PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Rick Nash to Bruins for 1st rounder, Lindgren, Spooner and Belesky

I can see McAvoy being untouchable, but not Pasternak and Carlo, not when Karlsson is the target. I do appreciate the input though.

Karlsson isn't walking through that door.

May I ask a question? How does one become a "Rangers fan here too", if you're a Pats fan?

That's incredibly bizarre. Are you Adam Sandler?

Connecticut? I mean, Whalers fans had to go somewhere and the Rangers AHL team is there. Makes perfect sense to me.

May I ask a question? How does one become a "Rangers fan here too", if you're a Pats fan?

That's incredibly bizarre. Are you Adam Sandler?

Long story from my childhood that's probably not nearly interesting enough to detail here. But I've been rooting for them for over 25 years now, so it's not a passing phase or anything.

Patriots, Red Sox, Celtics (for as much as I follow basketball anyway), and Rangers. Go figure.

Long story from my childhood that's probably not nearly interesting enough to detail here. But I've been rooting for them for over 25 years now, so it's not a passing phase or anything.

Patriots, Red Sox, Celtics (for as much as I follow basketball anyway), and Rangers. Go figure.

I was just curious. I grew up with a guy who rooted for the Jets and Yankees. He was beaten down regularly. lmao

There seems to be someone like this at random, where it appears maybe they're doing it to stick it to their dad or something. I still think it's weird considering the Boston/rivalry thing.

Connecticut? I mean, Whalers fans had to go somewhere and the Rangers AHL team is there. Makes perfect sense to me.

No it doesn't, hence why there is no more Hartford Whalers.

Karlsson isn't walking through that door.

I don’t believe they will get him either, but I’m still interested in what it would take. Would you trade Pasternak, Carlo, Frederic, and the 2019 1st for him if that would get it done? I would. Remember, you get Ryan at 1/2 his salary as well, as that is what McKenzie is saying is a key part of the deal for Ottawa.

And, in this case, the Senators are clearly interested in moving Karlsson, it’s not a pipe dream.

I was just curious. I grew up with a guy who rooted for the Jets and Yankees. He was beaten down regularly. lmao

There seems to be someone like this at random, where it appears maybe they're doing it to stick it to their dad or something. I still think it's weird considering the Boston/rivalry thing.

Nothing quite like that. And I think the Boston/New York rivalry isn't quite as intense in hockey, since the teams are in different divisions. If I wanted to stick it to anyone around here I'd be a Canadians fan :D

No it doesn't, hence why there is no more Hartford Whalers.

There are no more Hartford Whalers because Peter Karmanos is a piece of **** and the city refused to be blackmailed into building him a new arena so he decided to punish the city by moving them anywhere that would pay. The Bruins did not have a stranglehold on New England hockey like other sports do for the period most posters on this board were growing up, and it's not at all shocking that many Whalers fans would have moved to the Rangers rather than the Bruins, especially given the Wolfpack play in Hartford. Would have figured you knew that since your knowledge of hockey is "up there."

I don’t believe they will get him either, but I’m still interested in what it would take. Would you trade Pasternak, Carlo, Frederic, and the 2019 1st for him if that would get it done? I would. Remember, you get Ryan at 1/2 his salary as well, as that is what McKenzie is saying is a key part of the deal for Ottawa.

And, in this case, the Senators are clearly interested in moving Karlsson, it’s not a pipe dream.

Karlsson's foot would worry me a bit, and I think Ryan even at half his ridiculous salary is still an albatross. Giving up Pastrnak for anything, even a top-3 player in the game, seems like a bad idea. Smooth skating sniper who plays responsible defense and is still just 22? Who's going to score? And on top of that you have to give up a budding top-4 defenseman and a 1st round pick, after having already dropped one for Nash? Karlsson's tied up for another year but then you have to pay him or let him walk.

I don't know, I'd let someone else trade the moon for him. Amazing player but if you gut your team you just end up as the Senators.

Karlsson's foot would worry me a bit, and I think Ryan even at half his ridiculous salary is still an albatross. Giving up Pastrnak for anything, even a top-3 player in the game, seems like a bad idea. Smooth skating sniper who plays responsible defense and is still just 22? Who's going to score? And on top of that you have to give up a budding top-4 defenseman and a 1st round pick, after having already dropped one for Nash? Karlsson's tied up for another year but then you have to pay him or let him walk.

I don't know, I'd let someone else trade the moon for him. Amazing player but if you gut your team you just end up as the Senators.

As far as scoring goes they have two of the top forwards in the world in Bergeron and Marchand, they also have Krejci, Nash, and Donato on the way up. Pasternak and Carlo are really good young players but Karlsson is an all world caliber of player, and you have to give up quality to get greatness. I don’t like having to add Ryan but with Ottawa taking half the salary I would do the deal. A team with Bergeron, Marchand, Chara, Rask, and Karlsson on it would be really hard to take down in the playoffs. I get your reservations but I would make the deal.

I doubt Ottawa would send Karlsson to a division rival. BTW, there are rumors of Melynck confronting Karlsson over a $350 Uber tab in the lockerroom during a game. It led to EK and Melynck getting into a fight. I am 100% positive EK will be traded eventually.

Nothing quite like that. And I think the Boston/New York rivalry isn't quite as intense in hockey, since the teams are in different divisions. If I wanted to stick it to anyone around here I'd be a Canadians fan :D

Oh, I agree. I don't even hate the Rangers. I hate the Yankees and Jets. And, of course, I hate the Habs like everyone else.

I'll even hate the Habs when they are god awful, or like they are now. Loving every minute of their suffering.

Last edited:
I doubt Ottawa would send Karlsson to a division rival. BTW, there are rumors of Melynck confronting Karlsson over a $350 Uber tab in the lockerroom during a game. It led to EK and Melynck getting into a fight. I am 100% positive EK will be traded eventually.

As mentioned above, the Defenseman market is about to blow up, so I would stay away from these kinds of players. As great as Karlsson is, Doughty, Subban, etc, all of these guys are about to blow the market wide open. IMO, the teams that take on these salaries, will be similar to the QB market in the NFL.

I am not saying the NHL cap situation is as tough as getting 53 guys under a cap with proper salary allocation, but it will have an effect.

What Sweeney is doing with McAvoy and Grezylck is great. He needs to keep finding guys like that until the market can settle.

That is why Ottawa is trading him in the first place.

I hope this doesn’t turn into fixing something that isn’t broken.
2 things to note. The bruins were winning so many games when they were trailing in the game. That’s got to change. Can’t expect to win all the time playing from behind.

I’m not overly concerned with the losing streak. 2 road games back to back to end a trip is tough. I think they are really good.

Should be an interesting afternoon, I hope Tampa Bay strikes out at the deadline.

Sh.t, McDonagh to the Lightning.

That sucks

This season’s Stanley Cup playoffs are going to be exceptional.

Tampa will win the Cup.

They are loaded but it’s still the Stanley Cup playoffs and anything can happen. The Bruins also have top end talent and if they play well they can beat them.

Pastrnak is absolutely untouchable, and Carlo should also be nearly untouchable...
Agree about Pasternak, but respectfully disagree about Carlo...but agree again regarding the rest of the post.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back