PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Peter King at Bucs TC w/ Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still can't read anything about Brady without feeling really depressed.

Thanks to a larger sense of closure in my life, with a lot of emotionally-interconnected things that were running in parallel wrapping up (including the ultimate cause of my Pats fandom, to my unending amusement), I'm at peace with TB's departure. Not clicking my heels for joy, mind you, def would rather have him around, but I'm OK.

I still can't read anything about Brady without feeling really depressed.
Pretty soon you'll be reading about Stidham and feeling depressed.

Tampa looking to address the team's depth issues.

He's a midget (think a shorter but heavier Ryan Wendell), but he's Brucie's midget and the only reason he's been collecting NFL checks for a decade now...still far longer than his former Penn State teammate taken one hundred and three picks earlier...

No doubt the Bucs put a lot of stuff off limits. But Brady hasn't had to do a one on one interview for a long, long time where he doesn't get to say what questions he'll answer. So, under the circumstances that was probably as good as we could have hoped for.

There's one thing about the interview that I can't get out of my mind.

Brady, is man of very few words who always wants to be in control of his message. He twice used the phrase "margin of error." Towards the beginning and then at the end of the interview. There's no secret that he views windows for his receivers in millimetres, not just inches. As he's gotten older, he's increasingly depended on precision for his success. He doesn't feel he has much margin for error.

I never try to read anything into Brady's affect during an interview since it's pretty much the same all the time. He's always under control, practically flat, as he was with King. But his repeating that phrase makes me think that he feels something important is missing and he's not sure he can get it fixed anytime soon.

There's one thing about the interview that I can't get out of my mind.

Brady, is man of very few words who always wants to be in control of his message. He twice used the phrase "margin of error." Towards the beginning and then at the end of the interview. There's no secret that he views windows for his receivers in millimetres, not just inches. As he's gotten older, he's increasingly depended on precision for his success. He doesn't feel he has much margin for error.

I never try to read anything into Brady's affect during an interview since it's pretty much the same all the time. He's always under control, practically flat, as he was with King. But his repeating that phrase makes me think that he feels something important is missing and he's not sure he can get it fixed anytime soon.

It seems to me that he's trying to completely overhaul a lackadaisical culture in just a matter of weeks, so he's pounding the essentials as best he can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes