PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2021 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

I can't blame Rodgers for wanting a high passer rating and great statistics.

Players, from the average fan perspective, are primarily praised by their stats.

It's why Richard Seymour isn't the HOF. His impact on the 03-04 defenses were just as much as Donald on the Rams or JJ Watt on the Texans. But because he didn't get the flashy sack numbers he gets grossly overlooked.

Unfortunately it doesn't matter how great you are, you need the stats to get recognized, so how can you fault any player for wanting that recognition?

Ehh he wasn’t Donald but he was DEFINITELY better than Watt who is on the All Time Overrated roster.

Ehh he wasn’t Donald but he was DEFINITELY better than Watt who is on the All Time Overrated roster.
And Watt will be a first ballot HOF

So a mod questioned my fandom, then banned me from a thread for calling her a honk. Then, after she'd banned me, and knew that I could, therefore not respond, she proceeded to post more comments in response to my earlier posts, with me having no chance for rebuttal.

And people wonder why I talk about the censorship on this board, and why I'd left because of it before.

rofl.gif

Ehhhh....I'll give you that Bill has been more successful than Reid, all things considered, but this measuring stick isn't right.

Reid made it to five NFC Championship games and a Super Bowl with Donovan McNabb. The Chiefs were a perennial playoff contender with Alex Smith. With Mahomes, he's winning at over .800 and is 6-0 in the postseason against everyone other than Tom Brady.

Look at the years before Reid in Philadelphia; they were 3-13 in 1998. In Kansas City, they were 2-14 in 2012.

Let's say Belichick only had Brady for 3 seasons and Reid had Mahomes for 19 seasons...is there any question the results would be dramatically different?

View attachment 35853

View attachment 35854
First off I have to say this. The coaches don't matter nearly as much as the players. Reid doesn't win as much without McNabb and Mahomes and Bill doesn't win as much without Brady.

Taking over a team with a poor record, and at times a better team than their record, is the easy way to improve and look good. Tuna Crap made a career out of that strategy.

So a mod questioned my fandom, then banned me from a thread for calling her a honk. Then, after she'd banned me, and knew that I could, therefore not respond, she proceeded to post more comments in response to my earlier posts, with me having no chance for rebuttal.

And people wonder why I talk about the censorship on this board, and why I'd left because of it before.

rofl.gif
Silly the only way to prove you're a Patriots fan is to be a homer.

First off I have to say this. The coaches don't matter nearly as much as the players. Reid doesn't win as much without McNabb and Mahomes and Bill doesn't win as much without Brady.

Taking over a team with a poor record, and at times a better team than their record, is the easy way to improve and look good. Tuna Crap made a career out of that strategy.
I have always said. A coach can call the greatest play that was ever called and if the player does not execute it, it fails. Another coach can make a flat out stupid play call and the player execute it and they win and then the coach is a genius. It always comes down to execution by the players. A play fails or succeeds by the player. Coaches go through tons of things every year in order to get the right player so that their plan does not fail.

Silly the only way to prove you're a Patriots fan is to be a homer.

The notion that it's ok for the honks/homers to question the non-honks, but it's not ok for the non-honks/non-homers to point out that the honks/homers are honks/homers, should have been a non-starter in that mod's brain.

That it wasn't is a huge problem.

I won't say anymore on the subject right now. I'm deciding on how to move forward.

The notion that it's ok for the honks/homers to question the non-honks, but it's not ok for the non-honks/non-homers to point out that the honks/homers are honks/homers, should have been a non-starter in that mod's brain.

That it wasn't is a huge problem.

I won't say anymore on the subject right now. I'm deciding on how to move forward.
Goodbye, go onto the Tampa Bay Buc board and see how long they put up. with your insults.

It is strange to me that people talk about a "system" with Belichick, even though almost every QB has failed under him. Even Testaverde, the gold standard of "the average QB who Bill can lead far" was garbage in 1994 and was the reason they weren't a real contender with the league's best defense. People want to talk about a system that's easy for the quarterback, or coaching advantage, Andy Reid really is the guy to talk about. This doesn't diminish Mahomes at all, because obviously his talent is undeniable, but it is just odd how the narrative (Belichick makes QBs; Mahomes makes Reid) is really the opposite if you look at the history of these coaches. In addition to McNabb:

• Michael Vick, straight out of jail, started for the Eagles in 2010. He had a 100.2 passer rating and was an MVP candidate throughout the season. His passing stats were by far the best of his career.

• Alex Smith, the definition of an average, middling quarterback, who is competent but can't take you to the next level, went 50-26 with the Chiefs. In 2014, Alex Smith did not throw a touchdown pass to a wide receiver, but the team still finished average in PPG. They beat the Patriots 41-14 (first of two times Smith was able to put up 40+ on the Patriots, and both times the Patriots went to the Super Bowl.)
Was Smith a running QB? I think he might have been. That may account for his lack of TD passes to WRs, or at least some of it. He also may have had a thing for TE's.

I remember talking to my brother whose daughter went to FSU way back then and I was trying to tell him that they should be worried about Vick. I thought he was going to be a good/great QB.
I didn't think that BC's Matt Ryan would end up in the NYFL. Woops!

I don't understand what just happened.
Well. There is a troll on the board. He is running around on every thread trashing Brady like Brady stole his wife. In the heat of the moment I think one of the mods agreed with him and someone said something to the mod, it was taken as an insult although I am not even sure what it means, but alas this caused someone to be booted from the thread. While the troll is running around to every thread stirring up **** and causing threads to get closed and is able to do this without an issue.

I mean, I actually made fun of a guy’s dead wife in that thread and I didn’t get tossed.

You absolutely are.
Again, I am newish here, but there is a poster that is in fact stiring up crap on threads and is causing a lot of heat, not to mention changing subjects to talk about a QB who is not here anymore, over and over again. I am in no way telling you how to run this board because I in fact love how things work for the most part here, but I think stopping that thing from happening, would clear up a lot of the crap that the threads turned into.

I have always said. A coach can call the greatest play that was ever called and if the player does not execute it, it fails. Another coach can make a flat out stupid play call and the player execute it and they win and then the coach is a genius. It always comes down to execution by the players. A play fails or succeeds by the player. Coaches go through tons of things every year in order to get the right player so that their plan does not fail.
Yup. And a great example of that is right in front of us. You take a 2018 SB champ's two best players on offense and move them to a new team with a coaching staff that's been mocked here to death in the past, and those two players help turn that new team around two years later. It's as plain to see as the nose on this guy's face...
American actor, comedian, singer and songwriter Jimmy Durante , circa 1935.

Yup. And a great example of that is right in front of us. You take a 2018 SB champ's two best players on offense and move them to a new team with a coaching staff that's been mocked here to death in the past, and those two players help turn that new team around two years later. It's as plain to see as the nose on this guy's face...
American actor, comedian, singer and songwriter Jimmy Durante , circa 1935.
It makes a world of difference and its not just about their play, its everything. I said when Brady left, its not just his play we are losing. Players gravitate to him and they look to him to get them out of spots and to put them in the right position, and knows the right things to do and say. It comes from being here so long and being one of the people that built this thing, he brings all that to a tampa team that was not winning, no leadership, commiting penalties, turning the ball over, making bad plays in games, being lost on how to win. It changed everything for them.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back