PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Was Randy Moss better than Jerry “Sticky Fingers” Rice?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Moss or Rice?

• Moss

Votes: 33 52.4%
  • Rice

Votes: 30 47.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's kind of like this: the Tebow overtime throw to beat the Steelers in the playoffs was a greater play than that Gronk one-handed catch in between 3 Broncos defenders. Gronk's play was "better" but the Tebow play was "greater" when you consider the stakes, the player, the underdog role, etc

It's not misusing words at all. I've used those exact words in this exact same type of debate before with countless other fans who get the concept. Just because you can't grasp this simple concept doesn't mean I'm stupid. If you'd like, to make it easier, we can arrange a time to discuss this in person so I can draw it out for you with crayons. Maybe that'll help you understand it better Epically Stupid Andy
I didn’t say you were stupid. I said your post was stupid. I never would call a person stupid on a message board.
By the way your epically stupid post was the one saying Rodgers is better than Brady.

There is nothing to explain. You misused words and are creating a shltshow to avoid admitting it.

All you had to do was explain what you mean, which if I understsbd you correctly, I would agree with, that moss had the potential to be better than rice but never realized it.
Just say that instead of arguing words mean things they don’t mean.

And talk to some football people so you can get past that mistaken belief that Rodgers is better than Brady.

I didn’t say you were stupid I said your post was. I would never call someone stupid on a message board but I will call a post stupid.
Of course you choose to go for personal attacks when someone disagrees with you apparently.

There is nothing to explain. You want to make up definitions or words that don’t exist then lie and say it’s an accepted definition.
There is nothing to explain other than explaining that you misspoke and should have explained what you were trying to say (which evidently is something I agree with, which is that moss had the potential to be better but never realized it) rather than misuse words then act like the person who points out your error is wrong.

Perhaps you should cut back on the caffeine.
Dude, you can't ASK what I mean by explaining the difference in greater vs better, then I explain, then you call it stupid. That's not how it works. I'm not re-defining the English language here. I'm not calling a refrigerator a shovel and asking you to accept this. It's my take on two subjective terms and why I'd use one over the other, and it's something that's generally accepted when you're talking to other fans about it. I'm sorry I wasn't able to help you understand this better.

Rice couldn't play in the salary cap era. He'd be a system WR without the vaunted defense and two HOF QB's to carry his ass.

Schticky hands = Fivehead.

I rest my case.

Yeah but Rice also played when DBs were basically allowed to do anything to a WR short of stabbing or shooting them at the LoS. Rice, to me, had a better knack for finding the holes in the defense and was a better route runner than Randy. Like I said, from a God-given physical talent standpoint, Randy is superior. But it takes more than that to be the GOAT wideout. Outside of that, I really don't think you could possibly go wrong with either guy in his prime.

Oh no...has this devolved into yet another "talent vs. production" ****fest?

It's kind of like this: the Tebow overtime throw to beat the Steelers in the playoffs was a greater play than that Gronk one-handed catch in between 3 Broncos defenders. Gronk's play was "better" but the Tebow play was "greater" when you consider the stakes, the player, the underdog role, etc
You are simply making up definitions.

Gronks play was both better and greater. There is no question of that.
Tebow’s play was more impactful, critical, important.

Words have meanings.

Last edited by a moderator:
You are simply making up definitions.

Gronks okay was both better and greater. There is no question of that.
Tebow’s play was more impactful, critical, important.

Words have meanings.
Words have multiple meanings. I'm done trying to explain this to you Epically Stupid Andy. Have a nice day. Nice in this context doesn't mean polite, it means good, as in I hope the quality of your day is good.

Dude, you can't ASK what I mean by explaining the difference in greater vs better, then I explain, then you call it stupid.
Aaron Rodgers is better than Tom Brady is stupid.

That's not how it works. I'm not re-defining the English language here. I'm not calling a refrigerator a shovel and asking you to accept this.
Essentially you are.

It's my take on two subjective terms and why I'd use one over the other, and it's something that's generally accepted when you're talking to other fans about it. I'm sorry I wasn't able to help you understand this better.
It is by no means generally accepted.
I understand the difference between talent and play is an accepted discussion.
But better and greater are the same thing.

