PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Shady McCoy allegedly beat his gf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Note to self: do not stay at an nfl players house

facepalm-o.gif

Don’t Picard me! I’m sure you saw the post I was replying to.

Holy ****.... what a disgusting monster if this is true.

That is straight prison time right there, no amount of money can get you out of something that sick and over the top

You watch too much TV. Getting any of that data requires a search warrant, which of course requires probable cause. If they don't know who was at the home, then they have no way of finding out whose phone was where. Only after they figure out who was there, can they then turn around and get a search warrant and serve it on the carrier and see what calls were made, and what cell towers the phones were pinging off. If they even have half a brain, they all used pre-paid phones from Wal mart which they would have already destroyed. If you think you can go to a judge with a affidavit that states "TMZ is reporting..." you are mistaken.

It does look bad for McCoy, especially because he ws trying to get her out of his house. Why didn't he just pay a lawyer to get her evicted? Have the sherriff's dupties throw her out, not some gang of hoodlums. Maybe they stick to the code of silence and McCoy never gets criminally charged with this, but then what does the NFL do?

Talked about some bad press, having a player hire a goon squad to roust his old GF out of his house. Somewhere Chip Kelly is enjoying a large bowl of schadenfreude.

I am aware that a search warrant is needed. Giving her accusations, I suspect that that would not be difficult to obtain, if there is any evidence at all during their preliminary investigation that he could be involved.

“If they even have half a brain”.....Shady didn’t get rich on his brain power and I doubt that his crew has a lot of Mensa members.

You watch too much TV. Getting any of that data requires a search warrant, which of course requires probable cause. If they don't know who was at the home, then they have no way of finding out whose phone was where. Only after they figure out who was there, can they then turn around and get a search warrant and serve it on the carrier and see what calls were made, and what cell towers the phones were pinging off. If they even have half a brain, they all used pre-paid phones from Wal mart which they would have already destroyed. If you think you can go to a judge with a affidavit that states "TMZ is reporting..." you are mistaken.
There are a lot of ways the police can track someone's movement without a search warrant, especially across long distances. Public cameras are allowed to be used. If I am not mistaken, he claims he was in Florida. By law, you cannot ride a Florida highway for more than 1.3 miles without coming up on a tollbooth, and those things have cameras as well as other tracking "fastpass" type devices.

Granted, this isn't a murder case so the resources dedicated to the investigation would be less than if it were a capital crime.
It does look bad for McCoy, especially because he ws trying to get her out of his house. Why didn't he just pay a lawyer to get her evicted? Have the sherriff's dupties throw her out, not some gang of hoodlums. Maybe they stick to the code of silence and McCoy never gets criminally charged with this, but then what does the NFL do?
If she can establish she was living there (and not, like, just a guest) then the police will not throw someone out without a court order of eviction, even if the home owner wants them gone.
It is an extremely difficult, time consuming process to evict someone, even if you have a lawyer helping you out.

When it comes to domestic violence a picture is worth millions of words. For some reason the written word never does it justice, and folks are more apt to brush it off. A picture (or video) pierces the protective shield and shocks the system. He won't play again.

Looks bad but what if she didn’t wanna get out and accidentally something happened to her and she wasn’t beaten.

PatriotNumeroPimp136 with a hot taek for everybody!

I’m not saying give him a break, I’m just saying that people who play for buffalo are more likely to snap. There’s no mystery here. Lol

if true, shady is a pos...but damn..if your break up and someone wants you out of their house...leave.

Already knew he was a "****head" because he was stretching during the anthem?
We’re comparing apples and oranges. This here is obviously in a way way different category.

I can respect a guy kneeling even though I disagree, because at least they seem to have a good intention behind it. (Just a bad method of doing so IMO)

I don’t respect a guy who decides to sit down and stretch during the anthem. To me not even taking the situation seriously is what’s really disrespectful. It just makes him look like a major douche.

I just feel like that showed me his true character. And I don’t feel a need to apologize for that opinion just because it doesn’t fit the “it’s just a stupid flag” line of thinking.

Why is Goodell's league turning into the National Felon League? I don't see this kind of thuggery in the NHL, NBA or MLB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Back