PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Revis says the Jets should treat him with class

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just looked up EVISCERATION and there you are Tunes, staring back at me with a bloody boning knife in one hand and a bloody Jets cap in the other....BRAVO!

Really looking forward to buying you two a brew at a Jets/Pats game one of these years. Just gotta let me know what section.

Only downside for you guys is I'll be with a bunch of Jet/Giant fans.

All these years, I could respect the whole mercenary mentality. It's a dangerous sport, takes years off your life, the team has no loyalty to you, and careers are short. So by all means, make every cent you can while you can make it and I'll never have a bad thing to say about it.

But FFS, Revis. After a decade of being the NFL's most notorious mercenary, it shouldn't be possible to have so little self-awareness to say something like this with a straight face.

Revis should retire and hook up with his twin, LaDunceington Tomlinson. The two of them can launch a nationwide "classy" tour detailing their incredible feats of class.

Or teach a class...

You old pricks who seem to genuinely dislike a completely sane poster because of team affiliation need to get a grip.

Ironical coming from the self proclaimed "King Of Dislikes"....he's a Jet fan...how in all worlds through infinite dimensions is he "completely sane"? Please, spare me the holier than thou bullshyt.

That's my only problem with Revis. I'm comfortable with his cutthroat, shrewd style of business but to speak that disrespectful about TB and the team in which he played for and won a title with is the very definition of low-class and ignorant.

Sounds to me like Revis is just trying to con Woody into paying him the rest of his contract

Can't blame Revis for trying. Woody does have a track record of doing stupid things. Like signing Revis to that ridiculous contract in the first place

Really looking forward to buying you two a brew at a Jets/Pats game one of these years. Just gotta let me know what section.

Only downside for you guys is I'll be with a bunch of Jet/Giant fans.
The downside begins with knowing you're in our stadium. Besides, we don't drink beer at games; we value razor-sharp acuity of perception to relish every minute aspect of Green Beans suckage. But if you insist, just send us money for sandwiches and chowder and we'll call it even.

You old pricks who seem to genuinely dislike a completely sane poster because of team affiliation need to get a grip.

Maybe I've always just been misreading it but those posts come across as breaking balls to me.

You above all others are in no position to assess sanity. ;)

Reevis=old and useless

That's one of the reasons I'm not making a case for greatest career CB. He has failed there miserably. What I'm mainly saying is in his prime, he was the best CB ever.

What years do you consider his prime? Maybe best to just look at the years he held out to make it easier to determine. Hmmm?? Ok - Anyway - These numbers are off top of my head and may be just a little off but i believe the years are spot on. I would say his prime was 2007-2010. Would you agree?

2007 - Rookie holdout. Ended up getting 17 million a year for 3 years. Misses most of training camp.
2009 - holds out again before contract that he held out in first place to obtain is final.
20011 - claims he will holdout next season.
2012 - starts season but tells team he will not re-up with Jets unless they restructure during season. Revis blows out knee.
2013 - As dumb as the Jets are, even they realize they will never be able to pay this guy enough cash. They find a team just as dumb and trade him. TB pays Revis but he is not seen for 2 years playing in small market on a ****ty team.
2014 - Patriots pick up Revis and pay him 12 million (far less than any paycheck he has ever received). Revis wins a championship
2015 - Woody tampers and claims he made a big mistake letting Revis go the first time. Revis eyes light up like a shark. Once again Revis see's $$$$ and choses cash over another championship.
2016 - As usual Jets see a shiny lure and cannot resist. Pay him 133 in total and cripple the team into salary cap hell.

Last edited:
Darelle, You'll never be as classy as this guy.

never a patriot in my eyes

Agreed... more like...

1235209220_d2ae4fad10.jpg

Probably already been said but...

Revis is no longer a good cornerback, really he is probably at the bottom end of CB's at this point. he has never treated anyone with the amount of class he now wants to enjoy. If he moves to Saftey maybe he can get a couple more years but even then he isn't worth more than 4 million a year. He can talk about if he leaves the Jets but in reality I dont think anyone will take him, huge risk if he stays at CB and I think a lot of teams now know what he Is really about and that he isn't that good anymore. I believe he either takes a new deals with the Jets, maybe 4-5 million or he ends up walking the streets.

The Jets were stupid to pay him what he did, Im happy he didnt accept the Pats offer.

Revis=Done...time to retire with a little dignity. There's your respect Mr. Revis.

Maybe I've always just been misreading it but those posts come across as breaking balls to me.

Joker, yeah. But Joker's the loveable grump of this forum. He's our Bernie Sanders but with more lingering STDs from the 60s.

The downside begins with knowing you're in our stadium. Besides, we don't drink beer at games; we value razor-sharp acuity of perception to relish every minute aspect of Green Beans suckage. But if you insist, just send us money for sandwiches and chowder and we'll call it even.

Tell ya what, I'll sneak in a 6 pack just for you two...

900.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday