OT: Revis says the Jets should treat him with class

Status
Not open for further replies.

convertedpatsfan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Revis: Jets should show class and retain me

"Would I love to be here? Yes," Revis said in a locker-room interview with the Post. "Will I be back? That's a great question. My thing would be this: Do the New York Jets want to treat my situation with class or no class? With me being one of the best players in the history of this franchise, do they want me to retire here or not retire here?"

More like "Do the New York Jets want to keep overpaying me a ridiculous amount to **** off for another season?"

The guy who treated his entire career as a business is now getting sentimental? Holy ****. He was a shrewd businessman, used his leverage effectively throughout his career and always treated it like a business to the most extreme level. Now he wants the Jets to be emotional about the end of the career?

No sane person would bring him back for another year on that contract. But thankfully, Woody is a complete ****** and just might do it. Hopefully Revis's media lobbying works and the Jets **** themselves again.

Can the Jets even get out of that contract without taking a massive cap hit?

Revis: Jets should show class and retain me

More like "Do the New York Jets want to keep overpaying me a ridiculous amount to **** off for another season?"

The guy who treated his entire career as a business is now getting sentimental? Holy ****. He was a shrewd businessman, used his leverage effectively throughout his career and always treated it like a business to the most extreme level. Now he wants the Jets to be emotional about the end of the career?

No sane person would bring him back for another year on that contract. But thankfully, Woody is a complete ****** and just might do it. Hopefully Revis's media lobbying works and the Jets **** themselves again.

Dont fall into the trap.

Revis will always be a business-first guy.

Revis is using what little leverage he has (emotion) so they don't cut him, but instead rework his deal.

"Would I love to be here? Yes," Revis said in a locker-room interview with the Post. "Will I be back? That's a great question. My thing would be this: Do the New York Jets want to treat my situation with class or no class? With me being one of the best players in the history of this franchise, do they want me to retire here or not retire here?"

This.

LOL HOLY ****

THIS!!!!

Might be the single best thing I ever read, heard or could fathom in my imagination.

The ****in stones on Revis. This ****in guy.

Money well spent NY! Bravo!!!!

Bill got him at his cheapest while still close to top form while the Jets and Buc's paid a ridiculous amount of money for very little roi.

I like him about 50% more now.

Can the Jets even get out of that contract without taking a massive cap hit?
Revis' cap hit next season is 15.33 million. If cut before June 1 the dead money will be 8 million. Post June 1 the dead money will be 6.33 million.

• Agree
Reactions: PP2
I was such a big fan of resigning. BB was right - ObV - again.

belichick-laughing-o.gif

Damn, this irony is too much to not comment on.

The best part is he's working on the assumption that the Jest are dumb enough to fall for it.

The Jets should treat Revis as if it's a business decision. Revis, being a businessman, should understand that.

LMAO! Mevis has only ever been about the money. If he wanted to win championships he could have stayed with the Pats and taken a pay cut to win more rings. Now that he can't play at the level that he's being paid for all of a sudden it's about loyalty or whatever it is he's trying to BS about. He cares for Mevis and only Mevis so the Jets should treat this as a business decision and nothing else.

It can't be a business when you're awesome and a "class" thing now. I don't recall the Jets getting a "you drafted me and I want to retire here" discount at any point.

You wanna stay? Take a ****ing pay cut.

However, since they're the Jets and they **** up everything, they probably won't. Good for them, I say. Keep ****ing up and making it that much easier for the Patriots to keep winning division titles. Now if only Buffalo hadn't fired Rexy.

I hope they keep him at the current contract. Serves jets right for the subterfuge of signing him in the first place. Just another flat tire on that white and green plane we all love to hate....

Coming from the guy that held out 2 years into a 5 year deal, that at the time paid him more than any CB. Basically held the organization hostage and the Jets obliged.

Class and Revis don't belong in the same sentence. Especially when it involves the Jets.

I think Woody should give him an extension. After all, he's a Jet at heart as well as a sure fire first ballot Hall of Fame shut down corner. He's Revis Island and he eliminates half the field for any NYFL QB. The Jets would be crazy to let him go.

"Will the Jets treat me with class or how I treated them for most of my career?"

The guy held out and then got a new deal for something like 4-5 years and then a few days later said he would be looking for a new deal in two year or holding out again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back