PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Skippy Might Start Stid - EDIT Carr Benched, Stidham will start

We would be very happy with that kind of QB production we would have at least 2 more wins with the level of our defense.
My point was that the (admittedly surface level) evidence points to rookie Mac being just as productive as 2021 Carr. As in, we did have "that kind of QB production" last year. With Mac. It's what had many of us psyched about his year 2 leap before the Patricia experiment blew up on all our faces.

If McDaniels starts Stidham over the final two weeks then he should be stripped of his head coaching status by the league. Both conferences can hate McDaniels for forfeiting games that several teams are watching closely. The 49ers could still jump ahead of the Vikings in the seeding which would absolutely doom the Vikings in the postseason (having to play @SFO instead). Kansas City travels to Vegas in week 18 and the outcome of that game likely will impact the AFC seeding at the top. I get it, Carr sucks right now, but starting Stidham is equivalent to forfeiting games.

That's why I wanted Bill to start him for the last game of 2020... There was a real chance that if he had, he might've been in position to draft Fields without even a trade-up...

Stid looked great for the Raiders in preseason.
We will see how he looks in a real game.
Hope it goes better for him than the limited real game action he saw with the pats. I know Skylar Thompson looked great for Miami this preseason and then didn’t look too hot in the games that mattered once Tua went out with the concussions.

Cutting Carr will be a no brainer for the Raiders. As Crawhammer points out that sucks for the league but the Raiders can’t take a chance with the $32 million by risking having Carr get injured. They will gain $27 million in cap space by benching him now that they are officially eliminated from the playoffs. The only question is whether he winds up in Indy, SF, Pitt, Texans (some bad mojo there for him though), Tampa, or in East Rutherford.

Cutting Carr will be a no brainer for the Raiders. As Crawhammer points out that sucks for the league but the Raiders can’t take a chance with the $32 million by risking having Carr get injured. They will gain $27 million in cap space by benching him now that they are officially eliminated from the playoffs. The only question is whether he winds up in Indy, SF, Pitt, Texans (some bad mojo there for him though), Tampa, or in East Rutherford.

Don't be a tease.

Don't be a tease.
I was thinking Green Slime but then realized D. Jones could walk from the Giants so either team is a possibility here.

I was thinking Green Slime but then realized D. Jones could walk from the Giants so either team is a possibility here.

Carr to the Jete would be too good to be true. I just hope they don't land Jimmy G.

Yup, I think Carr is toast. Jimmy G. is nothing to fear given his injury history, what a franchise they are … a debacle! :D

Yup, I think Carr is toast. Jimmy G. is nothing to fear given his injury history, what a franchise they are … a debacle! :D

When healthy Jimmy is a threat. Aside from that I like him, seeing him in a Jete uniform would be depressing.

When healthy Jimmy is a threat. Aside from that I like him, seeing him in a Jete uniform would be depressing.

It would I suppose, but I think he wants to make it work in SF because he realizes that if they could just get and stay healthy, they have the best chance of any team of going into Philthadelphia and leaving it with the NFC Championship... Heck he should already have a ring with them... Jete gotta be Way down on his list of preferred destinations.

That's why I wanted Bill to start him for the last game of 2020... There was a real chance that if he had, he might've been in position to draft Fields without even a trade-up...
Isn't that what got Pederson fired?

Technically, the Raiders have not been eliminated, so it seems odd they would bench Carr at this point, despite their odds being slim. I get the cap space arguments but it's basically tanking, which would be a weird signal to send to the rest of the team.

Once he gets the Jete stink on him it wouldn't matter.

The right move for Josh. Let’s the fan base, the team, and Carr himself know they’ll be moving on from him.

Carr isn’t a horrible QB, but he’s not good enough to make the Raiders a contender. He’s been around for a while and had had his chances. Josh knows good QB play.

The way things are going this season Stidham will probably start the last 2 games and throw 8 TDs.
Wouldn’t doubt it in the least…never got a fair shot here….I’ll be pulling for Stid

If a coach said they were going start Mr Irrelevant at QB for the rest of the year would you consider him to be forfeiting games ?
Good point…happening right now in SF….

I just wanted to say that “there’s a possibility we would do the right thing” is pretty damn funny. I mean, that’s inspirational confidence there.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back