But let’s back up a step.
You said moss was better but rice was greater.
I asked to explain because it’s a silly statement.
You came back with Aaron Rodgers is better than Tom Brady and I said that was epically stupid.

Where is the issue?

Are you telling me it’s correct to say Aaron Rodgers is better than Tom Brady?

Words have multiple meanings. I'm done trying to explain this to you Epically Stupid Andy. Have a nice day. Nice in this context doesn't mean polite, it means good, as in I hope the quality of your day is good.
Words do have multiple meanings. That doesn’t mean you can make one up that doesn’t exist.
But we can end it. To summarize you think Aaron Rodgers is better than Tom Brady and I think that is an epically stupid opinion.

Yeah but Rice also played when DBs were basically allowed to do anything to a WR short of stabbing or shooting them at the LoS. Rice, to me, had a better knack for finding the holes in the defense and was a better route runner than Randy. Like I said, from a God-given physical talent standpoint, Randy is superior. But it takes more than that to be the GOAT wideout. Outside of that, I really don't think you could possibly go wrong with either guy in his prime.

Don't take anything I said seriously in this thread. No way I'm voting for Rice and am just giving Moss the hometown discount.

I'm not going to keep explaining the context of the two words. You and Epically Stupid Andy asked me to explain the difference in the two, and I did. I can't understand it for you. It's a fairly simple concept.

Yes, it is a very simple concept...One that is clearly beyond your capacity to grasp.
icon_lol.gif

Andy's got'is own argument with you. It's got nothing to do with me. o_O

And I didn't ask you anything.
spock.gif
Pull your head out'f your @$$. :)

If you lack the self-respect and confidence to admit that you said something idiotic, admit it like a man, and move on ~ as I suggested ~ then I can't save you.

You were obviously trying to say something along the lines of Moss being more talented, but Rice being a better FootBall Player...I even helped you with the wording.
icon_lol.gif

Years ago, when I was weak, I used to get defensive about my phuck-ups, like you.

Having grown up and realized that my body of work is good enough that I can admit when I make a mistake, I chuckle about it, confess it, and move on. Nobody's perfect.

Hopefully, you, too, will some day become a man. ;)

Last edited:
Yes, it is a very simple concept...One that is clearly beyond your capacity to grasp.
icon_lol.gif

Andy's got'is own argument with you. It's got nothing to do with me. o_O

And I didn't ask you anything. o_O Pull your head out'f your @$$. :)

If you lack the self-respect and confidence to admit that you said something idiotic, admit it like a man, and move on ~ as I suggested ~ then I can't save you.

You were obviously trying to say something along the lines of Moss being more talented, but Rice being a better FootBall Player...I even helped you with the wording.
icon_lol.gif

Years ago, when I was weak, I used to get defensive about my phuck-ups, like you.

Having grown up and realized that my body of work is good enough that I can admit when I make a mistake, I chuckle about it, confess it, and move on. Nobody's perfect.

Hopefully, you, too, will some day become a man. ;)
It's the same damn thing dude. I'm not going to have another 4 page argument about it. I admit when I'm wrong. I'm not wrong here. Have a good day

Oh no...has this devolved into yet another "talent vs. production" ****fest?
Steelers fans used to argue Hines Ward was better than Randy on CBS Sporsline boards because he was pound for pound better (which of course somebody rebuttalled this isn’t the pound for pound league).

Heh. It's past my bedtime, my DayWalker friends, but I seem to be feeling a bit defenestrational, so I think I'll barbecue me a bit'f goose...

Goose: "A was warmer than B...But B...was hotter than A."
icon_lol.gif

Heh. It's past my bedtime, my DayWalker friends, but I seem to be feeling a bit defenestrational, so I think I'll barbecue me a bit'f goose...

Goose: "A was warmer than B...But B...was hotter than A."
icon_lol.gif
OTG: I have no understanding of what greatness means when it comes to football so that must mean nobody does. Now here is my collection of smilies.

Goose: "X was cooler than Y, yet Y was colder than X."
icon_lol.gif

Goose: "X was cooler than Y, yet Y was colder than X."
icon_lol.gif
Your examples are awful because, like "great" the words cool and hot have different definitions than just being related to temperature. It's like you're flaunting your stupidity to surpass Epically Stupid Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots