PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Watson to Brownies

Status
Not open for further replies.
100%. AFC North has Watson, Burrow and Herbert, that's pretty damn elite as well. The AFC has 7 out of the top 10 QB's.
Absolutely.

Doing lots of rankings today.

I'll go by conference.

AFC:

Mahomes
Allen
Watson
Herbert
Burrow
Jackson
Wilson
Carr

NFC:
Brady
Rodgers
Stafford
Kyler
Prescott

NFC Looks pedestrian from 3 to 5.

I think all these QB's are so great. It'll come down to which D makes key stops in big games.

Hoyer had a better win % with the Texans as a starter. HOYER. A great QB, really? Heck, at the end of the day, Hoyer might still have a better win% with the Browns as a starter (he did go 10-6). /s

On a more serious note, yeah, DWatson's a really good QB (not worth that money, imho), but I hope he poops the bed, Trainspotting style. He's def got a shot to continue his maybe win 1 game in the playoffs since he's got Amari, but it's going to determined by his mental state - is he going to go on a revenge tour or is he going to fold under the stress from existing troubles?

I think all these QB's are so great. It'll come down to which D makes key stops in big games.

Absolutely.

I'll go by conference.

AFC:

Mahomes
Allen
Watson
Herbert
Burrow
Jackson
Wilson
Carr

NFC:
Brady
Rodgers
Stafford
Kyler
Prescott

Looks pretty good to me. Everyone will have their own opinion as some of QB's are interchangable after you get past the first few. IMO the top 2 or 3 are usually on a slighly higher level then the rest.

Looks pretty good to me. Everyone will have their own opinion as some of QB's are interchangable after you get past the first few. IMO the top 2 or 3 are usually on a slighly higher level then the rest.
QB rankings is tough.

A guy like Herbert will get dinged because he didn't make PO. Burrow made SB. They are still so close though.

So many variables.

Tom Brady is a winner in this too.

Because I believe NO would've been a SB contender with Watson.

And for some foresaken reason, Saints just have Bucs number.

QB rankings is tough.

A guy like Herbert will get dinged because he didn't make PO. Burrow made SB. They are still so close though.

So many variables.
I agree. I don't knock a QB much for not making playoffs as its not always the QB's fault. Herbert played really well last year and they still just missed the playoffs. The defense gave up more then 30 points 7x as well. They had some big wins and had a winning record but still missed the playoffs. I expect them to get in next year finally.

Package Houston got for him is just as insane as his contract:

3 first round picks, 1 third, 1 fourth

(Also gave a 5th with Watson)

Wowza

The new media contracts kick in in 2023, with big cap bumps. The cap number is going to skyrocket. And that doesn't count the upcoming gambling tie-ins.
Yes. So every new free agent is going to much more expensive.

Pats picked a bad year to spend $$ on free agents
Did they though? Let’s see what year two brings for all those FA from last year.

I hoping the best and everyone gets better year 2

That said, I’m also bummed they have done sh!t this year so I get it

Did all these teams forget he makes a ton of mistakes and good defenses have solved him numerous times? I hope it works out for Browns fans but Watson has also been out of football for a year.

Pretty disgusting they were so eager to gave this predator $46M per year and give up 3 first round draft picks. He's not even a top 5 QB.

Not only that, they deliberately lowered his 2022 pay so that his suspension wouldn't impact him financially like it should.

Since the NFL made it clear that they can just make up rules as they go along, if he's suspended for 2022, they should dock his pay according to his yearly average and not tolerate their work-around.

Absolutely.

I'll go by conference.

AFC:

Mahomes
Allen
Watson
Herbert
Burrow
Jackson
Wilson
Carr

NFC:
Brady
Rodgers
Stafford
Kyler
Prescott

The Bucs, Rams and Cowboys have the best teams on paper in the NFC. Packers and Cardinals have pretty weak rosters outside of the QB position.

In the AFC, it wouldn't surprise me if any of those teams wound up the 1st seed. Although it'll probably be the Bills since the AFC West could hand each other losses on any given day.

I bet Brady is happy with these QBs going to the AFC. May end up being the biggest winner yet again.

Pats picked a bad year to spend $$ on free agents
Let’s play the who you wouldn’t have signed last year for this year:

Judon: Yes. He’s a bargain even though he can’t stop the run.
Henry: Yes. there’s no one better this year.
Smith: No. Overpaid for not much production in Tenn.
Agholor: No.
Bourne: Yes
Godsmack: Absolutely not.
Mills: Absolutely not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes