PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Peter King at Bucs TC w/ Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on what we saw last year from him, I doubt this is a double digit win team if he stayed here.

Brady > Newton > Hoyer > Stidham

Brady > Newton > Hoyer > Stidham
I heard someone was passing your rankings along to Stidham but they were intercepted before they could get to him.

I heard someone was passing your rankings along to Stidham but they were intercepted before they could get to him.

You've got to love the "Well, they cut Hoyer, so Stidham must be better" argument. It completely flies in the face of everything BB, and we know that cutting Hoyer was done with the intent to bring him back after cut downs, yet it gets spread like it's gospel.

Brady for MVP is a good value bet at +1600 (if they play the season.) He'll have the press narrative on his side.

I was watching the Bucs training camp video last night. Brady with a totally different demeanor than last year and he's actually excited to play with these guys. They are loaded at the skill positions outside of RB.

Brady for MVP is a good value bet at +1600 (if they play the season.) He'll have the press narrative on his side.
Probably the volume stats, too. And there’s not many teams on the NFC side who match up well with them now that they have Brady, so a Super Bowl appearance isn’t necessarily out of the question.

Probably the volume stats, too. And there’s not many teams on the NFC side who match up well with them now that they have Brady, so a Super Bowl appearance isn’t necessarily out of the question.
And they will be the 49ers worst nightmare who they passed on Brady this off season. Him and Gronk would've been a packaged deal.

Bucs have at least 5 capable playmakers at WR/TE. And I'm hearing good things about Scotty Miller.

With the Bucs underrated D and Brady leading the O, they win no less than 12 games.

Watch out for a newly invigorated Brady with a chip on his shoulder and an arsenal of weapons.

And they will be the 49ers worst nightmare who they passed on Brady this off season. Him and Gronk would've been a packaged deal.

Bucs have at least 5 capable playmakers at WR/TE. And I'm hearing good things about Scotty Miller.

With the Bucs underrated D and Brady leading the O, they win no less than 12 games.

The disadvantage for Tampa is that they have a lot of parts that will be getting fit together on the fly, and their schedule is not remotely helpful at the start of the season. Their first game is against the Saints, which is a veteran group that doesn't have anything approaching the chemistry/learning curve issues, in New Orleans. Game 2 is at home against the Panthers, which should be a win, but which will involve the wild card of the opposing team having a college coach taking over. Game 3 then requires them to go on the road to Denver.

So it won't shock me to see the Bucs start off at 1-2. And, even after that, the travel is a see saw for a while (home Chargers, at Chicago, home Green Bay, at Vegas). And their out of division schedule features the AFCW and NFCN, which means that they'll be facing the likes of the Chiefs, Packers, Vikings, etc...

Because of that sort of stuff, I could see a situation where they needed to win something like 3 of their last 4 in order to get into the playoffs as a wild card. I could see situations that are much more positive for the Bucs than that, as well, but I think it's a total "wait and see" season for them.

I'll give you credit for writing what many other Brady ball-washers here also feel in their broken hearts but are afraid to admit publicly. You "think" that you'd root for the Pats? Your statement is pathetic and you should never refer to yourself as true Patriots fan again, because you clearly aren't.
Wow you are such a fan!!!!

I'll give you credit for writing what many other Brady ball-washers here also feel in their broken hearts but are afraid to admit publicly. You "think" that you'd root for the Pats? Your statement is pathetic and you should never refer to yourself as true Patriots fan again, because you clearly aren't.
Well we really don't have to worry about that scenario because the likelihood of them meeting is very slim to none.

The disadvantage for Tampa is that they have a lot of parts that will be getting fit together on the fly, and their schedule is not remotely helpful at the start of the season. Their first game is against the Saints, which is a veteran group that doesn't have anything approaching the chemistry/learning curve issues, in New Orleans. Game 2 is at home against the Panthers, which should be a win, but which will involve the wild card of the opposing team having a college coach taking over. Game 3 then requires them to go on the road to Denver.

So it won't shock me to see the Bucs start off at 1-2. And, even after that, the travel is a see saw for a while (home Chargers, at Chicago, home Green Bay, at Vegas). And their out of division schedule features the AFCW and NFCN, which means that they'll be facing the likes of the Chiefs, Packers, Vikings, etc...

Because of that sort of stuff, I could see a situation where they needed to win something like 3 of their last 4 in order to get into the playoffs as a wild card. I could see situations that are much more positive for the Bucs than that, as well, but I think it's a total "wait and see" season for them.
Father time for Brady is only way I see this going south.

Saints are overrated and I see the Bucs beating the brakes off of them week 1. Brady didn't have much time with Moss in '07 and that turned out alright. They have so many guys that can do damage and teams won't know how to defend them yet.

I see them coming out like the Rams in '99 shell shocking teams.

An interesting quote from Brady yesterday was that he said he won't get mad at his receivers making mistakes because he'll make mistakes too.

That was a different story all last season as he made smirks and laughed at guys in disgust making mistakes (Harry receiving most of it).

Based on what we saw last year from him, I doubt this is a double digit win team if he stayed here.
This roster, vs this schedule, with Brady goes 10-6; with Cam Newton it goes 8-8; and with Hoyer or Stidham 6-10.

Harry flamed out.
Gordon drugged out.
AB trashed Kraft
Dorsett never worked out.

Brady had White and Edelman.

Gronk played around all season that he might come back to the Pats.

And Brady didn't throw that much to White last season not compared to previous years.

They were completely flush with cap space, so the $10 million doesnt really hurt them badly even if Gronk blows his ACL in training camp

He has chemistry with Brady and he can still ball out, even if he doesn't play like the GOAT TE, he'll be better than 95% of the other TEs in the league

He can block for Brady. I don't think that he'll be better than 95% of other TEs. That percentage is much too high, IMO.

Well we really don't have to worry about that scenario because the likelihood of them meeting is very slim to none.

I am rooting for the Pats to face Brady and TB in the SB.

I still can't read anything about Brady without feeling really depressed.

Tampa looking to address the team's depth issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back