It was great meeting you last Friday! The rally was a huge success and a great time. Win or lose, I'm proud to be a Pats fan and a member of PatsFans.com

Bumper sticker's on the car, pictures framed and on the wall!! Life is still good.. kinda

I'm a Colts fan and our board was chock full of Pats fans running their mouths all year long. It's called karma.
As usual Pats fans can dish it out but they can't take it.

Next time show some class.

Unless you can show that someone from "this" board, who's now complaining about trolls, did that, you don't have a leg to stand on.
Also, congrats on your QB getting to another Super Bowl...too bad he was watching from a luxury box.

Just wanted to say Pats fans have no business talking about Trolls. I remember when you were beating teams by 40 there was nonstop talk around here about F-you TD's and "humiliating" opponents.

I'm a Colts fan and our board was chock full of Pats fans running their mouths all year long. It's called karma. Running up the score and gloating about it caught up with you which is why there are so many "trolls" wanting a piece of you. If you had won with class it would be one thing, but you made sure you made the other teams and their fans look bad. So now you're on the recieving end and you cry about it and ban new people from signing up.

As usual Pats fans can dish it out but they can't take it.

Congratulations on going 19-0.....oh sorry, 18-1. Next time show some class.

I'm fairly certain that a small minority of Pats fans that post here also post in a manner that reflects what you said (gloating, running their mouths) on Indy forums. Just as it's probably a minority of Colts fans on Indy boards that come here or other boards and do the same. Either way, the mods judge which behavior is appropriate or not.

Sure there was talk here about certain things, but I mean, I guess it's a Pats fans' board, if the shoe was on the other foot it would be the same thing, perhaps.

The games and running up of scores don't make opposing teams' fans look bad, being trolls on fan message boards completely separate from football organizations make fans look bad, and it goes both ways... patriots fans or otherwise.... and they deserve to be, and probably have been banned whichever forum it happens in.

The mods are trying to keep this board "classy" by restricting people who detract from legitimate talk. There are plenty of Colts fans who post here (they may be called trolls just because they dont support the pats, but that's not for me to judge) and who can add positively to the board even if they don't agree with whatever's being discussed.

If you've been a member since October, then you probably know that blatant trolls didn't just start coming Sunday night, it's been all season long. This is not the first nor last sports team forum to do something like this.

The mods haven't tried to keep this board "classy". Pats fans can say whatever they want about opposing teams. Only visitors get banned here. I'm just saying next time show some class after you beat a team 50-14 or whatever. It got out of hand with you guys. You had the SB won after you beat the Colts. BTW, I had to listen to many many "unclassy" things from Pats fans on the Colts boards, maybe they just don't ban people as quickly as that Pats mods do over there.

good god. who pi--ed in your cheerios? not all pats fans are like that. im sure you did get some, but try being a bigger person then they are. by acting like this, your no better than azzholes like that. many of us on here respect the colts, and dont waste our time on your board. i suggest if you hate us so much, you should go back to your own board, and bad mouth us there. oh, and the only opposing fans that get banned our idiots like you. :D

thanks ian. like many, i've been using this board as a form of "therapy" since Sunday night. buy us all a few more days and we'll be back to our nasty selves, ready to repel the trolls ourselves.

Last edited:
What is really sad to me is all those people are focussing more on the pats loss then the giants win. I am still certain that is why Coach B left the field in a hurry. Him standing around would take away from the Giants victory.

ANd all the trolls from other teams have no right whatsoever to open their yaps... where were their teams last sunday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes