PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Salty Jags Fans

Hmm...

Lewis was on the ground, with the ball, but was the ball in his possession? That requires full control and is at least debatable.

It wasn'the moving when his hip hit the ground. We are not talking the reception rule. There is no surviving the ground. The ball was clearly pinned to his hip when he hit the ground. Calls into question whether it was a fumble or not, but if they want to say it was a continuation (I have no idea on this one, the NFL makes it hard to) of the initial strip of the ball then fine, but he clearly had the ball under control when he hit the ground. Now regardless of why they called it a fumble, not debating that here.

Lets say jack was in the process of pulling the ball out when they hit the ground and they had simultaneous posession at the very least Jack didn't completely finish pulling the ball out of Lewis' possesion until after Lewis was down. Therefore it's a dead ball according to the rule.

To be fair.... Every single fanbase thinks the NFL is rigged against their team.

Well, that's true...

And how many teams have had 2 1st Rounders and a lot more stolen from'm?? o_O

Yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeah. That's what I thought.

This wasn’t their best effort, but they did just enough to win. Need to play like they did against the Titans, when they play the Eagles in 2 weeks.

Owl ****. o_O

The Patriots play focused and intense every week. :mad:

The fact is that the Jaguars are a talented team that were going up against a severely depleted Patriots team ~ especially after Gronk got knocked out ~ and that the Jaguars coaches ~ and players ~ executed a magnificent game.

It took everything we had to beat'm. :eek:

Anybody thinking that the game was wafer-thin close for any other reason than the Jaguars coaching and playing a sensational game is blind. :rolleyes:

There wasn't anything controversial about this game, they are just plain old salty whiners.

I wonder why they think about the dirty hit on Gronk? We didnt get many calls, the Jags D was undisciplined and too emotional. Those are the reasons why we own the Steelers too......we are cold and methodical with bursts of emotional drive when needed.

Well said. The Jaguars played extraordinarily well...But it's one thing to be intense or excited ~ celebrating ~ and another thing to be squealing *****es. The Jaguars? They were the latter: Early on, every Play for them was not cause for celebration, but cause for taunting and grabbing their balls...And I predicted to my Bro, my long-term Patriots-watching Partner ~ that that wasted energy would doom them. :cool:

One of them brought up the fact that most of us were having meltdowns and were not confident at all in our team.

Speak for yourself, kiddo.
spock.gif

It wasn'the moving when his hip hit the ground. We are not talking the reception rule. There is no surviving the ground.

Even a runner who loses control of the football, then attempts to regain control of it, has to survive the ground for him to be considered to be in possession of the football.

That was part of referee Tony Corrente's explanation of the ASJ play. ASJ caught a pass, was a runner, lost the football, attempted to regain control with a knee down, did not (that made it a free ball). Then he went out of bounds in the end zone before finally gaining control (that made it a touchback).

His exact words: The final shot we saw was from the end zone that showed the New York Jets' runner, we'll call him a runner at that point, with the football starting to go toward the ground," Corrente said. "He lost the ball. It came out of his control as he was almost to the ground. Now he re-grasps the ball and by rule, now he has to complete the process of recovery, which means he has to survive the ground again. So in recovering it, he recovered, hit the knee, started to roll and the ball came out a second time. So the ball started to move in his hands this way ... he's now out of bounds in the end zone, which now created a touchback. So he didn't survive the recovery and didn't survive the ground during the recovery is what happened here."

Referee explains decision on controversial non-TD by Jets' Austin Seferian-Jenkins

Hell, we know a player absolutely has to hold onto a fumble even when he's on the ground and has secured it. I mean, folks, Pierre Woods!!

The game wasent refereed too badly. I agree it was a fumble according to how the rule is written. You want to see bad refs look at the fail marry play on YouTube, you’ll laugh for hours

I watched it multiple times and it is debatable that Lewis touched him once Jack had clear possession.

But that's not the rule.

If it were, a player could deliberately drop the fumble after ripping it away just so he could advance it.

Instead, the refs consider being touched down to happen in the motion of the recovery.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back