PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Salty Jags Fans

Colin Cowherd was ripping the Jags this afternoon, calling them sore losers for complaining about the officiating. He also is of the strong opinion that the DPIs were legit and questioned the fumble (I realize he's a Patriot fan).

I said this before the game - the jaguars are one of the more penalized teams in the NFL while the patriots are not. The penalties against Jax last night were a product of bad coaching and decisionmaking on the field.

It really grinds their gears when you point out that key, game-changing plays, like Malcolm Butler's INT, Danny's winning catch, Hightower's strip sack vs. the Falcons, etc. all unfolded the way that they were practiced, over and over again. No miracles. Preparation, opportunity, execution.

Yes, it is starting to sink in.

Only Rob Parker, Max Kellerman, and a few households in Indianapolis react to these wins any more by saying "that lucky system QB and that lucky team stumbled on a win, again". Their numbers are dwindling fast, and it is glorious to see.

Real fans are starting to reflect this - people who watch their team's games when possible as a minimum bar, except if/when real life gets in the way (and that doesn't mean "when this really good movie is replaying on HBO." I mean, unless it's really good.)

I just mean, not pink hats who flick the channels around, notice that their team is on, and give it 15 minutes to entertain them (and then get the "Cheatriots/Luck" line at the coffee pot at work.)

But people that like pro football and embrace the season are starting to grudgingly get that if they're up against the Pats, they're up against a very, very tough out.

And can I just say the obvious one more time...? This team's good for the league. They're mentally tougher than the rest of the league, in large part because 52 other guys can look at the living legend who doesn't have a trace of anything but determination in his eyes when they're down 2 or 3 scores. Brady doesn't doubt, so they don't doubt, so 60 minutes means 60 minutes, not 59 minutes and 50 seconds.

I wasn't iffy about the Jags game because of this or that group of personnel. I was iffy about the Jags because they seem to have that confidence... but then they got to Gillette, where the master classes are taught.

havign rewatched the highlights, Myles jack can go **** himself, He legit slapped james white in the face after that first touchdown, right in front of the ref and no flag to be seen. such ********.
]

Great Banners That Should Have Been on Sports Television:

When Myles Jack got injured...

"Myles Jack Off"

Jags can complains till they blue in the face. They still be watching the Super Bowl from the couch.
The haters can keep on complaining. At the end of the day, they will eventually dig a hole and kill themselves with a shovel.

I said this before the game - the jaguars are one of the more penalized teams in the NFL while the patriots are not. The penalties against Jax last night were a product of bad coaching and decisionmaking on the field.
yes, just to support that, here is the link.

NFL Penalties - 2017 League Penalty Stats - View by Total - NFL Penalty Stats Tracker - List/Statistics/Data of NFL Penalties - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Jags were tied for 4th in most penalties against. Pats were 25th.

The refs called the fewest penalties against the Panthers, Giants, Ravens, Redskins, Colts, Packers, Cowboys, then the Patriots.

yes...Panthers, Giants, Ravens, Redskins, Colts, Packers, Cowboys

It would seem that calling fewer penalties is a very crappy way to ensure that a team succeeds! It is rather a combination of two factors going in opposite directions: aggressive play and player discipline.

I just heard someone on radio listing what they say were missed calls against the patriots, I wish someone would list all the missed calls against the Jags cause I know there was several!
At least 3 PI calls I can think of. The one to Hogan that almost got intercepted he was getting tackled before the ball got there.

Wait, the Jags have fans??????
TheGoodBortles_NBC_Getty_Ringer.0.jpg

Flores is not getting that job - looks like he'll be the new DC ... we'll see.

Something for Jags fans to look forward to: All their division rivals being coached by ex-Patriots )Vrabel, BOB, McD). Constant reminders.

That's the point though, 'once he had clear possession' is not the standard. If he's touched down at any point in the attempt to recover, including before he had clear possession, he's down.

Not just that, but according to Football Zebra refs a defender who takes the ball from a player on the ground is essentially deemed down by contact unless the defender is on his feet when taking the ball.

They are crying about the P.I calls but it really was P.I

If had been Rowe covering Hurns the same way and was penalized, none of these people would be claiming there was a conspiracy. They would think it was clear PI and an easy call.

Of course, if there was no flag, these nuts would think it was the right call when Jacksonville was playing defense, but a huge miscarriage of justice if the Patriots were on defense.

Basically, these folks were looking for any reason to scream "Conspiracy!" unless the Patriots lost.

Not just that, but according to Football Zebra refs a defender who takes the ball from a player on the ground is essentially deemed down by contact unless the defender is on his feet when taking the ball.
So, the defender -- after taking the ball away -- doesn't need to be touched to be down provided he's on the ground?

So, the defender -- after taking the ball away -- doesn't need to be touched to be down provided he's on the ground?

Yep.....

http://static.nfl.com/static/conten.../pdfs/10_Rule7_BallInPlay_DeadBall_Scrimm.pdf

Rule 7.2.f (Ball is declared Dead When)

(f) when an opponent takes a ball that is in the possession of a runner who is on the ground; or Note: An opponent may take or grab a ball (hand to hand) in possession of a runner who is on his feet or is airborne

Looks like he is on the ground to me....:rolleyes:

lewis fumble.JPG

Luke Russert's the son of the late, thoroughly decent and read-in Tim Russert... I happen to admire Russert Pere quite a bit. Alas, Luke appears to want to be culturally relevant in his career, and spew some uninformed opinion of the greatest tight end in NFL history.

Don't know where he's from. Might be a fan of one or another vitriolic enemy.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back