PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Seahawks get only a "warning" for injuryreportgate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone surprised. If the Pats did this, we'd be talking about who we are going to draft in the 2nd round.

I guarantee you, you won't hear anything about the Steelers and Bell.

2 sets of rules.

How many times have they broken the rules for illegal practices?

They push the envelope as much as anyone & walk away with a warning.

Maybe Pete the Poodle has become Goodell's lap dog.

I don't know if it's so much Pete and SEA that are Goodell's BFF's but Rooney certainly is. As Florio says this looks designed to let the Steelers walk regarding Bell.

Integrity folks.

The article states that the reason for not punishing the Seahawks was because it was basically a misinterpretation of the rules.

So what is the difference when BB said he thought he was okay in Spygate because the rule mentioned "during the playing of the game", and the Pats didn't use the tapes during the game they were currently playing?

Is it not a "misinterpretation" if you win too much and are in the same division as the Omissioner's favorite team?

Link:
Seahawks skate on Sherman injury-report snafu

Florio nails it. Can't punish one of the league's darling franchises so they had to look the other way on SEA.

"Integrity" Goodell style. Too bad that word isn't on the clown shirts.
There's so damn much they could add to those shirts. Just for beginners:
#integrity
Roger That

I kind of like the clean look of the unadorned Bozo Goodell on the front of the shirt, but how about using the back?

"You rascals stop doing that, ok ? Here's a candy, now go and play with your friends."

I was laughing at the naivete of the people saying the Seahawks would lose a second round draft pick over this.

The NFL front office is a joke...but we all knew this.....

Poor rich owners are butt hurt,,,,, the Patriots keep winning.....

I'm actually rather glad that Defamegate didn't establish a new benchmark for punishments. I wouldn't want such a stupid ruling to become the new norm.

Just does highlight just how badly off base Goodell's punishment of Brady was, especially in the absence of any actual verifiable evidence of any wrongdoing at all.

lol at everyone who said they would lose a 2nd rounder.

So what is the difference when BB said he thought he was okay in Spygate because the rule mentioned "during the playing of the game", and the Pats didn't use the tapes during the game they were currently playing?

750k in fines and a first round pick.

2056xs3.jpg

The NFL know they can't afford to hobble two of the teams likely stand in the way of the Patriots adding more SBs in the next few years.

I have a suspicion that if it was just the Seahawks they would have been hit with something - add the Steelers in the mix and its another Giants-esque 'nothing to see here, folks".

Oh look, more #Integrity from 345 Park Avenue!

In addition to the OP's link to PFT, here are a couple other worthwhile columns on the subject:

Seahawks' Punishment For Hiding Injury Reportedly Goes From Loss Of Second-Round Pick To ... Just A Warning

It’s worth questioning NFL’s reported punishment for Seahawks’ violation of injury-reporting policy

And yet fans of other teams still think Patriot fans need to 'just drop it' and 'get over it', despite the obvious parallels with disparate penalties (or lack thereof). smh

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST