PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Skippy Might Start Stid - EDIT Carr Benched, Stidham will start

Raiders were ahead for over 3.5 quarters and it was a low scoring game anyway. Again, didn't watch the game so not sure how much they ran it, just saying what the complaint is from the fans.

Derek Carr's been an NFL starter for 9 years. In those 9 years, the Raiders have had just 2 winning seasons. The team's drafting has been atrocious for years, injuries have decimated the receiving corps this year, the offensive line was expected to suck and does, and the QB is making boneheaded decisions that run 180 degrees counter to what the implemented offensive scheme would likely be dictating.

So, naturally, the problem must be with the first year head coach...

While Carr has been a let down this year I can't really blame him for never winning anything. Raiders defense has been trash his whole career and he's had to learn a new offense almost every season with piss poor O line. Situation means so much... Mahomes is great but who knows what he would've been if he was drafted to a franchise like the Raiders without a stable organization and all time HC in Reid.

Again, why would Brady want to be in the same division as Mahomes or Herbert? At best he’d be competing for 2nd place…
Raiders with Brady would have a chance to win the division, but it would be incredibly tough. Chiefs would have an enormous edge at coach. Chargers are only getting better too. And who knows whether the real problem in Denver was the HC or Wilson. I'd like to see year 2 of Wilson. It's hard to believe he's fallen off so bad while having fairly solid talent around him.

75t11p.gif

Raiders with Brady would have a chance to win the division, but it would be incredibly tough. Chiefs would have an enormous edge at coach. Chargers are only getting better too. And who knows whether the real problem in Denver was the HC or Wilson. I'd like to see year 2 of Wilson. It's hard to believe he's fallen off so bad while having fairly solid talent around him.

He'd win the division if Mahomes got hurt...that's really the only path I see Brady winning the AFCW.

Best divisions for Brady to go to:

NFCW - on the Niners, he'd be in 1st place and a potential 1 seed

AFCS - Tennessee needs a QB but not much talent there

NFCN - weak QBs in the division other than Rodgers

NFCS - weakest division in football

He'd win the division if Mahomes got hurt...that's really the only path I see Brady winning the AFCW.

Best divisions for Brady to go to:

NFCW - on the Niners, he'd be in 1st place and a potential 1 seed

AFCS - Tennessee needs a QB but not much talent there

NFCN - weak QBs in the division other than Rodgers

NFCS - weakest division in football
AFCE - weak QBs in the division other than Allen

*Brady on Miami with Hill, Waddle would be wild. Although ridiculously weird to see.

*Brady on Miami with Hill, Waddle would be wild. Although ridiculously weird to see.

With that talent and Brady at QB, I suppose the Dolphins could challenge the Bills for a division crown...

Last edited:

I hope he doesn’t. I cant cheer for Tom in the division. Hope he stays in Tampa it really is the perfect place for him other than NE.

Sorry... forgot who I was talking to. :)
Same here. You're probably the only person on the planet that doesn't think we lost to the Raiders in an embarrassing fashion. ;)

Brady in Vegas next year reunited with Josh.

Same here. You're probably the only person on the planet that doesn't think we lost to the Raiders in an embarrassing fashion. ;)
I think he's saying we really didn't lose to Carr, we lost by a bad call and two boneheads on our team and really beat themselves.

Brady has only been MARRIED once.
OK, correct detail, but doesn't change the dynamics of parental responsibility. Two ex partners to negotiate with, three kids to make sure feel the most important thing in his world, all of which requires time structures that moving to a state where none of them live make possible.

We did. But as you just said, we lost to the Raiders... not to Derek Carr. Ha! :)

McDaniels has traded big pieces from his teams in the past (Cutler, brandon marshall, etc.), so maybe the pats can get something out of it.

And Cutler and Marshall went on to be great players? Or McDaniels was right and both were average at best. I doubt we trade for any of McDaniels' cast offs.

Mac would fit in nicely with the Raiders, he already has the dirty label. He would be in shock at first working with elite weapons again.

Weapons will not matter if Mac's technique is wrong and he holds the ball too long. See the last 5 games of '21 under McDaniels, and all of '22 under Patricia.

Weapons will not matter if Mac's technique is wrong and he holds the ball too long. See the last 5 games of '21 under McDaniels, and all of '22 under Patricia.
Based upon my review of the All 22 for each of Mac’s passes I can conclude he has great technique and only holds on to the ball too long because of subpar offensive playmakers running wrong routes and not getting open.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back