PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Seahawks get only a "warning" for injuryreportgate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sammie Coates just got surgery for a sports hernia and the Steelers never listed it. But i'm sure they'll get a warning or just plead ignorance and say he never told them.

I guess "repeat offender" doesn't apply if there is never any actual punishment.

That really goes pretty deep to people who are paying attention.

The Pats are repeat offenders because Goodell chose to make it so.

There are several other teams who would be repeat offenders if the Omissioner had chosen to punish them, but didn't, and fans of these teams that were allowed to slide are some of the biggest Pats haters, for example, the Broncos, who were not punished for taping another team's walkthrough, and the Rats, for Tripgate and tampering with Revis.

Sounds like a deliberate attempt to undermine the integrity of the game

hqdefault.jpg

There's so damn much they could add to those shirts. Just for beginners:
#integrity
Roger That

I kind of like the clean look of the unadorned Bozo Goodell on the front of the shirt, but how about using the back?
I think the best use of the back of the shirts would be to list Pats and other teams offenses and punishments, listed like you see concert dates and locations on rock band T-shirts.

Patriots - Camera in wrong place - 1st round pick forfeited and $750,000 in fines
Rats - Tripgate - $100,000 fine
Seahawks - Hiding injuries from injury report - Warning
Broncos - Taping the 49ers pre-game walkthrough - $ 100,000 fine
Giants - Using walkie-talkies to communicate during a game - 4th round pick degraded 12 spots at most
Pats - Footballs being under pressure due to IGL - 4 game suspension for Tom Brady and forfeited 1st and 4th round draft picks
Chiefs - Tampering with a free agent early - 3rd round pick forfeited
Giants - Player viciously abusing spouse - Rule calls for a 6 game suspension, but player was suspended just one game
Steelers - Footballs found to be under pressure - Probably due to low temperatures, but never investigated and no punishment
Colts - Sticking a needle in opposing teams' ball - No penalty
Giants - Sticking a needle in opposing teams' ball - No penalty

etc

etc

The article states that the reason for not punishing the Seahawks was because it was basically a misinterpretation of the rules.

"Ignorance is no excuse when it comes to protecting the shield"

- Roger goodell, explaining why he punished Sean Payton so severely

Who cares? Teams with fewer than 5 SBs aren't worth wasting our time on.

This is shocking! The NFL has always exhibited such integrity; I can't believe this turn of events :)

It really is infuriating.
....and I'm sure the NFL conducted a comprehensive investigation intended to get to the bottom of the matter.

Goody= Clown

When you accept double standards you guarantee you will always get double standards. This epitomizes why a lot of us who for years gave unyielding support to Kraft turned on him during Defamegate. It will continue unabated until he stands up to it. We all know when that will happen, unfortunately.

Once Brady retires, I am done with this league.

Thanks for the memories Tom!

After BB/TB retire we will just be another franchise.. unless BB is/has shown the blue print to success with Kraft so he can hire the guys that can get the job done.

I am currently reading Belichick and Brady and.. the book is going into detail about the decisions and the organization priorities that Bill put together. One of his best early moves was to hire an assistant Coach that BB liked, he assigned him to look at all college QB's. "We are going to be drafting a QB late in the draft" The assistant loved TB and was the only NFL team to call Tom.

I recommend reading it or getting the audible version.

Last edited:
And the NFL office wonders why Patriots Nation thinks they, and their leader, are a bunch of clowns...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST