PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Peter King at Bucs TC w/ Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.
He didn't even really have Edelman at 100%. IMHO, by the end of the year (which means I am factoring in the Edelman injury and AB/Gordon being long gone), 2019 was the worst group of receivers Brady had in his entire career. Even worse than 2006.

Has there even been a worse group of WR/TEs than what Brady was throwing to in the wild card game?

2 WRs that were probably too hard to be playing, one rookie WR that gets less seperation than the previous 2 wrs, and 1 40 year old TE. :poop:

Whats funny is that Week 2 Brady theoretically had one of the greatest WR corps in NFL history.

Edelman, AB, and Josh Gordon. At full strength that would have been incredible :(

Interestingly for the 3 days between AB signing and Thomas being traded the Patriots actually had 3 WRs who had gone for over 1600 yards in a season on the roster.:haha:

Feck Peter Queen...haven't read his fishwrap-worthy shyte since 2007...don't drink coffee or snobby beers either...
Agreed on King.
But you dont drink coffee?
Only a feckin weirdo doesnt drink coffee.

Brady and Howard with good chemistry. Two things about that:

1. More salt on the wounds for trading for Sanu last year instead of Howard.

2. I think Tampa is going to regret trading for Gronk, and I don’t really understand that move. $10M cap hit for a guy who very much looked done in 2018 when they already have two good tight ends.

They were completely flush with cap space, so the $10 million doesnt really hurt them badly even if Gronk blows his ACL in training camp

He has chemistry with Brady and he can still ball out, even if he doesn't play like the GOAT TE, he'll be better than 95% of the other TEs in the league

From 2019 to 2020 Brady has a significant upgrade at every single skill spot aside from a pass catching back.

Mike Evans, Chris Godwin, and rookie Tyler Johnson could kill it in the slot position with all the coverage going to the big names. Compare that group 2019. A banged up rookie who didn't show much when healthy, Dorsett who had a 2018esque Chris Hogan disappearance, Josh Gordon who was a shell of his former self before flaming out, then a badly beaten Edelman.

Their tight end group is an embarrassment of riches. The greatest TE who ever walked the earth and has a rapport with Brady, coming back fresh and will likely not have the workload he had in 2018. A ridiculously athletic you young player in Howard who might finally be utilized with a competent QB. Then one of my favorite tight ends in the league in Cameron Brate (who I wanted the Patriots to go out and get last year) coming back healthy to round out the group. No need to mention the group Brady had last year as they were barely better than practice squad players.

Their RB group is average but outside of the pass catching ability of James White I would say ours is too. Ke'Shawn Vaughn could end up being solid for them and split time with Ronald Jones.

From 2019 to 2020 Brady has a significant upgrade at every single skill spot aside from a pass catching back.

Mike Evans, Chris Godwin, and rookie Tyler Johnson could kill it in the slot position with all the coverage going to the big names. Compare that group 2019. A banged up rookie who didn't show much when healthy, Dorsett who had a 2018esque Chris Hogan disappearance, Josh Gordon who was a shell of his former self before flaming out, then a badly beaten Edelman.

Their tight end group is an embarrassment of riches. The greatest TE who ever walked the earth and has a rapport with Brady, coming back fresh and will likely not have the workload he had in 2018. A ridiculously athletic you young player in Howard who might finally be utilized with a competent QB. Then one of my favorite tight ends in the league in Cameron Brate (who I wanted the Patriots to go out and get last year) coming back healthy to round out the group. No need to mention the group Brady had last year as they were barely better than practice squad players.

Their RB group is average but outside of the pass catching ability of James White I would say ours is too. Ke'Shawn Vaughn could end up being solid for them and split time with Ronald Jones.
Saints are going to get their a** kicked week one.

Think the opening Jets game in 2007.

Agreed with everything here but I believe Johnson has been hurt and others have stepped up or been playing well like Watson & Miller. Rookie behind a very deep rec corp when you add in TE. It'll be an uphill battle for him imo and I've really liked him for years now. He'll be fine eventually. He's polished in a few areas and not lacking confidence. I'd be wary of Vaughn too but a lot lesser extent. Eventually, this year he should be good to go but missed some time too. Wouldn't be surprised if it was a slow start for him.

Maybe, but the Saints are pretty good too.
Keep in mind there's no home crowd noise and they got handled by Kirk Cousins and the Vikings at home last playoffs.

Saints have taken the title from the Chargers as the most "talented roster" in the NFL, yet can't do anything with it.

Last edited:
He didn't even really have Edelman at 100%. IMHO, by the end of the year (which means I am factoring in the Edelman injury and AB/Gordon being long gone), 2019 was the worst group of receivers Brady had in his entire career. Even worse than 2006.

Really hope Two Receivers Step up from the bunch and help Edelman. Edelman's days as a #1WR are well behind him. Hated the way he got beat up last year.

Granted this is one particular highlight from one angle, but man does it still look like TB12 still has it. The pocket awareness and using his eyes to move the defense was impressive to see from the ground level like that.

I'm still a little sour by how everything went down with him leaving but it's going to be hard to not watch the guy play. Just such a special quarterback and athlete.

If the Pats & Bucs play, I think I'll be rooting for the Pats but I wouldn't be devastated to see Brady get a win.

Last edited:
I'm still a little sour by how everything went down with him leaving but it's going to be hard to not watch the guy play. Just such a special quarterback and athlete.

If the Pats & Bucs play, I think I'll be rooting for the Pats but I wouldn't be devastated to see Brady get a win.

I'll give you credit for writing what many other Brady ball-washers here also feel in their broken hearts but are afraid to admit publicly. You "think" that you'd root for the Pats? Your statement is pathetic and you should never refer to yourself as true Patriots fan again, because you clearly aren't.

I'll give you credit for writing what many other Brady ball-washers here also feel in their broken hearts but are afraid to admit publicly. You "think" that you'd root for the Pats? Your statement is pathetic and you should never refer to yourself as true Patriots fan again, because you clearly aren't.

I can never understand this type of militant perspective and gatekeeping of fandom.

I think it's unfortunate to belittle and attack those who have different feelings about this situation than your own, and to define fandom exclusively as you see it while allowing no room for others to understand their relationship with the teams and players in other ways.

To call that post I made "pathetic" and to determine that I am not a "true fan" is inaccurate. Fortunately, the legitimacy and realness of my Patriots' fandom does not cease to exist because of your feelings.

I'll happily continue to be a "true" Patriots' fan.

Last edited:

Your post is ridiculous.

Granted this is one particular highlight from one angle, but man does it still look like TB12 still has it. The pocket awareness and using his eyes to move the defense was impressive to see from the ground level like that.

He definitely still has it. Anyone who knew what they were looking at last year could tell that. The decision making is still among the best in the NFL, the release time is still THE best in the NFL, and the ball is coming out with plenty of zip. His receivers last year were TERRIBLE after the team parted ways with Brown. The only threat to him, at his age, is injury. And, with that OL, that’s definitely a possibility. Especially if he’s going to have to hold the ball longer than usual in Arians’ offense, which stresses vertical route concepts more than the underneath/YAC stuff he did in the E-P here.

Brady is a rival now. No different from Brees, Mahomes, Rodgers or any other big name. Like them the only time I’ll cheer for Tompa’s new team is if they can help the Pats by winning. They play the Chiefs this year so that will probably be one of those games.

No other time.

If the Pats and Bucs play there’s a 0% chance I’ll be cheering for the Bucs.

Last edited:
Agree with this. Football is serious ****ing business.

Based on what we saw last year from him, I doubt this is a double digit win team if he stayed here.

Agree with this. Football is serious ****ing business.

rofl.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots