PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: So, how are people dealing with this, beyond eating and watching TV?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would love some suggestions for stuff to do... I already spent a few hours today on the treadmill...
Technically, I am an essential person. I have been working from home and going in to work on an as needed basis. For me, public appearances are business as usual as I have respiratory issues and always manage interactions with sick people, wash my hands, and, to some extent, distance myself.

My youngest is home from school. I feel bad that he has lost some campus time, but, selfishly, I am glad to have him home. We walk a lot. This is my Eagle Scout, so we have camped for most of two decades and have a close relationship. I eat better when I am cooking for others.

My ventures out of our home, except for work, have fallen off dramatically. I still shop, but less frequently and I do a lot of business over the phone or online.

I still spend a LOT of time doing my job. To a certain extent, it takes more time to do less from my home office. Still, no commute and I lunch with my kid. What I have done to make myself feel good about this era is to do a lot of the things I have been too tired to do after work. I upgraded my TiVos. I am upgrading my son's desktop. I'm working on my kitchen. I walk about two hours a day. This has made me feel much better. I have met a lot of my neighbors. It's like we have suspended the rat race for a couple months. One day I saw a guy and his young daughter dressed as bunnies waving at passing traffic. Another day I saw a young man teaching a kid to ride a bike. Everyone seems to be taking things in stride. Making the most of the situation.

When I am among those who cannot work from home, I spend a lot of time thanking and encouraging them.

Finally, I sleep a lot. Not by design. I just find myself going to bed earlier and getting up later. No apologies for an afternoon nap.

Short answer, spend some quality time with the people you are isolated with. Get outside and make some friends. Catch up on some things on your to-do list. Get some rest. Take care of yourself.

Last edited:
Just got back from Monterey. Normal Saturday drives down there are busy, but today was dead. The wharf there was also dead. Fewer people there than walking around my own neighborhood. Needed that change of scenery.

Regards,
Chris

I'm learning how to dance...

Writing my theories about the lungs being more important than heart in terms of health maintenance.

Check out the Pub for thread that was moved. (Not trolls. Thx) .ignored anyway thx.. ;)

You know what the proof is.? If you improve your lungs the heart goes along for the ride.:cool:

Also... practice golf swing. Using mirrors and copying golf swing positions from golf channel videos. Trying to create speed and muscle memory that hopefully translates into consistent ball striking .

Chipping and putting can be done on a carpet.

Last edited:
Playing golf, riding bike in park. Went shooting at my gun range.

Normal stuff.

Just got back from Monterey. Normal Saturday drives down there are busy, but today was dead. The wharf there was also dead. Fewer people there than walking around my own neighborhood. Needed that change of scenery.

Regards,
Chris

I love that place.

My ex and I ate at a restaurant on the wharf one day a few years back and she got a bug in her eye and ran into the bathroom. Someone saw her, followed her in and asked if she was crying because I was abusing her.

Today I conquered two projects that I'd been avoiding for months: organizing the extra shoe laces, and putting cedar moth repellent into every closet.

My laundry has never been so up to date.

Also poop scooped the backyard.

Made a magnificent stir fry for our dinner.

Got a nap.

Tonight, we'll continue binging Doc Martin, nearing the end, which is going to be tough.

I love that place.

My ex and I ate at a restaurant on the wharf one day a few years back and she got a bug in her eye and ran into the bathroom. Someone saw her, followed her in and asked if she was crying because I was abusing her.

What an opportunity for her.

"Yes, he is abusing me! He scolded me for sleeping with his brother! I can't believe he's so uptight!"
or something else fun.

Online Catan with friends while on Zoom. We might start our own League. I think it’ll continue to an extent after Covid, as we don’t live in the same area.

Playing golf, riding bike in park. Went shooting at my gun range.

Normal stuff.
Where you able to run around the woods in camo with your FB friends?

Farming like usual.
It's weird because when I am home/at the farm life seems normal. Then, when I have to run errands or whatnot, it is a reality check. The best part (other than everyone in our family is healthy) is that my son moved back home from the city and is helping on the farm again this season.

I love that place.

Two things can be true at the same time.

Likely a tourist from elsewhere who wanted to help. Californians are all smiles on the outside, but apathetic bungholes deep down.

Regards,
Chris

Farming like usual.
It's weird because when I am home/at the farm life seems normal. Then, when I have to run errands or whatnot, it is a reality check. The best part (other than everyone in our family is healthy) is that my son moved back home from the city and is helping on the farm again this season.
Very tough work. Farmers don't get enough respect.

Where you able to run around the woods in camo with your FB friends?
How about playing golf in camos? It's illegal to play in most states. Although, it's fine to go to the beach in some.

Being retired, life isn't much different except that I can't play golf and tennis because in my part of Virginia the courses are closed and the county has locked the tennis courts. My wife and I walk several miles every day, I read a lot, do a bunch of outdoor chores since spring is here, and visit this website to fill in the remainder of the time.

Last edited:
How about playing golf in camos? It's illegal to play in most states. Although, it's fine to go to the beach in some.

Legal to play golf in Ohio. Several local munis are open.

I love that place.

Obviously that was a woman who followed her in, correct? The stool pigeon genetic defect is rampant in the Bay area and hundreds of miles in every direction.They love their "Social Justice Moron" ivory towers.

Two things can be true at the same time.

Likely a tourist from elsewhere who wanted to help. Californians are all smiles on the outside, but apathetic bungholes deep down.

Regards,
Chris
I like those California Apathethic Forest Firefighters, though, they really bring their bung to the flames.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore