PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Steelers are in trouble at QB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big Ben won't be playing unless he passes his neurological exam and the brain wave exam and his tests come back within limits of the baseline exams that were done prior to the start of the season.

That was one of the rules implemented either this past off-season or the prior one regarding concussions.

Big Ben won't be playing unless he passes his neurological exam and the brain wave exam and his tests come back within limits of the baseline exams that were done prior to the start of the season.

That was one of the rules implemented either this past off-season or the prior one regarding concussions.

What if they're both flatlines?

That sucks for them cuz the ravens are gonna tear them apart with the defense they have...

Last edited by a moderator:
If Roethlisberger can't play, I'll be curious to see what Pittsburgh decides to do. Their only other QB is Dennis Dixon, who has thrown a grand total of one pass in his NFL career. I recall him being pretty good in college at Oregon, and he's had two years to learn their playbook, but it will be interesting to see if they let him start.

Considering how Tomlin and the Steelers decided to punt rather than go for it on 4th down in OT from the KC 48 yesterday, I'm guessing he would be more likely to go with the conservative, conventional, by-the-book "wisdom" - and sign a vet and let him start instead of going with the QB with no starting experience.

The idea that it's a near certainty that Roethlisberger will be playing one week after a concussion is a problem in of itself. It's the fourth of his career, and playing the week after suffering one makes him FAR more likely to sustain a fifth. His quality of life post-football could very easily be crippled by this, and it's a real shame because you know that he's not looking at it from that perspective.

I wish the best for him going forward, but this is one of those stories that you can already tell is going to end badly. At this rate, he could very easily end up being a cautionary tale in the not-too-distant future. Frankly, the choice shouldn't be in his hands- Tomlin should hold him out this week, regardless of what he thinks about it. Not only to protect him, but to protect his on-the-field value as a relatively young franchise QB.

Last edited:
Okay, I'll be the first to say it. Steelers fans thought it was funny that Brady got injured in a Chiefs game last year... karma much?

Well considering he should play on Sunday, not quite there yet.

I didn't think it was funny, but I didn't feel bad. Does that make me a bad person?

The fact that it's a near certainty that Roethlisberger will be playing one week after a concussion is a problem in of itself. It's the fourth of his career, and playing the week after suffering one makes him FAR more likely to sustain a fifth. His quality of life post-football could very easily be crippled by this, and it's a real shame because you know that he's not looking at it from that perspective.

I wish the best for him going forward, but this is one of those stories that you can already tell is going to end badly. At this rate, he could very easily end up being a cautionary tale in the not-too-distant future. Frankly, the choice shouldn't be in his hands- Tomlin should hold him out this week, regardless of what he thinks about it. Not only to protect him, but to protect his on-the-field value as a relatively young franchise QB.

Completely agree. And it doesn't make the NFL look good either. There's a lot of attention being paid to players and post-career neurological conditions. This is a chance for the NFL to show they're taking this seriously.

I'm trying to remember, has the NFL trading deadline passed? If it hasn't, then Tampa Bay should try to work out a deal to trade Byron Leftwich to the Steelers. Leftwich is sitting on the bench, not playing for the Bucs - but he should still remember the Steelers playbook since it wasn't that long ago since he played for them. Seems like it would be a win-win situation for all three parties involved.

So the Steelers are likely fighting for a Wild Card. They play the Ravens this weekend and if the Ravens win, they will be tied at 6-5 with the Ravens with the tiebreaker at least for the moment (they will have split their head to head and the Ravens will have a better division record). The two teams in the South have relatively easy schedules the rest of the way.

Steelers and Ravens haven't played yet. They play their first meeting at Baltimore this weekend. If Rothlisberger can't play, Baltimore should be a decided favorite. Their 2nd meeting is at Pittsburgh week 16.

Hope Ben is ok. For those of us who have had concussions, I'm sure you can attest to how much they suck to recover from.

I'd take a knee injury any day of the week.

My .02$

I'd be interested in hearing what recovering from a concussion is like. Is it like a headache, or a fog, or like being drunk (for lack of a better word). How long did your post concussion symptoms last? Would you have been able to play a cerebal game such as football only one week later?

Would you have been able to play a cerebal game such as football only one week later?

Got mine in a car accident a few years back. I remember needing to move around slow.

Post concussion lasted for I'd say around 10days to 2 weeks It was a pretty low-grade one. Felt a little foggy and tired. Cranky too. A little headache but not a brutal one. They say you are very sensitive to light but I don't remember one way or the other.

I have no idea how these go out and play with post-concussion symptoms. I was very comfortable on the couch being fed grapes by the Mrs. ;-) (i wish).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick