PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Raiders WR Henry Ruggs fatal suspected DUI crash; (update: Desean Jackson to replace him on Raiders…lol)

He might just be too toxic. The problem is, every NFL fan knows this story. It’s not like Josh Gordon where you could rationalize it as a personal problem that is only hurting him. It’s not under the radar. And the details are horrific. Ruggs also isn’t a star QB like Michael Vick who could turn a franchise around potentially.

And really, Ruggs starting point is 2 years. He’s not getting less unless a prosecutor totally botches the case. If he plays every card right, 5 is probably the best he can he hope for imo
I would love for you to be right but I have so little faith in both the league and the criminal justice system at this point I would honestly be more surprised if he didn't at least get one more shot.

Wow, so we are all rednecks? You sound like a bigot!

So according to you, Mac Jones is a redneck, Damien Harris is a redneck, Christian Barmore is redneck, and Donta Hightower is a redneck? In fact any player that plays for a SEC school is a redneck? Does that include all the players that might come to play from California, Michigan, New Jersey, or Washington. Do they automatically become a redneck the minute they commit to a SEC school, or is it when they step foot on campus?

Please enlighten one, tell me when the redneckness infects those players? LOL
I don't want to clog this thread up debating who is a redneck and who isn't. A woman died because a singular idiot decided to be reckless.

I don't want to clog this thread up debating who is a redneck and who isn't. A woman died because a singular idiot decided to be reckless.
Never said he wasn't and said he should go to jail. You are the one who started with the insults. Glad to hear you decided to quit and focus on what is really important, the tragic loss of life by a senseless action of stupidity.

I just read the details about the post-crash rescue attempts and want to go throw up.

Ugh…

I don't think the Players' Association gets involved if a player is sued in civil court by an outside party. He is on his own in that regard. Ruggs himself will certainly hire the best lawyer money can buy though. (It seems the Las Vegas Top Golf might want to consider doing the same)
Ruggs will be represented by a lawyer hired by his automobile insurance carrier. Top Golf is off the hook because Nevada - unlike the vast majority of states - doesn't allow dram shop liability

Ruggs will be represented by a lawyer hired by his automobile insurance carrier. Top Golf is off the hook because Nevada - unlike the vast majority of states - doesn't allow dram shop liability
Was Top Golf his last stop before the accident?

OT: Top Golf is so much fun. Can easily drop major cash there.

I would advise that family to hire the absolute best attorneys they can because you know the players association is going to have the best attorneys that money can buy.
As of right now, he's a former player. I don't recall the PA doing much for "he who cannot be named" on the legal front. They did file grievances on behalf of his estate to try to get back bonus money that was withheld, but that is NFLPA trying to defend contractual rights, which IMO is a different issue.

I don't think the Players' Association gets involved if a player is sued in civil court by an outside party. He is on his own in that regard. Ruggs himself will certainly hire the best lawyer money can buy though. (It seems the Las Vegas Top Golf might want to consider doing the same)
If @lancerman is close on his estimate of his worth, the best lawyers that money can buy may cost more than he has.

One way or another it's all going away, be it to lawyers or victims or both.

The insurance lawyers will do what insurance lawyers do: Settle. But there may be separate actions again Ruggs independent of the insurance company.
As of right now, he's a former player. I don't recall the PA doing much for "he who cannot be named" on the legal front. They did file grievances on behalf of his estate to try to get back bonus money that was withheld, but that is NFLPA trying to defend contractual rights, which IMO is a different issue.

If @lancerman is close on his estimate of his worth, the best lawyers that money can buy may cost more than he has.

One way or another it's all going away, be it to lawyers or victims or both.
I didn't see landerman's post but I looked at his earnings. Apparently he has made $11 million but take away taxes and we're down to about $6 million tp $7 million. I have no idea how much of that he still has laying around.

He's got money...a good lawyer will get him 15-20 suspended with five to serve...he'll do 2/3's of that before first shot parole. The DA will plea bargain the weapons charge to get a plea. She's dead. Not a very just outcome and I know personally...lost my ex and a woman I still love to a drunk in East Greenwich two years ago. The woman who killed her blew a 2.6 breathalyzer. Patty's dead. This woman got 12 years ...7 to serve. Little solace to her family and friends.

He's got money...a good lawyer will get him 15-20 suspended with five to serve...he'll do 2/3's of that before first shot parole. The DA will plea bargain the weapons charge to get a plea. She's dead. Not a very just outcome and I know personally...lost my ex and a woman I still love to a drunk in East Greenwich two years ago. The woman who killed her blew a 2.6 breathalyzer. Patty's dead. This woman got 12 years ...7 to serve. Little solace to her family and friends.

I’m really sorry.

Condolences.

Condolences.
I'm curious Joker, and I hope I'm not out of line, but as a victim of this crime, was that a sentence that satisfied you? Do you think it should have more? And what if it had been less? I'm not being frivolous here. We all cry out in anger when we hear about events like this, but we rarely have the opportunity to ask someone who was directly effected by drunk driving these questions.

Feel free to ignore this post if its too personal.

I'm curious Joker, and I hope I'm not out of line, but as a victim of this crime, was that a sentence that satisfied you? Do you think it should have more? And what if it had been less? I'm not being frivolous here. We all cry out in anger when we hear about events like this, but we rarely have the opportunity to ask someone who was directly effected by drunk driving these questions.

Feel free to ignore this post if its too personal.
Her sisters wanted this person put away for 20 years. They are enraged still. Close family. Patty was Auntie Bubba to her sisters children from when they were born. The kids were traumatized and still having a hard time dealing with loss. It sucks all the way around. The woman who is responsible had spent the night drinking in the East Greenwich V.F.W. Post from 5 in the afternoon until it closed at 11. She and her husband were regulars there. They had a fight at closing time and she left in her car in a rage. He was already a twice convicted drunk driver and had been charged and did time for DUI death resulting a decade earlier. Alcoholics in a marital relationship. A story that's been told in every town in this country. She passed out and crossed the center line smashing head on with the car Patty was in. Patty's sister was driving her and her boyfriend home from her other sister's daughter's wedding. Patty's boyfriend got a brain injury siiting in the back seat with Patty. Donna got a bruised sternum from the steering wheel and Katy, a passenger got some broken ribs and a concussion. Patty was in a coma for five days before she passed. I was there at her side every day in RI Hosp. praying for a miracle, along with her entire family.

I wish harm on no human being, something learned from decades of excess and risk taking, but I expected remorse from this woman at the least. She was in denial right up until her sentencing. The judge threw the book at her. Her husband never showed up at any of the pre trial hearings...THAT is the sonuvab i tch I wanted to confront. No amount of anger will bring Patricia Ann back. Wasted emotion IMO.

Patty the night of her niece's wedding reception

reagan-and-Patty.jpg

Daniels-with-Reagan-SingnFB-e1635208177585.png

There is a really sad twist to this story. First I want to say I do not in any way excuse what Ruggs did, it fact, he should go to jail! There is absolutely no excuse for drinking and driving and on top of that speeding and taking the life of another person.

But, when Ruggs was in high school his best friend was killed in an auto accident. Ruggs was supposed to be in the car, but he was sick. Ruggs honored his friend after every TD by raising 3 fingers, the number his friend wore in sports.

This whole story is really sad, most importantly for the young woman that lost her life and her family. I also feel bad for Ruggs and his family. He never got in any trouble at Alabama and always did things the Bama Way.

The Bama Angel acted right because the million dollar NFL payday was waiting for him.

Ruggs routinely drove on Las Vegas streets at speeds at excess of 100+. There are videos of him bragging that the rocket is getting ready to take off. The Raiders should file to recoup money already paid to Ruggs. Take every penny that they can and leave whats left for the lawyers.

The Bama Angel acted right because the million dollar NFL payday was waiting for him.

Ruggs routinely drove on Las Vegas streets at speeds at excess of 100+. There are videos of him bragging that the rocket is getting ready to take off. The Raiders should file to recoup money already paid to Ruggs. Take every penny that they can and leave whats left for the lawyers.

I wouldn't be surprised but do have a source for that?

Nevermind, I found one:

NFL news 2021: Video shows Henry Ruggs III laughing while speeding year before deadly DUI crash | news.com.au — Australia’s leading news site​

Disgraced NFL star Henry Ruggs III was filmed giggling while speeding through suburban Las Vegas streets a year before his deadly crash — with his girlfriend nervously begging him to “slow down.”
In the video, taken by Ruggs’ girlfriend, Kiara Kilgo-Washington, the booted Raiders wide receiver can be seen revving his engine as he zooms down a street.

Watch Live NFL every Monday, Tuesday and Friday with ESPN on Kayo. 6 live games every week + every game of the Post-Season. New to Kayo? Start Your Free Trial >

The eight-minute clip, reviewed by the Las Vegas Review-Journal before it was deleted on Friday morning, also features the caption, “SLOW DOWNNN” with smiley face emojis.

After already squealing and telling Ruggs to “just don’t do it no more,” Kilgo-Washington asks what the athlete plans to do next, the video shows.

“Launch,” Ruggs tells her, as the car revs in the background. “What rockets do? Take off.”

Video shows NFL star laughing while speeding year before deadly crash

Last edited:
I wouldn't be surprised but do have a source for that?

Do you have the video?
I saw it on the Sun from the UK.

Not sure if its still there, but that site always has more details and especially video's than US news sites. There is a video directly after the crash with Ruggs girlfriend sitting on the road near the Corvette and she is yelling at the cop to get Ruggs some help. The victims car was fully engulfed in flames and things were blowing up. It appears that neither Ruggs or his girlfriend tried to help the girl get out.

She is a pos too.

I saw it on the Sun from the UK.

Not sure if its still there, but that site always has more details and especially video's than US news sites. There is a video directly after the crash with Ruggs girlfriend sitting on the road near the Corvette and she is yelling at the cop to get Ruggs some help. The victims car was fully engulfed in flames and things were blowing up. It appears that neither Ruggs or his girlfriend tried to help the girl get out.

She is a pos too.

So it was just a matter of time before he was going to kill himself and/or someone else. Too bad he didn't kill himself first.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back