PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Salty Jags Fans

Even though they were loud, the Pats fans were even louder, particularly on 3rd down for Jax. My ears were still ringing last night, something that I can't remember happening there.
I hope you're hoarse as well, like me. ;)

It was a tough call. He looked to be down by contact. When did the whistle blow? Was it immediate or during the run back?

Looked down by contact to me. Also looks like Lewis also reached out with his arm and touched his shoulder when he rolled away which makes anything did after that moot.

Eagles are probably preparing their excuses already.

First stage is denial. Right now they're all saying "Nick F*** Foles, man... you can't stop him, you just hope to contain him..."

Second stage is anger, and Philly fans won't even start on that until they realize that every Vikings fan in the house is now a Patriots fan, and wahhhhhhh, Nicky can't hear when the Pats are on defense...

bargaining happens during the game... "Please God, if you let us win this, we'll put down the pipe forever..."

Depression happens at game's end...

Acceptance? Well... remember how long 2007 took us? Maybe that. You have to remember that we're just three Lombardi trophies removed from being in the Iggles fans shoes... eh that doesn't help. Truthfully, in the present era, I can't even stretch my mind to understand the days of going to the SB once every 10 years (and losing it).

Thank you, TFB and BB. It's been a brilliant ride. And it ain't done yet!

They want conspiracy.. I've been telling everyone when the Jags signed a 5 year deal to play in England every year that they would get better every year culminating them getting a super bowl.. as payment

I've had a tenner on it every year lol This year was there lowest odds at 100-1 haha

Comments section on every social media after a Patriots win is how the refs are on the Pats payroll. I guess *****ing about cheating got old.

I went out on errands this morning and had Mad Dog Radio on, which has fans from all over... One guy calls in to angrily admire Belichick and Brady. He kept having to add "...and I HATE the Patriots..." Then it was "That delay of game after the timeout? You would NEVER see that from the Patriots!" "The halftime adjustments? Give me a break, nobody can do that like Belichick."

Actual fans, and not just us, have gotten the message... no, we were never the "lucky" Patriots, no, we're not the "Cheatriots" (although they'll still hang on to that one, it's not the explanation...)

We're those damn Patriots that will go to the SB on average every other year... we're those damn Patriots that own this League*... we're just better than their teams, and they know it. Yeah I know I'm just a fan, but it's a damn good team to be a fan of.

Edit: Please let us win this please let us win this please let us win this

It was a tough call. He looked to be down by contact. When did the whistle blow? Was it immediate or during the run back?

Whistle was pretty much immediate, both Lewis and him were touching on the ground. It was a dead ball.

The people whining about the refs being biased, the NFL being rigged, the Patriots being cheaters etc. etc.

I just put it down to the fact they have to make excuses in order to make themselves feel better about the woeful inadequacies of the teams they are fans of.
They can't beat the Patriots straight up, so they clutch at every excuse and conspiracy theory to stroke their own deflated egos.

If the refs wanted the patriots to win they would have overturned the Lewis fumble. They had the opportunity to do so at that moment.

Oh yeah? Well what about Amendolas catch on 3rd and 18? Or his catch in the end zone? They didn’t overturn either one of those!!! Fecking Patriots, they get all the fecking calls all the fecking time. Brady threw 36 Interceptable balls and the refs didn’t give the Jags even 1 fecking interception!!!! It’s fecking rigged I tell ya, fecking rugged, and I’m fecking sick of it.

Have at it if this is your thing, but I can't get my head around truly getting on Jags fans. They played a heck of a game, and aside from a little chippiness, of which we've seen worse, nothing much to gloat about.

havign rewatched the highlights, Myles jack can go **** himself, He legit slapped james white in the face after that first touchdown, right in front of the ref and no flag to be seen. such ********.

I went out on errands this morning and had Mad Dog Radio on, which has fans from all over... One guy calls in to angrily admire Belichick and Brady. He kept having to add "...and I HATE the Patriots..." Then it was "That delay of game after the timeout? You would NEVER see that from the Patriots!" "The halftime adjustments? Give me a break, nobody can do that like Belichick."

Actual fans, and not just us, have gotten the message... no, we were never the "lucky" Patriots, no, we're not the "Cheatriots" (although they'll still hang on to that one, it's not the explanation...)

We're those damn Patriots that will go to the SB on average every other year... we're those damn Patriots that own this League*... we're just better than their teams, and they know it. Yeah I know I'm just a fan, but it's a damn good team to be a fan of.

Edit: Please let us win this please let us win this please let us win this

It really grinds their gears when you point out that key, game-changing plays, like Malcolm Butler's INT, Danny's winning catch, Hightower's strip sack vs. the Falcons, etc. all unfolded the way that they were practiced, over and over again. No miracles. Preparation, opportunity, execution.

Yes, it is starting to sink in.

Only Rob Parker, Max Kellerman, and a few households in Indianapolis react to these wins any more by saying "that lucky system QB and that lucky team stumbled on a win, again". Their numbers are dwindling fast, and it is glorious to see.

I just heard someone on radio listing what they say were missed calls against the patriots, I wish someone would list all the missed calls against the Jags cause I know there was several!

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back